Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 18.4.8 Update Release Notes

This is because you love me & want me to be happy.
    It's very sweet & I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    New Stims and Rechargers are now available in the shops, they can be used in both RK and SL.
    The requirements of the new kits are First Aid OR Treatment. The new stims require First Aid.
    Aleah, MA :: Zhoie, Doctor :: Scarlett, Soldier
    Neutral, (former) President of Art of War

Dipping my toe back in, thinking of returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For the record, this is an exploit I am totally cool with people using. :P

Question

"Many high level monsters will now have their originally intended level of Initiative skills. This will make some monsters hit faster and be more difficult to debuff."

After re-reading this I am not so sure I like it without some explicit details. I would like some details and example on this please.

Thanks,
    Cago30

Quote Originally Posted by Cago30 View Post
    "Many high level monsters will now have their originally intended level of Initiative skills. This will make some monsters hit faster and be more difficult to debuff."

After re-reading this I am not so sure I like it without some explicit details. I would like some details and example on this please.

Thanks,
    Cago30
    FWM had some details. Not exhaustively, of course, too detailed to post in one thread. But hey, it'll be love. Maybe all those places that they said were so hard will actually be hard now
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

By Goddess! Fixed cameras for when I use my hacked graft to wolf up! Yes! If you could make it so my light still works so I'm not stumbling around in the pitch dark for daring to morph that would be soooo good. : )
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

[*]Daily Mission: Bar Run - No longer available to players 200-220 (now available to 175-199).
    Just noticed this. Thanks for making one of the most annoying dailies even worse by forcing it only to lower level characters with less runspeed. Atleast TL7's had the high runspeeds to make this slightly bearable. I remember seeing some very good suggestions to actually make this bearable. One of the best was making it one time only quest. But i guess making it more annoying was easier to accomplish.

Btw, got this 8 times in a row on my MP. And the 5 before that were the scooplet hunt, which for non-fixers is atleast as annoying. Well, I hope the new incoming dailes will make things better.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Running around for 5 minutes is horrible and terrible? I see.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Even 220's using all the possible city whompas and veteran RK beacon don't do it in 5 minutes. And while i admit it was nice and fun the first couple of times, after the 50th it becomes extremely annoying.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Nah. It takes a wooopping 15minutes. :3 I dont get why so much complaining as well.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Thanks for the heads up, Mastablasta.

Actually the bar run mission was probably one of the more easy and interesting missions. An element of danger, not technically difficult for any profession, not too long, Informative. What more could you ask for? I will be sad to see it removed from the TL7 range.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Perhaps they should add it as elite daily option for TL7ers...
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Just noticed this. Thanks for making one of the most annoying dailies even worse by forcing it only to lower level characters with less runspeed. Atleast TL7's had the high runspeeds to make this slightly bearable. I remember seeing some very good suggestions to actually make this bearable. One of the best was making it one time only quest. But i guess making it more annoying was easier to accomplish.

Btw, got this 8 times in a row on my MP. And the 5 before that were the scooplet hunt, which for non-fixers is atleast as annoying. Well, I hope the new incoming dailes will make things better.
    agreed.

after doing it once, it became an auto delete one for me.

i don't consider just running around for any length of time "fun". killing stuff, thats a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    hehee

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    There are, but nobody choice then ;P
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

New Content:

Ancient Novictum Refiner can now be bought from the Yutto Tools vendors. It is pricey when purchased directly from the Yuttos but may also be obtained for free from a short quest.
    This was already available for the princely sum of 1 credit. It was just not a guaranteed in-stock item.

A Typically fine and well-balanced patch, i can see quite a lot of thought and testing has gone into the decisons. Congratulations to the team.

/Sarcasm off
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    A Typically fine and well-balanced patch, i can see quite a lot of thought and testing has gone into the decisons. Congratulations to the team.

/Sarcasm off
    urf. thats mean.

I think it's quite a good patch.

FWM had some details. Not exhaustively, of course, too detailed to post in one thread. But hey, it'll be love. Maybe all those places that they said were so hard will actually be hard now
    Oh great, I wonder if they included in The Mercenaries and the such in EFP and else where?
    If so, well good luck to anyone doing those raids.
    And this also means that froobs doing higher level missions for xp/money, I'd say have a good time killing them while you can, because you're going to get screwed after this patch.
    You're losing more money to buy the stims and rechargers, but also getting hit for even more with the new mob inits, so you have to keep buying more stims faster. lose-lose all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    Oh great, I wonder if they included in The Mercenaries and the such in EFP and else where?
    If so, well good luck to anyone doing those raids.
    And this also means that froobs doing higher level missions for xp/money, I'd say have a good time killing them while you can, because you're going to get screwed after this patch.
    You're losing more money to buy the stims and rechargers, but also getting hit for even more with the new mob inits, so you have to keep buying more stims faster. lose-lose all the way
    Must also depend on the weapon item used by the monster. Mercs use different ones compared to new ones.

But hey if noone can do anything because very high level mobs get maybe 10% faster then the population as a whole must be in a really sorry state. I don't recall anything on the way up being actually difficult, save certain endbosses in very high level RK missions, and you can just skip those.

But then, even before SL mercs were getting easy.
    The Red Brotherhood

Not really worried about Mercs or RK mission bosses, but it's going to be interesting to see how mobs like The Collector perform after they have their Limiters removed...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast