Thread: General PvP ballance

General PvP ballance

just 2 cents on this, w/e ballance gonna bring:

Professions that got any kind of selheal got too much offense (advys even got too much defense)

Professions that got only dmg to take people out, lack defensive tools

nm what too i play, it allways feels the same..

docs with AS and Malpractice

Advies with everything lol

Agents with CH (oh well, leave em alone, taking down people isnt easy with a 2002 nano as defense)

and so on and so on
    Pheddex 220/30/70 trox agent equip

Pheddy 220/30/70 soli crat equip

Pheddette 164/19/42 opi trader equip

Lavidaloco 150/17/30 opi agent equip

Tinytall 200/25/70 opi advy equip

This is an incomplete account.

For example, there are very few profs who "only" have damage to take people out.

In fact, I'd say that there are only 4: Advy, soldier (vs everyone except agent with OFitG and FoM), NT, and shade... BUT shade also has some drains to nano and stuns which are definitly helpful to kills.

Clearly though, shades, NT's, advies and soldiers all have solid defensive tools.

So, hard to agree on this.

As for self healing profs, I am not sure why you say they have too much offense. Docs, advies, MA's, Keepers, enfs, traders, shades all fit into this category, and, while some of them have extra-ordinary healing skills, I don't necessarily agree that they have to much offense.

I think the main problem with doc's is that their main heal (BI) is just way over the top OP'd.

Advies the problem is that their peripheral toolset is just out of this world OP'd when combined with the relative healing and ease of operations with practically perfectly overlapping defences.

MA's could be a problem, but aren't really, since their offense is simply dwarfed by the offense of other profs who never should have been allowed such offensive capability in the first place... the other problem with MA's is that they require so many compromises for defence that they never really get the level of offense required to be a threat.

Keepers again are under-represented in terms of power especially with regards to offensive capability and therefore their "threat factor" is nearly zero- which basically means their defence is negligible in terms of OP'dness because if they can't kill you, who the hell cares... run away and choose another target.

Enfs, on the other hand, have so much insane offense, that, while their defence is roughly OP'd compared to many other classes they got so much offence that most other players only really engage the hate on that aspect.

Shades need to perk people to heal, so in most cases that is roughly balanced.

Traders heals aren't THAT great so I don't think they are OP'd.

Imo, you need to refine your argument.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Oct 10th, 2011 at 04:16:01.

its up to peolple to refine. i just dont wanna have a wall of text.

ofc your arguments are valid, but im sure, other points are as well. so give FC some thoughts people!

Heals should be emergency tools, not spammable tools. That also makes it so that high damage mitigation tank professions are actually needed as tanks, not anyone with enough health to survive one hit (everyone) from a mob with negative initiatives. PVP is just as bad, one player should not be able to survive five players because one or two healers are spamming CH's/BI's on them.

The 3 most annoying professiona tm thatn where just pushed thgh the roof atm are enfs, docs and advies anyways.

Enfs with chainstuns, stupidly high alphapower, NR, Runspeed, HP and high AAD = retarded
    Advies: i dont have to comment it do i?
    Docs: a profession almost noone can kill alone with way too high offensive power for my taste.
    Eiter docs get offense, should come with a tradeoff in defense and vice versa

I dont see any ballance at all in thoose professions...

The last thing docs need is less offense.

The problem is with the ability to spam powerful heals forever, and - guess what - that's being nerfed in the rebalance, if it ever comes out.
    Last edited by drainbamage; Oct 11th, 2011 at 14:25:36.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    This is an incomplete account.

For example, there are very few profs who "only" have damage to take people out.

In fact, I'd say that there are only 4: Advy, soldier (vs everyone except agent with OFitG and FoM), NT, and shade... BUT shade also has some drains to nano and stuns which are definitly helpful to kills.

Clearly though, shades, NT's, advies and soldiers all have solid defensive tools.

So, hard to agree on this.

As for self healing profs, I am not sure why you say they have too much offense. Docs, advies, MA's, Keepers, enfs, traders, shades all fit into this category, and, while some of them have extra-ordinary healing skills, I don't necessarily agree that they have to much offense.

I think the main problem with doc's is that their main heal (BI) is just way over the top OP'd.

Advies the problem is that their peripheral toolset is just out of this world OP'd when combined with the relative healing and ease of operations with practically perfectly overlapping defences.

MA's could be a problem, but aren't really, since their offense is simply dwarfed by the offense of other profs who never should have been allowed such offensive capability in the first place... the other problem with MA's is that they require so many compromises for defence that they never really get the level of offense required to be a threat.

Keepers again are under-represented in terms of power especially with regards to offensive capability and therefore their "threat factor" is nearly zero- which basically means their defence is negligible in terms of OP'dness because if they can't kill you, who the hell cares... run away and choose another target.

Enfs, on the other hand, have so much insane offense, that, while their defence is roughly OP'd compared to many other classes they got so much offence that most other players only really engage the hate on that aspect.

Shades need to perk people to heal, so in most cases that is roughly balanced.

Traders heals aren't THAT great so I don't think they are OP'd.

Imo, you need to refine your argument.
    Some def holes got filled (nearly all.. thanks FC :P) so the base system is annuled. They should go back to basic if they want a "little" balance in AO.

But now we have Trox-AS-Online
    In memory of
    Niesa, Shadow01, Sabertouth, Luhr, Lupus, Cyberacid...

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    The last thing docs need is less offense.

The problem is with the ability to spam powerful heals forever, and - guess what - that's being nerfed in the rebalance, if it ever comes out.
    In my opinion the wrong way, if doc should be the offensive pistolero we call them adv. My basic with doc's go in the Nano line.

Docs should kill anything with dots and not with pistol or offensive dmg or nukes (holy crap?). It is ok to support some little weapons like they put in the armor to keep it out of oe. But not so much that the AR partly more is than the Nano AR.. (hello? basic skill system is killed? ^^)
    Thats not the right way.

AO should be not get a Egg-laying wooly milk-pig prof. ^^

Hope developers will take a big look into the old basic system and start new.
    In memory of

Quote Originally Posted by Pheddex View Post
    just 2 cents on this, w/e ballance gonna bring:

Professions that got any kind of selheal got too much offense (advys even got too much defense)

Professions that got only dmg to take people out, lack defensive tools

nm what too i play, it allways feels the same..

docs with AS and Malpractice

Advies with everything lol

Agents with CH (oh well, leave em alone, taking down people isnt easy with a 2002 nano as defense)

and so on and so on
    They cryed for AS now they have AS.
    Welcome to Trox-AS-Online.

Malpractice = wrong way

But ... dev. heared to them now we have the problems...
    In memory of