Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RE: Ancient Novictum Refiner = NoDrop

RE: Ancient Novictum Refiner = NoDrop

Is there a reason why this item went no drop without some sort of warning? I usually keep it on my trader which at some point will become dedicated to trade skills on some level, but because I didn't know the no drop change was coming it was on my enfo. My question is this. Can I petition this to get it moved to trader? or am I just out of luck and have to due the quest or spend a lot of creds?

I thought they made them buyable from yuttos? O.o
    220/30 Doctor(sistadoc)
    220/30 Adventurer(starbooty)
    200/30 Agent(sissysnipe)
    -------------------------------
    Director of Shadow Company

They made it buyable from yuttos (it already was.... for 1 whole cred) and..... maybe... just maybe.... I wanted it on my fr00b trader... or I forgot it on my mule? :P
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

i may have misunderstood, but i thought it was for sale for a "expensive" price. sucks for people to have to spend a large amount of creds for a ninja no drop.

reading on the forums shows the price of the item to be between 11 and 18 million creds. Not a mountain of money, but not throw away creds...
    Last edited by Sama; Oct 11th, 2011 at 02:39:15.

There's apparently also a "easy quest" to obtain the item.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

By the way, to everyone sad because they did put the refiner on a mule or something :

TSing Novictum to subdued requieres 0 skills.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

The issue, and I see it as a pretty major one - many of us have a reasonably high-level froob as our TS toon.
    The froob will never be able to get another one, since I assume the quest for it is in SL.....

I know that process is 0 skill, but it is still a very unwelcome annoyance, having to relog, transfer, tradeskill on a different toon - and it didn't need to be that way. It would have been nice to have a bit more warning those were going nodrop.

I don't see the reason for this being changed at all.. it's a tradeskill tool, why shouldn't people be able to put it on their tradeskiller?

Would be nice to hear from FC since they didn't mention it in the patch notes, maybe it was an accident as they aren't even UNIQUE like they used to be..

Moneysink would be one thought.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Even as a money sink it makes no sense. At max it's a one time buy for one toon. It has no kind of effect on economy. The way I see it FC managed to piss off a lot of people with no real gain. The saddest part is it could have been avoided with a single line of text in preliminary patch notes.

I promise I'll try to give thanks in the future when it's deserved. I just don't get some things in this patch at all. It puzzles me the way of offering of pre-order items for money does.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Funcom employee

We had to make the item nodrop because the price had been increased. So to prevent a lot of money being generated in to the economy, the easiest solution was to make it nodrop. That way people wouldn't be able to farm these items before the patch to make money off of them. Also the ancient novictum refiner is used for pocket-boss tradeskills. Froob characters cannot kill these pocket-bosses.

If this is a huge issue, we can add the item in a store on RK.

Sorry for the inconvenience this have caused.

These things went for a fair number of credz because the yuttos didn't always have them in stock, iirc. Now i have to hope that my refiner is on the toon i typically make pbs with...damn..WTB some warning about stuff when it's being changed to no drop!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

The price is fine, but it might be nice to have it available on RK somewhere - hey, there are Yuttos creatures out near One Green Hill, maybe one of them could be a sales-yuttos? Just an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    We had to make the item nodrop because the price had been increased.
    I'm not usually super critical of alot of the decisions FC makes but ... WHAT? That doesn't make sense on a few levels to me at least ...

1. How does the cost of an item in the store relate to it's tradeable property?
    2. This begs the question of why you made it nodrop at all. How has this change made the game better?

This kind of things ranks with the same logic of randomizing spirit pouches (nice one Sil ... I'm still dumbfounded by that one).

And no, I don't think it's necessary to be sold in RK shops. Any level 10 or higher player has access to buy it in Nascence.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 11th, 2011 at 18:17:44.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    How does the cost of an item in the store relate to it's tradeable property?
    At first I didn't think of it, but if it weren't made nodrop then people could shopfood their extra's they had laying around gotten from Scheol quest and

a lot of money being generated in to the economy

Or shopfood the ones from the "short easy quest".
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

We had to make the item nodrop because the price had been increased. So to prevent a lot of money being generated in to the economy, the easiest solution was to make it nodrop. That way people wouldn't be able to farm these items before the patch to make money off of them. Also the ancient novictum refiner is used for pocket-boss tradeskills. Froob characters cannot kill these pocket-bosses.

*cough* sector 10 bounties/relays *cough hack wheeze choke faint die*

The price you pay for an item is not the same value as when you resell it to a shop, all they had to do was set it's sell value to 1.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Andrias View Post
    *cough* sector 10 bounties/relays *cough hack wheeze choke faint die*
    We are aware of this issue and we will address it. Though we have other credit issues doesn't mean we should introduce another one.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I'm not usually super critical of alot of the decisions FC makes but ... WHAT? That doesn't make sense on a few levels to me at least ...

1. How does the cost of an item in the store relate to it's tradeable property?
    2. This begs the question of why you made it nodrop at all. How has this change made the game better?

This kind of things ranks with the same logic of randomizing spirit pouches (nice one Sil ... I'm still dumbfounded by that one).

And no, I don't think it's necessary to be sold in RK shops. Any level 10 or higher player has access to buy it in Nascence.

I really shouldn't have to explain to you that a value increase will increase the amount of money you get when you sell the item. Buy an item cheap before patch, sell it with a profit after = bad.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast