Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Sept. 30th, 2011: More Pictures? More Pictures.

more pictures, that's all it'll ever be, is pictures...

First two pics look very blurry, also shot from a 4.3 screen. Something went wrong with taking those 2 screenshots i think.
    The very first screens from oa/tir (screenshots and video) look much clearer.

That last pic is a flametrower isn't it? xD
    Last edited by Xatgunner; Sep 30th, 2011 at 19:17:16.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

the last pic is Elvis.. i knew it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner7 View Post
    the last pic is Elvis.. i knew it..
    It looks like Duke Nukem to me!

post pictures on the main site, save FWM for actual NEWS.
    give us something about rebalance for Christ's sake
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

cool stuff, looking forward to this years Halloween as well
    = Clan Storm Meatshield =

Oddgrim - lvl220 AI:30|LE:70-Enforcer |- Teh Bat-trox! : Equipment
    Kilmeister -lvl220 AI:23|LE:70-Soldier |- Cannonfodder! : Equipment
    Art gallery
    Ao wallpapers

The last picture should have a caption on it. "THIS is my boomstick!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Troxxor View Post

And damn! That vid is over 3.5yrs old
    Exactly. I think its cute that you guys have so much hope for seeing some changes any time soon.
    Based God.

Last picture is a quad splitscreen from a new Engie multi-screen interface?

The water and Tir look great (heads look good too though I'm not sure about embedded clock faces... embedded something is consistent and cyberpunky). I recommended adding a bit of kludge to the depths of the water to lend perspective/authenticity - maybe some mold along edges, maybe a few corpses of people/animals, crumpled cans. And fish! Bring back the nasty little fish. I still flinch when I fall into the Tir canals and that's as it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbapappan View Post
    The last picture should have a caption on it. "THIS is my boomstick!!"
    ash > duke
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

that bridge in tir looks a little dangerous, could fall off of it easily. think of the children... maybe put the little bridge from the space apartments in adobe resourcewhore cs 3 and make it bigger, then replace that one.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

last pic, down right is en HEV/HP-Charger from half life 2
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

No in all seriousness, wth is that. After 4 years I'd have expected more. Honestly I'm a tad disappointed about that screenshot, it seems like it's a halfway-done screenie. Which means we still have four years ahead of us...

Second one looks better but as said, WTB reflections.

Sigh another worthless FWOM with no progress in sight. I'm pretty sure those Tir shots were taken many months ago. I'm pretty sure Funcom has pulled everyone but Means and Kintaii off AO to work on the Secret World.

Quote Originally Posted by Arguru View Post

No in all seriousness, wth is that. After 4 years I'd have expected more. Honestly I'm a tad disappointed about that screenshot, it seems like it's a halfway-done screenie. Which means we still have four years ahead of us...

Second one looks better but as said, WTB reflections.
    That glitch where the water level suddenly tapers has always been in tir. Infact you can see it now and if you check the old video of the "proposed" engine update released years ago before Means was Head Honcho even in that video with its flashy water you can still see that weird taper.

infact:

click Here!

If you fast forward to 0:34 you can see it.

In all honest I like the reflections but I think the water needs to be more transparent and not look like the water from the Gulf of Mexico. You would think 30,000 years in the future we found a way to cure murky/dirty water :P

--ani

Feels increadibly common that friday with Means starts with "Means is not here" and ends with roughly the same screenshots of Tir that has been shown for years now.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Wow, tough crowd....
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Animaly View Post
    That glitch where the water level suddenly tapers has always been in tir. Infact you can see it now and if you check the old video of the "proposed" engine update released years ago before Means was Head Honcho even in that video with its flashy water you can still see that weird taper.

infact:

click Here!

If you fast forward to 0:34 you can see it.

In all honest I like the reflections but I think the water needs to be more transparent and not look like the water from the Gulf of Mexico. You would think 30,000 years in the future we found a way to cure murky/dirty water :P

--ani
    I agree, i hope the water will be more like in the video, and not like in the screenshot :/ the screenie water reminds me of portal 2 blue goo xD
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Tir looks beautiful there .

Shades and water looks nice, buildings are nice, seems you can move forward in time to get different skies... and all seems to play well together... it does look (if no hacking was used) like the engine is well integrated now and what is left to work on is the art? Am I right or we aren't there yet?

Should probably try and find a way to have players work on the mobs, because it looks like you won't have time for them. Publish a format/requirements, so we can dish them out? Lots of players are very able and would enjoy being able to say: I made the conversion of this mob. Dunno about the format you use, but guess you could import from a blender file?

Did you resolve the shard/chunk/whatever size problem (bigger in ao)?

Think you should move on to the capital of the planet now... we're tired of images of those peasant cities . Joking... not tired at looking at the dumps .
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by schloops View Post
    Think you should move on to the capital of the planet now... we're tired of images of those peasant cities . Joking... not tired at looking at the dumps .
    I agree, let's work on Old Athens now
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast