Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 18.4.8 Update Release Notes

Somehow I get the idea that people think there's going to be a massive spike in difficulty level, enough so that large parts of the game will become inaccessible to all but gigantic zergs. Don't you think that's quite a silly thing to think?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Somehow I get the idea that people think there's going to be a massive spike in difficulty level, enough so that large parts of the game will become inaccessible to all but gigantic zergs. Don't you think that's quite a silly thing to think?
    You know, not everyone has access to inner circle knowledge ...

Now, I guess you base your opinion on the fact that every encounters of the game have been deeply tested on Testlive ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post

Now, I guess you base your opinion on the fact that every encounters of the game have been deeply tested on Testlive ?
    What inner circle knowledge. Did you read the post? It said something like "the mobs were balanced internally to how difficult we wanted them to be" and then they were nerfed on public servers. I don't have any other knowledge than the ability to add 2 and 2, and in this case that adds up to that being a ridiculous idea. Would "balanced" be something inaccessible to all but huge zergs or completely undoable because the mob killed everyone with its 50000 inits? Unlikely, since nothing in the game has been that since ... I don't know, mercs before introduction of gear with statbonus? Pandemonium was only zerged because there was such a demand for it , and the only thing that stopped us from doing S42 was that noone knew how it worked and thought it required some huge zerg force to bruteforce.

Logic says that if there's anything horrible out there it's going to be one of the billion trashmobs roaming around randomly in high level zones. Not anything that actually has people visiting it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Three words: Alien Heavy Patroller.

I foresee several S42 wipes.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Just noticed this. Thanks for making one of the most annoying dailies even worse by forcing it only to lower level characters with less runspeed. Atleast TL7's had the high runspeeds to make this slightly bearable. I remember seeing some very good suggestions to actually make this bearable. One of the best was making it one time only quest. But i guess making it more annoying was easier to accomplish.

Btw, got this 8 times in a row on my MP. And the 5 before that were the scooplet hunt, which for non-fixers is atleast as annoying. Well, I hope the new incoming dailes will make things better.
    At least it's now available in a level range you can get past, instead of being stuck with it forever until you no longer need to do dailies.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Three words: Alien Heavy Patroller.

I foresee several S42 wipes.
    Maybe that'll make it interesting again
    The Red Brotherhood

Maybe that'll make it interesting again
    ;o Its interesting with 10~12 ppl per side.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

Removed Adventuring requirement from Hyper-Radiation Protection Skin and Glasses.
    de'Valos Penumbra ring still want Adventuring on test server

edit:
    and next upgrades too...
    Last edited by Mavritanic; Oct 4th, 2011 at 02:34:54.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

This patch is supposed to come out in 1-2 days (depending on timezone etc ). I hope that AT LEAST some extra thought has gone into the new first aid stims taking all the issues I mentioned into consideration. If all goes well this link should take you to my latest posts in the thread where they are to be discussed.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

I agree with Masta. I don't get why people think that the game will become impossible for everyone with this fix. And if it turns out that the fix makes every encounter super hard or impossible to do. I'm sure there will be a fix, ether to the inits of the mobs that have become impossible, or a rollback.

oh and have a look at this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Until now it has been possible to set a much higher value on internal servers, test it until we were happy, then discover to our horror that the number was different on live.
    Judging by this it seems like they have been able to test every encounter on the test servers with the correct inits since forever, unless there has been done major changes on the test servers. So my guess is, after this patch the encounters will have the difficulity they where tested and intended to be.

PS: i didn't read all of the posts inn here, so sorry if i just said something that has already been said.

;o Its interesting with 10~12 ppl per side.
    That's what we do these days, I can sit afk on /follow and we make it through np
    The Red Brotherhood

That's what we do these days, I can sit afk on /follow and we make it through np
    It just proves that you are of no use the rest of the time too
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

It just proves that you are of no use the rest of the time too
    Yep, which is generally just sad. And on the boss, because seekers spawn at health intervals, me doing all the damage I can, can be destrimental to the outcome.
    The Red Brotherhood

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    de'Valos Penumbra ring still want Adventuring on test server

edit:
    and next upgrades too...
    These were changed a bit late in the process and won't be making it to live with this next update, but should be fixed in the Halloween patch in a couple of weeks. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

eee huuh
    eee huuh
    eee huuh
    eee huuh

*stops hyperventilating*

Whens the rebalance done please kintaii!?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Whens the rebalance done please kintaii!?
    Soon™! =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Patch is out tomorrow, be ready to log on and wipe with scrubs
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    Patch is out tomorrow, be ready to log on and wipe with scrubs
    start poking friends you know well now so you don't get stuck with pickup groups tomorrow.

Thats what we do when we do it as org/coop. But since you go with zerg bots the only thing you see is the zergling easy mode

Thats what we do when we do it as org/coop. But since you go with zerg bots the only thing you see is the zergling easy mode
    he does it coop too o-o

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast