Thread: New Missions don't work ...

Graffitti Missions don't work ... Well I guess they are just VERY Frustrating

Foreman's Graffiti

Our client wishes to eradicate some of the Omni-Tek Propaganda outside of the Foremman's Office in The Longest Road. You're commissioned to locate and adjust three signs promoting the Omni-Tek, and leave your own message. Beware, your action might lead to political consequences.

Got this one with lvl 52 mp ...

The Nano Spray does not activate, I can't target any omni signs, and there are only 2 signs in the first place ...

I suppose this is why we need 4 hr maintenance?

edit: I can't target either of the 2 omni billboards ... searched again and there are no 'omni propaganda' items to target, only one 'clan propaganda' near the entrance.

Colrain
    Last edited by Colrain; Oct 10th, 2011 at 17:14:45. Reason: they do work afterall, at least after 2nd patch

Well I tried again after the patch and this mission still does not work ...

Now the one omni billboard that is free-standing can be tagged as 'clan propaganda' ... but the nano spray still don't work. It seemed to erase some 'red' omni writing on the omni sign, but no mission update and no 'new' writing.

The omni sign on the wall still can not be tagged ...
    ..... Edit: I found one small spot on the omni sign attached to the wall where it does register as 'clan' propaganda ...

No other Omni signs or graffiti anywhere ...
    ..... Edit: yes, no other Omni signs, but there is a 'fixture' at entrance that registers as 'clan' propaganda

So, there are 3 signs afterall ...

I was able to complete the mission,

I suggest doing the sign right outside Foreman entrance first so you are somewhere else when you get flagged for doing the third sign ...

Colrain
    Last edited by Colrain; Oct 6th, 2011 at 20:05:57. Reason: figured it out

Funcom employee

Unfortunately we discovered the issue with these missions a bit late in the process, and weren't able to address it in the hotfix we pushed out today - These should be fixed in the incoming Halloween update, though. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

The clan version just don't update at all.
    You get flagged, can target the omni propaganda, spray them... but no update...

Edit: Nm... got the grafitti artist buffs 2 times... I guess it's just a placard missing...

So instead of getting a daily I won't do (Bar run), I'll get a daily I can't run...
    Last edited by Maofex; Oct 6th, 2011 at 21:11:02.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

There are 3 'signs' ... two billboards and one 'chunk of concrete' with an omni emblem near the entrance to zone ...

Colrain

Oki, didn't see that concrete block, got it now.
    Thanks for pointing that out.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

What about the 2HO Graffitti mission. I found the 2 Omin-Tek signs and the sign on the congrete wall, but no mission updates when tagging. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeio View Post
    What about the 2HO Graffitti mission. I found the 2 Omin-Tek signs and the sign on the congrete wall, but no mission updates when tagging. What am I missing?
    You need to 'target' the sign/billboard in a spot that registers as 'propaganda' for it to work. Try a corner or the 'feet' of the billboard ...

The mouse arrow will have a 'blue' center instead of open center. Then while 'targetted' shift-click your nano-spray. If it worked you will see graffitti added to the sign. There may be a time limit between signs, don't know for sure. I did not get an update until the 3rd one was successful.

Colrain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeio View Post
    Which sign is it on the concrete wall? I've been running around 2HO for a while now and can't seem to click any of those, including the few on the East wall.

Edit: Nvm, found it.
    Last edited by Johnnykay; Oct 9th, 2011 at 14:55:43.

The concrete wall is to the right as you are exiting the city, but that is not the sign you need to tag. The 3 signs are: end of a row of buildings, sign by the 3 grid stream adds, and outside one of the OT signs to the left as you are entering the city. There will be a LOT of guards near here. An org mate helped me find the last sign.

Must only be the clan version that isn't working. I did the Omni version covering propaganda in 4 Holes and didn't have any problems with it. Pick up the nano spray and right click on the sign and tada. The second one wasn't exactly obvious as being propaganda until after I tried the spray on it and it blacked out words and made it say something else.

But yeah.. the Omni version at Argentum worked perfectly. Have to get all 3 done within 5 minutes (I think it was) or you have to go back to the first one and do it again since each one places a Graffiti Artist nano in your NCU and you have to have it running 3 times at once to update the mission.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

I probably should have mentioned in original post ... I was a neutral toon, doing a Clan Agency mission.

From what I have gathered since helpping friends with the various graffitti mission locations (Mort, 4 Holes, Foremans, 2HO, others?) ... for neutrals it did not seem to matter which signs we sprayed graffitti on, but it does matter for clan/omni folks. I have not tested this as I have not pulled the 4 Holes mission myself so far, but in 4 Holes I was finding Clan and Omni Propaganda signs when hunting there while helpping a friend.

At a minimum ... these Graffitti Dailies do work, but may be frustrating as the signs are hard to find and the local guards are chasing you the whole time for some locations.

Colrain

quest figured

i got this one figured. Tag the one outside the gates first, then the one by the whompa then the one inside the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvana View Post
    Must only be the clan version that isn't working. I did the Omni version covering propaganda in 4 Holes and didn't have any problems with it. Pick up the nano spray and right click on the sign and tada. The second one wasn't exactly obvious as being propaganda until after I tried the spray on it and it blacked out words and made it say something else.

But yeah.. the Omni version at Argentum worked perfectly. Have to get all 3 done within 5 minutes (I think it was) or you have to go back to the first one and do it again since each one places a Graffiti Artist nano in your NCU and you have to have it running 3 times at once to update the mission.
    I pulled this from OA as a 216 neut for 4 holes - thank goodness I didn't have a 5m timer or I'd never have managed it. Especially w/the gankers. I was not able to tag clan signs for credit, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvana View Post

I try to find out how the clan version in 4 Holes works. Up to now I've found only one Omni sign to tag. The nanospray doesn't work on the clan propaganda signs.

Update: I found all signs, made screenshots and will update AOU soon. :-)
    Last edited by alfora; Oct 28th, 2011 at 17:28:26. Reason: quest solved
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P