Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: You or your allies can not be in combat.

What will happen with the "Battle prepaired" kits?
    Will they stay ingame? Or will they disappear too?

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    Does this mean that "all nano and hp regain through stims/kits while a pet or teammate is in combat" will be removed?
    (I suppose stims will still be able to do that right?)
    Seems pretty clear to me that "Out of combat healing in combat" refers to being able to use out-of-combat labs while others in your team are fighting. Since stims are meant to be usable while under attack it's unlikely that will change.

My biggest complaint with this whole thing isn't the fact that there is a change but moreso that once again Funcom completely failed to communicate something so major to us.

Change is bound to happen in a MMO but when you change the entire dynamic of the way healing is to work in a game that is over 10 years old... well I'd think you'd give the community some sort of heads up. Instead, we found out by trial and error when these new heal packs were released... I personally think that's just rude and poor customer communication.

Similarly to the fact that the Ancient Novictum Refiners were just magically turned NODROP in this patch without any warning. Not a major deal (unless you'd loaned your quest item to a friend or alt) but still... extremely rude in terms of lack of communication to the community.

The way things sit now.. with the old sit-down kits still being in game it gave the immediate impression that Funcom's view was "hey, you can do RK/SL missions to get the old sit-down kits that you will still need to use". I've heard/seen some indication that the old kits will change but not clear on when that change is slated to take place.. is that a "next patch" change or is that a "when the rebalance comes" change?

I honestly believe that Funcom needs to start its own thread and clearly detail the plans for healing in this game because people aren't overreacting.. they're confused and concerned.. and not a whole lot of feedback has been provided to us to clear up the confusion or address the concerns.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Similarly to the fact that the Ancient Novictum Refiners were just magically turned NODROP in this patch without any warning. Not a major deal (unless you'd loaned your quest item to a friend or alt) but still... extremely rude in terms of lack of communication to the community. .
    OMFG I gave mine to a alt of mine, now I wont be able to get it back on my MP Thanks FC

Quote Originally Posted by wkdboi2 View Post
    OMFG I gave mine to a alt of mine, now I wont be able to get it back on my MP Thanks FC
    This didn't hurt me this time but I do agree: Please put these kind of things in preliminary patch notes.
    Last edited by Berim; Oct 9th, 2011 at 23:13:47.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

My biggest complaint with this whole thing isn't the fact that there is a change but moreso that once again Funcom completely failed to communicate something so major to us.

Change is bound to happen in a MMO but when you change the entire dynamic of the way healing is to work in a game that is over 10 years old... well I'd think you'd give the community some sort of heads up. Instead, we found out by trial and error when these new heal packs were released... I personally think that's just rude and poor customer communication.

Similarly to the fact that the Ancient Novictum Refiners were just magically turned NODROP in this patch without any warning. Not a major deal (unless you'd loaned your quest item to a friend or alt) but still... extremely rude in terms of lack of communication to the community.

The way things sit now.. with the old sit-down kits still being in game it gave the immediate impression that Funcom's view was "hey, you can do RK/SL missions to get the old sit-down kits that you will still need to use". I've heard/seen some indication that the old kits will change but not clear on when that change is slated to take place.. is that a "next patch" change or is that a "when the rebalance comes" change?

I honestly believe that Funcom needs to start its own thread and clearly detail the plans for healing in this game because people aren't overreacting.. they're confused and concerned.. and not a whole lot of feedback has been provided to us to clear up the confusion or address the concerns.
    Have to agree.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Completely agreed, Jill. If this is the kind of (lack of) communication we're in for with the rest of the rebalance, I'm not expecting it to turn out well.

err... oops. Guess I need to get a bunch new refiners because they're on lvl 1 toons now, durr.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Completely agree.

And aaargh on the novictum refiners - orgmate went to return the one for my trader this morning and oops.

+1 for another one affected by this ninja change on the refiners!!! I put my refiner on my level 1 bank toons who hold all my pb parts, and when I TS the pbs themselves with the novictum, I pass the refiner along.... now, its just stuck there on my bank toons...thanks very much.

OR...sometimes I TS the PB on my froob TS trader...if you had told me this beforehand, I would have left a refiner on him so he can continue to do that. I'm assuming that the only way to get one now is from mish in SL?? Great, cos he can't get there....

Good job, FC!
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Every month I have to weigh keeping the accounts open. So at this point. FC you need to pull head out of the BS world you stuck it. If re-balance is going to bring more of these "oh by the way" changes you really think us vets are going to stay put?

Still to pissed about this lack of communication on the new kits to form a good post. But lets try:

example 1: Player is at tiigs in Ely and dies. In the garden he wants to heal up and rebuff the basics before going back to rejoin team. Player cannot as well their team is in another zone and in combat. Player ask for them to stop fighting so they can heal/nano up. Player sees "Kicked from team...". I can see this also happening at Ado west side hecks were you know you have to travel clear across the map to get there and not being full up can and usually does result in death. Choice is to use stims to heal/nano up which greatly increases the cost of death.

