Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funcom Event for Charity

Funcom employee Funcom Event for Charity

Funcom is proud to announce their support for Extra Life with multiple gaming events tied into their flagship titles to raise awareness and donations for the ‘Children’s Miracle Network’. Players and fans alike will be able to participate in this year’s events on ‘Age of Conan: Unchained’, ‘Anarchy Online’ and Funcom’s upcoming MMO co-published by Electronic Arts (EA), ‘The Secret World’ to give back to a good cause.

Extra Life is a 24-hour video game marathon that raises money to help kids at Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Players pick games to play, find sponsors to donate a small fee per hour to play those games and together raise money for a local hospital of their choosing.

Funcom will host multiple events on October 15th, 2011 for awesome prizes like The Secret World Beta Access to raise awareness and donations for Extra Life. These events will also help encourage players to take action and through them, promote the charity to their friends and family. Together, Funcom and their players will help raise funds for children all over the world.

To find out more information about Funcom’s events to help promote Extra Life, then please visit the Anarchy Online official website.

Sounds cool Hope to see someone multi log just for this. Im in for this 24 hour grind!... But first, I need to buy a 96oz of Starbucks coffee!
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

I think the requirements section at your page is missing the actual requirements?

The Requirements

Fans who wish to have their chance to win The Secret World Beta Access and other great prizes will need to register here to become a participant and join the team represented by Funcom on the Extra Life official website. Once completed, you will need to input the following details into your Fundraising Page (example) that will be listed under your name on Extra Life:

These details will help us determine who is playing for charity in Age of Conan and Anarchy Online when we complete a random giveaway throughout the 24-hour marathon. You can check out Famine's Fundraising Page for an example of what your page should look like after your registration.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

is there a way to donate paid points on dead accounts to raise money?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

My mum will sponsor me™
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Mireiawen View Post
    I think the requirements section at your page is missing the actual requirements?
    Nope, the requirements is that you have to register, ensure the information listed is on your fundraising page and be in game. If you do not register, have the correct information on your page, then you will not meet the requirements of receiving a prize.

The idea is that you become a participant and help raise money through your friends and family as well play the game for 24-hours for charity.

The required information was not on the page when I looked at it? Tho I guess it was game, server and character?
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Mireiawen View Post
    The required information was not on the page when I looked at it? Tho I guess it was game, server and character?
    It states Age of Conan or Anarchy Online. I'll make it clear it's for any server now.

Great idea! I'd love to login for hours and hours, I don't think my wife and family would be too happy though

What timezone are you using for the 24 hour period? If I play from 7pm-12pm EST on the 15th and you use GMT, then I wouldn't actually qualify at all.

Who says you have to play just log in on your laptop and set it in a corner somewhere

This is one charity though, but what about the environmental impact of thousands of players all sitting with their PCs sucking out 300watt + for 24 hours?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Official Anarchy Online website-link
    Reward:
    Custom Forum Titles (Age of Conan/Anarchy Online Only)
    How can this apply to Anarchy Online? We already have customizable forum titles. o_O

Some things are prohibited like, you can be Professional with your title. But maybe they will take AWAY our custom titles and then be all OMG WE ARE GIVING YOU A PRIZE THAT WE TOOK AWAY!

I'd rather have an ingame tshirt with the logo for the charity on it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Who says you have to play just log in on your laptop and set it in a corner somewhere

This is one charity though, but what about the environmental impact of thousands of players all sitting with their PCs sucking out 300watt + for 24 hours?
    like it would be any different without a charity ;D
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

so if i get this right, you MUST be online for 24 hours straight on AO to be able to win anything at all? XD

if so, that leaves me out till for several reasons
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Well then, I have certainly signed up.

http://www.extra-life.org/participant/protege

^ Donate people! :P

I just copy and pasted, with a bit of editing, Famines' personal message. In any case, I believe it gets the message through thoroughly and I don't feel I could've summed it up any better. Hopefully I get some donations, and I'll definitely be spreading the word to my fellow gamers. Hell, I've been up 2 days straight already, this should be a breeze!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    so if i get this right, you MUST be online for 24 hours straight on AO to be able to win anything at all? XD

if so, that leaves me out till for several reasons
    We will give prizes during the 24-hours, not after.

Times do say 8am PDT, which would be 11am EDT.

Funcom employee

We just hit our first goal! Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen!

A couple of weeks heads up notice to reach out to raise money and arrange schedules would be appreciated next year. That way those of us with real life commitments can participate too, hopefully :/

Nonetheless, this is a great initiative!! +1 for this, FC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    This ranks high among the most useless advice given on a forum so far.

What a thinly veiled attempt to keep the population numbers in-game from sinking just a little bit longer...

count me in.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Jinday View Post
    A couple of weeks heads up notice to reach out to raise money and arrange schedules would be appreciated next year. That way those of us with real life commitments can participate too, hopefully :/

Nonetheless, this is a great initiative!! +1 for this, FC!
    We will try to do this early next year. We just happen to hear about the event pretty late and scrambled to get something going. Thus far, it's been going very well. We hit the top 10 spot for the top 10 teams in the charity to raise the most donations last night with over $7,000 raised.

Event starts in 2 hours on all servers for Anarchy Online and Age of Conan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast