Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funcom Event for Charity

I hear about this every year way early just by reading Penny Arcade ;p
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funcom employee

The event has begun. We will be switching between both servers on Anarchy throughout the day. The first prize will be given out randomly between both games at the top of the hour with small prizes between.

Funcom employee

Congrats to Malentor! He was the fourth winner today for the charity event straight out of RK1!

when i sent him a tell it said afk "rock concert, back in couple of hours" (him being afk over 1 hour XD)

i thought u didn't let afk'ers win...
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Funcom employee

I'll check into it, I mean people can take breaks.

To me when someone says a 24hr marathon starts on Day X, it means the minute after midnight when the day starts. That is what I did. I played several of my toons from midnight 'til now.

I’ve had some issues with my back this week, and I was hoping to tolerate the discomfort long enough to do the 24hr AO gaming marathon for Funcom’s Charity Event. It’s a little past 18hrs of playing AO and I can’t stand the pain any longer. Ibuprofen helped me through the long hours, I only moved away from my desk for bathroom breaks. No breakfast, no lunch, only water. I spend most of the time working on my S10 MA, new weapon, re-perking twice… improved results that I wish I could explain in detail but my vision is blurred and I can barely type. God damn I’m getting old!

Please guys, help me reach my humble goal of $100 to help kids at Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Your donation is tax-deductible and 100 percent of your gift goes to help kids. To donate, click here. I need to go to bed and crash.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    when i sent him a tell it said afk "rock concert, back in couple of hours" (him being afk over 1 hour XD)

i thought u didn't let afk'ers win...
    I had prior arrangements. I am back now.
    Malentor - Doctor

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    To me when someone says a 24hr marathon starts on Day X, it means the minute after midnight when the day starts. That is what I did. I played several of my toons from midnight 'til now.

I’ve had some issues with my back this week, and I was hoping to tolerate the discomfort long enough to do the 24hr AO gaming marathon for Funcom’s Charity Event. It’s a little past 18hrs of playing AO and I can’t stand the pain any longer. Ibuprofen helped me through the long hours, I only moved away from my desk for bathroom breaks. No breakfast, no lunch, only water. I spend most of the time working on my S10 MA, new weapon, re-perking twice… improved results that I wish I could explain in detail but my vision is blurred and I can barely type. God damn I’m getting old!

Please guys, help me reach my humble goal of $100 to help kids at Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Your donation is tax-deductible and 100 percent of your gift goes to help kids. To donate, click here. I need to go to bed and crash.
    Thanks Windguaerd! You're truly awesome as always! We still have plenty of prizes to give out and you will find one waiting for you when you get back. We enjoy your dedication to this event.

getting close to the 10K goal!

direct link to extra-life page for those among us (that are lazy like me) and don't wanna click link to AO main page first

Also, seems like Extra-Life in total went over 1 million dollar today:

Shortly before 3am, thousands of Extra Lifers watched, livestreamed, and tweeted as the official total for Extra Life 2011 surged past the $1,000,000.00 mark. In doing so, it also exposed the power of the comma
    Youtube video of them going over 1 mill!
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Grats on collecting so many donations!

I just hit 24 hours played, not counting my break. Time to sleep soon!
    Malentor - Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    Event starts in 2 hours on all servers for Anarchy Online and Age of Conan.
    Oww.. saw this topic too late to participate with a donation on Famine's page..
    As I was online towards the end of the GSP party on Rimor last night, I might have participated in the contest too.

Oh, well.. maybe next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    Thanks Windguaerd! You're truly awesome as always! We still have plenty of prizes to give out and you will find one waiting for you when you get back. We enjoy your dedication to this event.
    lol, completely forgot about my prize, where do I pick it up? =P
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12