Or maybe in Alpa when you die back to pen garden and can't get healed up enough to make it back to the enterance?

Or Ado again trying to get back to say DR after death and team is still inside and fighting.

And boy can I see this team must be out of aggro to use being the death to teaming in the BS. I mean who cannot see this being used as tactical advantage. One person targets shoots then run off and hides. Now their constant aggro will keep the team from healing/nano up. Their only choice is to break team. Yep Agents have a new role. Get agg on other side team and hide.

Oh lets add IS and TOTW to places that you general die and heal up before going back in while your team keeps fighting. Foreman's is yet another place.

OK now just really pissed off again. This is the most half baked idea I have seen since oh the -000 guns. And it is beginning to feel like the the 12.x days where we just log in and crap was removed from the game with no warning. That is not a feeling I like. It did not work for Gaute in the long run and that dog will not hunt for Means and team either.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

¬¬ Wait a whole minute.... Ancient Novictum Refiner is nodrop now? Dear God....

P.s.: Not being able to use kits when you are in a completely diferent zone from your team is...... a so freaking "smart" idea.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

change to players in vincinity must not be in fight
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

The one(s) responsible for this change should make a froob doc and pop up at the next big froob raid to be part of the CH chain casting business. At yesterday's Merc raid the high TL4 doc was constantly sitting down to recharge nano. Due to my setup and higher level I could "slack" on that and maybe can do that with just high QL stims, which are really too cheap (note: I'm being sarcastic here). And that assumes some NT is around for IOR/PNH; without that things look really grim. Should we pool tons of people around docs now just for stimming business? *starts wondering*

Same goes for lowbies (as it has been mentioned already): Ever tried to play doc in ToTW, for example? A fight against the big trio? AO is a little bit more complex and diverse than having 220/30s with their hopelessly overpowered gear running around. In terms of game design this is another move even more towards soloing. Intentional?

On a sidenote: Dailies were a devastating hit to froob team missions ('borgs go up to mid TL4, about, beyond that it's a dead end in terms of teaming), so don't think they get all the old chargers/kits on the way up. They have to explicitely farm these old rechargers/stims now like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sferyl View Post
    In terms of game design this is another move even more towards soloing. Intentional?
    Seeing as how the only way to beat less healing is either more damage or more crowdcontrol, I don't see how it's a move towards soloing. Unless you figure that people from now on will ignore any content that can no longer be soloed and solo some more away from ToTW, s10, etc....
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Seeing as how the only way to beat less healing is either more damage or more crowdcontrol, I don't see how it's a move towards soloing. Unless you figure that people from now on will ignore any content that can no longer be soloed and solo some more away from ToTW, s10, etc....
    If you are on your own, you will be in fight until everything is done, anyway. The new stims, aside of being pricey, are much more powerful than the old ones for the same FA req. Secondly, the new rechargers get you much faster back on track. That means these new things make soloers even more happy campers than they used to be.

Now, if we look at teams, the new stims are helping them, too, but with the new way of how the rechargers work, certain aspects got much more difficult. What happens if you strengthen solo play and throw more stones at those teaming up? That also means places where you have to team (mostly) to get anywhere are toughened up, unless the fights are short term with possible breaks in between where everyone can charge up.

And beating less healing ... more crowdcontrol? No, shifts (partially) the recharging problem; more damage? Ask a soloer about that one ...

That's why this change is (intentional or not) another push towards solo play in most terms, and things where it got more difficult may require a bigger headcount (again?) to compensate that. I'm not that sure if this was the idea behind this change; if that is part of the rebalance, then I wonder why it got added now and not when everything else is changed, too.
    Last edited by Sferyl; Oct 10th, 2011 at 09:44:43.

How does more damage and crowdcontrol not beat problems with healing? dmg makes the fight end sooner, and crowdcontrol makes it happen on your premises.

But, that still doesn't take away from the fact that teaming is still the most powerful way to level, and gain access to stuff. So like I said, unless people stop caring about the stuff, and stop leveling in teams then there'll be no less teaming than before. And somehow I find it hard to believe that pvm has become so much more difficult compared to pre-SL when we had pretty much the same premises as now, and the encounters are pretty much the same as back then. Only now, everyone who's not a froob has much greater damage output and survivability. And well, even froobs have the potential for higher damageoutput than back then, as well as having more healing now.

Also, you seem to forget that in-combat sit-down kits do exist. They're just less powerful than regular kits.
    The Red Brotherhood

So how do we get refiners as the scheol quest is one time per toon? I'm now working out how the hell im going to get one on my MP

Quote Originally Posted by wkdboi2 View Post
    So how do we get refiners as the scheol quest is one time per toon? I'm now working out how the hell im going to get one on my MP
    buy it from Yuttos Tools for like 10m
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Since the old kits can still be TS'd there's going to be a lot of shouts for high pharm skills and selling of double-dosed blood plasmas/bits of notum. These new kits are a double-pronged money sink: expensive new kits and inflated prices for parts to make old kits.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast