Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: You or your allies can not be in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcypher View Post
    So basically, I can't heal, because someone 16 zones away from me is attacked by a rollerrat? What does *another player* have to do with *my* ability to heal *myself*? Nosensemake and a needless addition. If the new stims heal a TON more so I need to sit down less, I'm all for that, however... But haven't gotten the chance to try them out yet.

You can just leave/rejoin team after using a kit.

Enter a mission with a full team, tell the doc to drop team, profit. Basically.
    It was already said that would be fixed.

How does your last sentence work, though "hi doc, want to team?" "sure" "ok" "hey, why did you kick me?" "well you can't heal without nano and you can't get nano if you're in our team" "but i won't get any xp then!" "yea, tough, we can't possibly be expected to wait 1 second between fights or consider anything, anything at all, but our xp gain"
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I'm quite sure the last sentence was irony.

If possible I would like the check if a team member is in fight be distance based not playflied based. If a teammember is outside of 150, 300, insert-number-here meters he's not accounted for the in combat check.
    Not quite sure if complex checks can be made for the "executing requirements", but it should be the desired solution.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    It was already said that would be fixed.

How does your last sentence work, though "hi doc, want to team?" "sure" "ok" "hey, why did you kick me?" "well you can't heal without nano and you can't get nano if you're in our team" "but i won't get any xp then!" "yea, tough, we can't possibly be expected to wait 1 second between fights or consider anything, anything at all, but our xp gain"
    You'll have to excuse me, but whenever I hear the word "fixed" I jump to the worst conclusions, sort of like the "you can't heal when team mates fight" flag being extended for such an incredibly long time that it's just not worth leaving the team to use a kit, or adding a "You have recently left a team and are unable to use this item."-message.

Means quote tells me it isn't exactly fixed... The issue has just been relocated. It still makes no sense why I shouldn't be able to use a kit on myself in a mission playfield when I'm personally out of combat. See, you're right about the XP, but honestly, if it is situationally better for me to drop team to use a kit, I will.

I'll lose some xp for it, sure, but I'd rather prevent some deaths (or my own). If anything, it only leads to workarounds such as this, where none was needed - what's the thought process behind why we shouldn't be able to heal like before?

When doing RK-missions without doctors present, I notice a lot of people hide and use kits, or use kits when they don't have aggro. And when there *are* docs present... Well, they run out of the room when they're out of nano, or sit down for a split sec to kit. Ofcourse, if the "battle-prepared" kits are improved as well to give a decent amount of hp/nano, then there's no issue.

Edit: Actually, while writing this, I realize that you're kinda *not* supposed to use them in combat, since we *do* have "battle prepared" ones... But currently that's what the non bprepared ones are used for.

Still, if that's the issue that would be solved, it kinda didn't work since you can still work your way around it to achieve a similar effect.
    Last edited by Dreamcypher; Oct 18th, 2011 at 18:51:19.
    Just log your 220.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I just want to say that I've been in that team. Multiple times. *grin* However, I didn't get kicked - they found themselves suddenly docless w/multiple hecks. As far as I'm concerned that should have been a learning experience for them that you need to be watching the nano of your doc (and your tank).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567