Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RE: Ancient Novictum Refiner = NoDrop

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    I really shouldn't have to explain to you that a value increase will increase the amount of money you get when you sell the item. Buy an item cheap before patch, sell it with a profit after = bad.
    Was there a reason, besides it's new stable position in a shop, for the price increase then?

If your concearn was introducing a somewhat underhanded way of generating credits then why not just leave it at it's original price?
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Oh we heard it here first. S10 is getting a nerf bat on credit generation sometime in the future.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

I really shouldn't have to explain to you that a value increase will increase the amount of money you get when you sell the item. Buy an item cheap before patch, sell it with a profit after = bad.
    Considering the unique tag on them I have a hard time seeing how this would have been a big issue...

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Considering the unique tag on them I have a hard time seeing how this would have been a big issue...
    You can sell unique items to a shop.

We are aware of this issue and we will address it. Though we have other credit issues doesn't mean we should introduce another one.
    Noooo, not before I get my 5 year old MA to 150 to farm some creds first ;(

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

You can sell unique items to a shop.
    Well duh. I meant that stocking up on enough of them for resales to be a serious problem would be impractical to say the least...

Ah well no biggie. If this is the dumbest thing you guys do this year I'll be very happy

Also the ancient novictum refiner is used for pocket-boss tradeskills. Froob characters cannot kill these pocket-bosses.
    Yes, you're right, froob characters can't kill these pocket bosses. They can however, be used to accumulate the hundreds of pb pattern pieces, tons of novictum needed to TS them, sort them, TS them, and then hand the TS'ed PB over to a paid account toon to pop and kill. I already have enough space issues on my paid toons banks that I specifically had a froob TS toon purely just to do this, with a bank just for PB pieces and novictum.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Thumbs up

Omg that's the first time i have to agree with all things fc gonna implement/implemented....
    ... umh.... say something bad.... i'm felling bad in having no reasons to trolllolol, firing up with ppls, posting inappropriate links etc etc

o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I'm not usually super critical of alot of the decisions FC makes but ...
    No way

Considering that nobody does sell Ancient Novictum Refiner since...... hmmmm Scheol Quest and considering that you would be wtf so much luck to actually find the Ancient Novictum Refiner in Yuttos shop for 1 credit... and considering that it was UNIQUE... That makes no sense...
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I was under the impression that it was the content developers that determined the resale value of an item. It seems to me that the easiest solution, as already mentioned, would have simply been to set the resale value to 1 credit or even 0.

I would recommend putting them for sale in the trade section of the shops or something.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I get that you don't want people to buy it for 1 cred and sell for 1 cred + x and make X profit. The question is why it was made nodrop? Don't you guys set the price a terminal buys this item for? I don't see how price and it's ability to be sold matters, especially if you can set it's price. If you don't want people to make profits on refiners they bought for 1 credit, just leave the price at 1 credit. Sorry, I just don't understand the logic of this change and what is accomplished here. To me this is definitely another "spirit pouches" change where it didn't really need to change, the fix seems worse than the previous state and it's priority for need to be fixed is very questionable. I just can't fathom of all the things there is to do, somehow this got attention.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 12th, 2011 at 03:19:32.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

long time ago, when you could get the ANR with quest and buying it, it was possible to have two on the same toon. My MP had two for a while. However, I gave one away, then put one on a mule, and something to do with the unique tag or something screwed up and I couldn't get my single remaining ANR back on my MP. I tried everything, checking every bag manually and with Item Assistant, to see if somehow I still had my ANR on the MP but it wasn't there. So last I knew, my pocketboss tradeskilling MP lost its tools and couldn't put them back again.

Anyway, so the funny story about this patch is that on one hand presumably FC fixed this problem, otoh it put nodrop so now I have my ANR stuck on a mule toon should I ever resub to this game and start using it again xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Just theorising here....but what I think FC was trying to do was to try and create a moneysink by making it buyable for >10mil creds from a vendor. Then, because they thought, we can't have all those people who have bought it for 1 cred from yuttos before(or doing quest and getting it for free) reselling for a much higher price, thereby making a profit. So hey, best way to stop this is to make it NODROP, problem fixed! Although I don't really see why they couldn't tell people this change was coming so people could move their refiners around to where they needed it to be, instead of making the change unannounced. It's going to be made nodrop, so its not like we can sell it to vendors!

If thats the case, I think FC tried to fix a problem it didn't have before by trying to implement a new moneysink and not doing it particularly well, and by doing so, managed to piss off quite a few people.

This wouldn't have been a problem if they didn't change the value of the refiner in the first place and let it be. Upping value of refiner ---> opens up reselling of already existing refiners to vendors ---> Make it NODROP to stop that. Result: Piss everyone off with a ninja change. If you didn't make the value higher in the first place, you wouldn't have have had this problem!!!

All in all, a poorly thought out "fix".
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

I think I'm still mentally stuck at the reason why novictum refiners were changed in the first place. not sure I will ever grasp how the change even made it past the suggestion box and escaped the paper shredder. also, the idea that its a money sink is silly. those of us with billions of creds already have one on each toon, because we did scheol quest more times than we can count. only new players with no creds will have to drain their bank to have one, if they choose not to do quest.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

unique items can be sold to shop, but the unique flag itself guarantee 1 item per char. So no1 can get much creds from hoarding refiners and selling them after patch. There was no reason to change price in the first hand. So the explanation is very weak without solid arguments. The obsession of dev team with nodrop flag we see in the last few years is something i cannot understand, it totally kills any economy of game.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

sec 10 is good way to make decent credits for twinks and stuff dont ruin it!

FC lost they comon sense ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

So to prevent a lot of money being generated in to the economy, the easiest solution was to make it nodrop. That way people wouldn't be able to farm these items before the patch to make money off of them.
    The only way that it could damage the economy is if the item shop value is greater now than previously, so that a player buying before the patch cheap and selling to the shop makes a large profit. This causes inflation as more 'new' money is brought in to the game, and lowering the value of credits.

A character selling an item to another character for a large profit is entirely different and does not damage the economy in the slightest - there is no 'new' money being introduced to the game so no inflation is occurring.

If you are saying that it is the former - do you control the value of an item to the shop vendor, and can it be altered independent of buying price? If so, it would just mean to keep the shop value the same as it was previously.
    Last edited by Whitey; Oct 12th, 2011 at 11:47:43.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

With the NODROP tags in gear lately, I think in most stuff since Ofab, I just got to wonder when the game itself is getting NODROP tag and servers stop dropping it... Tho maybe lootright sellers get around even that =p

Not much point on the change there, breaking something that worked instead of fixing any problem.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast