Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 18.4.10 Update Release Notes

What i say is not as important as what the devs team say. And im listening.

Quote Originally Posted by huckleberry View Post
    If im in another team that have a tank, i can off course call back the pet, leave team fast and use new recharger if i need. But if im in solo and it is considered as im in my own team, i cant do that, meanwhile other teams can.
    If it is considered as solo then it is important, because as engineer i do not have healing or tanking capacity as good as other profession.
    Of course it's considered solo, pets or not.

And the pets can be used to draw attention while you stim up (or sit and let HD heal you, if you're high enough for it to be significant).

Not everyone have a heal/nano delta of a lvl 220. And of course, when you sit you take aggro instead of the bots. How long you need to sit to refill nano/health lets say 1500 points on an engineer/crat lvl below 210 ? And how many hit you can take in sitting and waiting ?
    Untill the last patch, pets profession can use rechargers in fight. Since 10 years i guess it is part of the profession/contents design. It can have some reasons behind that.

Not everyone have a heal/nano delta of a lvl 220. And of course, when you sit you take aggro instead of the bots. How long you need to sit to refill nano/health lets say 1500 points on an engineer/crat lvl below 210 ? And how many hit you can take in sitting and waiting ?
    Untill the last patch, pets profession can use rechargers in fight. Since 10 years i guess it is part of the profession/contents design. It can have some reasons behind that.
    Duck around a corner, let pets take aggro, stim. I do it all the time on my gimpy levelling crat.

Also all of what you said applies to any profession that can't heal adequately, many of which don't have the ability to drop aggro without breaking off the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

- New rechargers should now be possible to use when a team member is in combat in a different playfield.
    What prevents you from using old school rechargers as a crat/engi/mp when soloing?
    Sapna
    Imag3
    Bisque
    Onnz
    Helpmepls

By what i calced Healing/refilling nano in fight by using rechargers/kits for team members and engineer, Crat, Mp solo are now reduced of -47% for health and -44% for nano by this patch.

The consequence is that reduce the survive of the bots, something that take hit when you hide in the corner in your example, and also your own health if you cant bring a corner to every fight. You say it is like other profession, but other professions have the tool set for fighting/survive focused on themself, they do not hide in a corner, their profession are made different. Not like an engineer tools set for fighting that is dispatched/separated to the bots and the engineer.

Not everyone are lvl 220, level 1 to 219 exist.

Sri :
    You can use them for a while more but i hear they will be removed later.

By what i calced Healing/refilling nano in fight by using rechargers/kits for team members and engineer, Crat, Mp solo are now reduced of -47% for health and -44% for nano by this patch.

The consequence is that reduce the survive of the bots, something that take hit when you hide in the corner in your example, and also your own health if you cant bring a corner to every fight. You say it is like other profession, but other professions have the tool set for fighting/survive focused on themself, they do not hide in a corner, their profession are made different. Not like an engineer tools set for fighting that is dispatched/separated to the bots and the engineer.

Not everyone are lvl 220, level 1 to 219 exist.
    And you're saying it like the professions are remotely balanced, that everyone except the poor abused pet users have a jolly old time when solo levelling.

Pet profs had it easy compared to others. Now they have it a bit harder. And frankly, if my experiences with my low-level crat are to be believed, they've still got it pretty damn good.

Also, I did a search on bot health values, and a bot that a twinked level 60 engineer can apparently summon has over 10k health. If that's not enough to tank a few extra hits then I don't know what to say.

Lvl 60, you mean Towt ? Engineer who cast a bot to solo the boss usually still need mocham or wrangler. And hide in a corner. If without outside buff they will need to spam healing on the bot to keep it alive, and can take aggro and can be killed in some hits by the boss. I can do that on a MA without any outside buff, and no hide.
    Now lets go to higher lvl for lvl 100, Foreman. To solo the boss, engineers probably still need mocham, or AI armor, and hide in a corner. I can do that with another MA even without outside buff or AI armor piece yet, and dont need to hide anywhere.
    Let go higher, lvl 150, Sector 10. I do not see too much engi there. Profession dominant are MA, Fixer, Soldier, Enfo, Advy etc. Because ppl know what are the best profession at lvl 150 that have survivability and dps i guess.
    Pets professions are different. Their tools set/capacity dispatched to different entity, and not focused. They act like a small team, each one have a task. That is why enginners or your crat low lvl have to hide in a corner.

FC considered getting 3 buffs to cast a deep red pet and let it kill all mobs while waiting behind the door and healing while pets were fighting was OP.

Pet prof have enjoyed easy soloing in "early levels" for 10 years, and tbh, still do.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    FC considered ...
    Let make that official. By a notes on the "reblance" or Update Notes, by someone in the devs team.

Not in ninja mode. And not by a post of Gridpain.

Let make that official. By a notes on the "reblance" or Update Notes, by someone in the devs team.

Not in ninja mode. And not by a post of Gridpain.
    FC quite officially chose to forbid pet profs to use the new kits while pets are in fight.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

And anyone else in the team, not just pet users. Why would pet users be different, just because they try to avoid aggro they're still in a fight and should accept the risk of aggro without safety from much better sources than everyone else.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Sri :
    You can use them for a while more but i hear they will be removed later.
    you want devs to back-up gridpains comment while you are still at the stage "but i think i heard a rumor"?
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Oct 14th, 2011 at 10:22:24.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    **18.4.10 Update Release Notes**

- The crates in the second DB3 boss room can no longer be recreated with the use of Boss Calm nanos.
    That's pretty dumb, was it such a big deal really?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

A thread where Genele give some infos about the future of the old rechargers Here.

Edit. link was too big.
    Last edited by huckleberry; Oct 14th, 2011 at 11:48:24.

Smile Insane new inits on end game mobs

new insane inits added to end-game mobs (vort, aune, techno, collector) in order to force us to play in teams . Crat/Mp debuffs are not affecting them, regular damage increase, hard to hold aggro with imalice or taunts, multiple morphs (i don't remember xan to morph 3 players in the same time).

But what happens when we have the same drop rate (crappy) for rare items and we need to team with more players to finish a raid.

We all can see a decrease in the trend of ppl online (and on lft); curious about players that are not in end gear with aphas on and need to get their stuff while orgs are empties =)).

Just a thing to take into consideration.
    in go(d)ogle we trust

lol "insane" ... yea really truly insane, horrifyingly difficult.

Oh wait, we could still sleep through it all.... WTB challenge. And for those who only do things through LFG? I say you're playing the game wrong.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    And for those who only do things through LFG? I say you're playing the game wrong.
    this. this this this. a hundred times this.

The insane new inits on end game mobs made Artillery Commander proc'd me his "boom proc of death" 3 times in around 5 seconds. Resulting in "You were attacked with nanobots from Artillery Commander for 345000 points of energy damage."

Since it happened on 2 sides (the third didnt got AC to begin with) its either "Way too insane Inits" or something got broken.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast