Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: You or your allies can not be in combat.

Except the TS part needed to upgrade old kits cost almost the same than new kits ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

More, apparently. But seeing as how newbies are supposed to be able to make money from doing it, I figure there must be some way to make it cheaper than it is from buying it. Just seems noone's found out how yet. I can wait. And if there isn't? Well, I only spent a couple of million on those kits and stims. Nothing to lose any sleep over.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

So what about heck and tiig teams and every other similar low-mid range leveling content? One member dies but can't regain health for the return journey.

To whom this does no difference are OST teams, kiters and soloers.

I don't understand why these got implemented. The new meds are too powerful so they need to be nerfed in a stupid way like this. I can find no positive in this change.

Sorry to be so negative.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Make these only work self and fix the "team member not in combat" please.
    ~ proud General of Newcomers Alliance ~

Here's a thread on the topic that's already got everything. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...=593600&page=7
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

This should be done some other way. You can evade this behavior by temporary leaving team. So I don't see any use except annoyance right now.

Restriction should be like:

not in any mob's hate list 40m range
    not (25% zone and enemy player in 40m range)
    not (75% zone and flagged)

or

no one in fight 40m range (but what about NT vs NT)

This would need some codding. So I'm looking forward FC fix.
    Dragocz RK1

Ill be sticking to my old kits thank you very much. the stims seem fine i have no quarrel with them but the Packs were implemented badly just as i suspected.

1 easy way to solve this problem:

Put old kits back in shops.

/fixed.

ps im not farming them in missions, unless theres a boost in droprate or a higher stack amount per drop.

i guess people will start farming monster parts and notum pellets.
    Last edited by Nac714; Oct 7th, 2011 at 10:20:22.
    RK2:

Fireal - 220/21 Solitus Soldier
    Aspairus - 220/18 Opifex Fixer
    Zomgdead - 220/13 Solitus Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Here's a thread on the topic that's already got everything. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...=593600&page=7
    I've been following that thread for the past few weeks, and I may have missed something amongst all the posts and off-topic posts, but I don't recall anytime it being mentioned that the new kits couldn't be used if you, your pet, any member of your team in any zone had any type of agg, which is what this particular thread is about.

It was just assumed that the behaviour of the kits(with regards to agg) would stay the same as the ones they would replace as there was no mention in the patch notes that implied that would change in any way. And I think that is my main gripe with this is that it wasn't communicated very well(if at all). Best place to have put this is in the patch notes so that everyone could see it when they skimmed the patch notes to see if anything would affect them, so they could prepare for it.

I'm not even sure if it was mentioned in any forum threads about the change to agg to the use of the new kits, but if it was, mentioning it in that aforementioned thread or any others where I had to dig through pages of posts to find the info isn't a good place to put it in terms of disclosure to the general playerbase, as the only people who would have got wind of it are the usual forum jockeys.

And funnily enough, yes the two main chars I play are my engi and crat, both pet professions where I actively use agg management between my pets and me as a strategy when I'm soloing.
    Last edited by cybertron; Oct 7th, 2011 at 11:20:36.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

I can CH (completely heal) myself with a single sit kit after a fight. Heal stims actualy heal effectively now.

It is practically cheating to be able to use out-of-combat sit kits while you or a teammate is still engaged in combat.

It is definately unfair when you can sit down and remove debuffs in pvp because your team size is too large for a smaller and generally weaker group to maintain aggro on everyone.

Changes that make sense seem better than complaints about things almost no one even cared about using two days ago.

Add me to the disappointed list.
    Yes, the new kits are great - but 1) I was hoping to actually save inventory room and not have to cart around old kits also (which appears to still be necessary) and 2) PLEASE re-add the old kits to shops, as it appears we'll still need them after all.

I usually buy my kits in stacks of several thousand, this means grinding RK missions for weeks just to supply myself with a reasonable stack of formerly shop-buyable items.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    It is practically cheating to be able to use out-of-combat sit kits while you or a teammate is still engaged in combat
    I would honestly disagree to that: sitting in combat and healing while others fight is already addressed with sit-aggro. Many times i have jumped up in the hatelist of a mob when i was sitting down to heal up/nano up.
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Old kits will lose the ability to be used in combat. You won't have to cart them around.
    The Red Brotherhood

The removal of easily obtainable old style kits (farming missions for days to have a stack you blow through in hours is not 'easily obtainable') and a massive change in how pet users will have to play. No one in the dev team thought anyone would notice enough to mention?

Seriously?
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

Old kits will lose the ability to be used in combat. You won't have to cart them around.
    Even worse

Guess I'll just delete my lowbie doc, since it is next to impossible to keep up with the nano cost. Old chargers at least let me do some quick nano charging even when team were going ahead, or just not even having pause from agro at some situations...
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

so.
    New packs can't be used if anyone in team is fighting.
    Battleprepared can't be used in SL
    Old packs can't be used in SL
    Coils are removed from shops

How exactly did you think healing in SL was going to work?
    Prayer?
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

You can still loot regular SL coils from chest in statics / mish

and they pop quite often in chests.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    You can still loot regular SL coils from chest in statics / mish

and they pop quite often in chests.
    and anything that would REQUIRE me to do that is poor design. plain and simple.

Especially when it's as easy as making the hp/np healing function as long as you don't have agg (same as now), and making the rest (full hp, debuff removal) function only when noone is fighting.. win-win all the way.
    Last edited by Delerium; Oct 7th, 2011 at 13:37:19.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium View Post

Especially when it's as easy as making the hp/np healing function as long as you don't have agg (same as now), and making the rest (full hp, debuff removal) function only when noone is fighting.. win-win all the way.
    I like this idea.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium View Post

Yeah, that would be a good compromise until the other changes (i.e., all the other balance stuff) is in. And if the whole team-mates-in-another-zone thing can be sorted...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast