Thread: Old Beit Bones (Scheol Quest)

Old Beit Bones (Scheol Quest)

Since this patch, Old Beit Bones, in the "find item" part of the quest, have gone from looking like your typical find item cube, to having the appearance of a SL treasure chest.

Is this intended? Because it makes it hard as heck to find, if you're not a compulsive chest looter.

I was just about to petition it when I went to loot the last chest in the mission, and found that I could "pick up" the chest instead - and lo and behold, the "chest" was actually the bones.

It wasn't under the chest, or behind the chest, or in the chest, it WAS the chest. And unless item cubes have suddenly gotten the ability to FP chests to avoid detection, it seems like a bug.

Screenie:
    http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/3695/scrn03052.jpg

Man thanks for the heads up. I was going to do this quest soon and I'm sure I would have been stuck for hours on that.
    Rosss / Rawdeal

My AO YouTube vids

The Red Brotherhood My home and family!

When you find your bones, let me know what they looked like? I'm curious if this was a one-off bug and I got unlucky, or an actual change in the mission.

i had the same thing happen. it was my first time doing the quest. Ran around for about 20min before I started looting chests for fun and found one was the bones.

Just did the Pen quest, and when you need to loot the urn in that quest it still looks the same.

The missions for the Xan Staff and the Spun Pygmanus Platter still have their items looking normal (box with a question mark).

So why are the beit bones alone changed? It's only going to mean a lot of petitions from frustrated players who can't complete their quests.

I doubt they'd change them into boxes. Smells like a bug to me.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

I guess this is a difference in play style. Some players check out everything and others don't. The item is there and players ignore it because it's not the same as it ever was.
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

did scheol a few days ago, was chest here to...

Yep, a chest.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

THANK YOU!!!! I spent two hours today on this before I read it
    Souljah29, 220/70 Soldier- President of Hunters RK1
    Funkyka 220/70 MA, General
    Proud former Asgard/Mindvision