Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebalance and/or Engine in 2011?

Rebalance and/or Engine in 2011?

Well its 2 years ago since it was announced so maybe you guys could give us a clue if its planned for this year or the next 3.
    Some of us have payed FC for 10 years of gametime. We know nothing f f s.

I wouldn't expect an answer to that as such. But lets keep our fingers crossed that Santa wont get drunk and will deliver it for x-mas.

Until then:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=593354

Or else hope that The Hogfather gives up some nice sausages.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogline View Post
    Or else hope that The Hogfather gives up some nice sausages.
    As a Troll, I have a hard time learning, but I learnt something today... The Hogfather. Thank you Sir, much obliged.

My guess: rebalancing maybe, engine definitely not.

September will probably be about tweaking the new TL7 stuff and dailies on test further, releasing them around the end of the month, then probably fixing/tweaking further during October and adding some small stuff along the tweak updates to live.

If the new nano/perk system gets rolled out on testlive after that (in late October), then it might get finished by the end of the year, but I find it very unlikely, considering the scope of changes and the extent of alpha/beta testing it will need on testlive to ensure first that (most of it) actually does works, then fixing the large amount of smaller issues that are guaranteed to arise from changes of this magnitude, then playtesting and adjusting the new nanos, perks and related game mechanisms to achieve a "balance" before it can be considered to be ready to release on live. All these things together, realisticly... First quarter of 2012, the earliest.

And since it has been said that any public work (including betatesting) will only start on the render engine after the rebalancing has been finished and rolled out to live (probably along with a feature lock on anything gameplay and content related until the engine is finalized), even if the rebalancing does occur in Q1 2012, Q3 of 2012 still seems a very optimistic estimate for the render engine to arrive to live.

So, see you same time, next year...

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

My take is that engine is more or less done and waiting for rebalance. After all, engine will not be out till that's done.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

funcom fails to deliver to us players. the balance should ben released loong time ago to draw players.. the new engine i doubt have much intrest for anyone since graphic isnt what makes ao to ao for most of us, i doubt the game give the player anything special with a new look on a building and items.
    and the balance isnt even big. i playd loads of new mmo's that has no staff almost that has released more patches and changes in some mounths than funcom has done the last 2-3 years gatherd.

how hard is it to code a perkline to change for example? or change the effect on some nanos?
    this is more or less what the balance is about. and this has taken funcom over 2 years to do.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Sep 15th, 2011 at 18:42:52.

I don't need new graphic, but hardware mouse is a must. It is not fun to play DB2 with low fps either.
    Dragocz RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    funcom fails to deliver to us players. the balance should ben released loong time ago to draw players.. the new engine i doubt have much intrest for anyone since graphic isnt what makes ao to ao for most of us, i doubt the game give the player anything special with a new look on a building and items.
    and the balance isnt even big. i playd loads of new mmo's that has no staff almost that has released more patches and changes in some mounths than funcom has done the last 2-3 years gatherd.

how hard is it to code a perkline to change for example? or change the effect on some nanos?
    this is more or less what the balance is about. and this has taken funcom over 2 years to do.
    I hate to do a Mastablasta here, but I can't really agree with you.

You see, they don't need to rush. If they get the engine, balance and new content in before the release of The Secret World, there is really no problem. The Secret World will draw in bucket loads of people. Specially with the interfacing over social networks, and viral marketing campaign. The game will inject itself faster than the Ebola virus, especially now that management realized that it is wise to team up with EA.

And Funcom will do the wise thing, what Sony Station did. They offer a package deal where you can play Age of Conan, The Secret World and Anarchy Online in a bundle. I mean it's not really that hard to see this coming.

And I will be taking the package deal, just so I can troll the boards.

My take is that Means & Co got eaten by wild Canadian moose. Gaute returns to AO, and there will be no news from the devs in the next 9 months.

I mean the above scenario is just as plausible as anything else™
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

!points add 10 Epic
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Wouldn't count on it, now or in this decade. 4+ years of working on it and all they have to show is one NPC city complete and some random items?

Same goes for rebalance.

Not sure what op doesnt understand in SOON ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rush3R View Post
    Not sure what op doesnt understand in SOON ...
    If I could make conjectures wildly I would convert Soon(TM) in for Q1 2012. Which is not to shabby tbh, imho.
    {removed by Anarrina}

Please don't forget to read the Anarchy Online Bulletin Board Social Guidelines & Information.

I think they are trying to be Blizzard (lol). It's done-when-it's-done type deal.

id was the original "it's done when it's done" sayer.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti.
    /salute for the Monty Python reference

hum ... atm, they are buzy with next patch with DB3 and gauntlet.. after that, they ll work on halloween... and after that, they ll work on Xmass...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast