Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: You or your allies can not be in combat.

^That almost sounds ... intentional to me.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    The reason why the new rechargers have the allied characters not in combat check is because it will completely regain your full health and nano within 20 seconds, it also removes most debuffs affecting you. this is way too powerful to use in combat.
    Now THAT makes alot more sense. This information should have been made more apparent, and also given the out-of-combat req the old packs should not have been removed from the shops so quickly.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    This is correct - To use the new kits you, your pets, and your team must be entirely out of combat.
    How stupid is that?
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    This information should have been made more apparent, and also given the out-of-combat req the old packs should not have been removed from the shops so quickly.
    I agree with this completely. I'm still not clear on why the old ones had to come out of the shops if they're still available through missions, etc. Clearly they have different uses. I'm one of the people that doesn't care for the new stims/heals at all but at the very least you should have made it clear for people that have low level docs, pet profs, traders that *everyone* has to be out of combat.

Let me make sure I understand this. If my team is killing oh...chill spiders and I die back to the garden I have to make them stop killing things so that I can regain my nano/health unless I happen to have run missions for old school kits? At least on RK I could use the treatment clinic I guess. Unless I'm missing something this doesn't seem well thought out at all.

Okay, org and I did some rough testing. You cannot heal in SL garden with these if your teammates are in combat in SL. You can use them if one of you is in an RK mission. You appear to be able to use them if you and your teammates are in different SL zones of the same island (Archbile and P7), which makes the not healing in the garden an extra helping of stupid.
    Last edited by Lyrajayne; Oct 7th, 2011 at 04:13:15. Reason: testing results

...Yeah, some issues with these, though still thrilled at not having to swap out 8 items just 'caused I zoned though.
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

This doesn't seem to be very well thought through. On many levels.

I guess I'll add my name to the list of extremely disappointed people.

This was not thought out properly.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

I am in very much agreement, this was a very poorly thought out decision, Especially on the part of not telling us this. What happened to the in-depth communication with the playerbase that was so very present with past changes? Very poor.

Now, Since what has been done is not likely to be reverted, maybe a solution? Return the ability for combat use(sans individual use, Ofcourse), But attach a penalty of the kits healing only a fraction of the normal amount due to combat?

I don't care for much of this change either. I like the full heal of the new stims and the teaming issue is easily worked around by temp-leaving team. /care.

However the communication on the combat issue, well frankly, sucks hard. I was under the impression I could still just heal as normal while my teammates were fighting ****. So I bought a 5k stack of the new kits and deleted my old 20k stack of health/nano labs. Great job, because I now want them back.

[Pet]: Your petition (I've deleted my old RK kits an...) has been received. Before your petition will be entered into the queue you must read a FAQ article and rate it using the links in the article!
    Your petition is now in the queue and will be answered shortly

I woudl guess I'm not the only one who has done this. Content designers, go check your paycheck. Yes it's probably higher than that of a Support GM but still look at it. That's money. Money Funcom is also spending on Support GM's, who will now have to answer an asscrapload of petitions about this.

And I'm probably just stating the obvious here because I'm guessing the Support team has already thanked the content designers very kindly. But at least I can just quote myself in any next FWM that's about having too little money.

Just relax. Its only a matter of time before the old kits pops up in the ingame store..

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy View Post
    Just relax. Its only a matter of time before the old kits pops up in the ingame store..
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy View Post
    Brilliant! -Cracks open a Guinness-

It's obvious that old kits and new kits have different purpose.

=> put old kits back in the shops

all good !
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    The reason why the new rechargers have the allied characters not in combat check is because it will completely regain your full health and nano within 20 seconds, it also removes most debuffs affecting you. this is way too powerful to use in combat.
    Solution is very very easy. If someone is in combat function as a normal pack healing the said amount, if noone is in combat do the whole complete heal, debuff removal etc.

Not very hard to implement I should think.

Oh yeah.. and i want all the packs i removed with the old healing items back.....
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

what annoys me is that this "completely out of combat" requirement wasn't clearly communicated at all anywhere. I'm all for different choices and playstyles but when it has such a big impact, at least either communicate it far in advance or present viable alternative choices. Yes, I know you've said that the old items still drop, but not in a viable way for characters to accumulate the amounts they need/want.

Solution: put the old items back in shops as per before so people have the choice, rather than have this forced upon them right now.

Also, I'm not sure how these new kits are supposed to help newbies make money as hinted to by Kintaii in another thread....
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Change, something AO community doesn't like to swallow.

New kits are awsome, make them check only your zone and its fixed.
    Battle-prepared kits are there for battle, HQ labs are for rebuffing, after fight healing.

I can see pet professions getting hit hard by this, specialy engineers who rely heavily on First Aid, Treatment at lower levels.

I kinda thought the main reasons to these new kits was to reduce the amount of "inventory clutter" by combining old heal+nano kits from both RK and SL, and to boost them some to the current levels of HP and nanopool. But the whole team out of combat requirement is just too much. Good I didn't get rid of most of my old ones, since those seem to be needed on some of my profs a lot still. I had no idea of the combat reqs from the forums or patch notes...
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Oh no, pvm content got a little bit harder. Woe to us. Most other games do not even support the kind of healing items AO has, nor can you use recharge items while in combat, only lowly healing potions.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Oh no, pvm content got a little bit harder. Woe to us. Most other games do not even support the kind of healing items AO has, nor can you use recharge items while in combat, only lowly healing potions.
    It's not that.

1)FC decided to rewamp healing kits/stim
    2) FC put something completly OP (full HP/NP all debuff removed, kinda insta)
    3) FC realised that in a fight 2 vs 1, or in PvM, it would be really too OP
    4) instead of lowering the OPness, FC added a req that all your team must be out of combat

up to here... ok ..

5) No warning/ info about this req... so several people a pissed to have deleted their stack of former kits and spend quite some creds on kits that are usefull, but the old kits are still mandatory.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I'm wondering why people deleted the old ones when we knew that you could tradeskill the old ones into new ones. I went out and bought thousands of the old ones to do that and save money, since apparently there was going to be some way to do that without spending loads of money, ref. kintaii in the 18.4 patchforum thread about this change.
    And there's nothing to be pissed about really, since we were informed in this thread that the old ones are gonna see the same change to requirements for use.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast