Thread: AO web series

AO web series

Has anyone ever thought of making a web series like (not LIKE, but akin to the idea of) Red vs. Blue in Halo? I've considered in the past getting FRAPS or something similar to film scenes with my characters, creating a story and whatnot. I have film/audio editing software (Samplitude, I'm no professional) I particularly worked with my NT Krassnost, as I thought his constant use of a helmet and technological appearance would make for some potentially cool sound effects. I made an audio track, which was pretty much my voice effected with some cool stuff, and it turned out okay, but since I was doing everything myself, it was difficult.

Suppose we had a group of people come together with their characters as "actors" and we could put soemthing together? I mean seriously, if Red Vs. Blue can be so successful with voices and slight movements... We actually have emotes!

I was interested in mostly a drama... Or not a drama but a mostly serious actiony storyline with comedy thrown in of course. I'd love to experiment with it.

Has anyone else ever thought of this?
    creds pls

I seem to recall a few attempts at doing this, but they either don't come together or last very long.

I see. that's a shame.
    creds pls

who needs AO web series when you got ChitChat
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Oddly enough I was thinking about this, and while the software is there, and possibly the ability to hide the UI, not to mention it would be a cakewalk to get different camera angles with a yalm, I don't know what the story would be.

I'd be interested at least if this ever takes shape

You can't really say it's not going to work unless you give it a good shot.
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

Way back in the Basher days, I made a fair attempt at seeing if I could make a webcomic from placing chars and taking screenshots then adding text. My project never went live, but it would be an easier way to get a machinema project going. There have been other attempts at comics without success... it is harder to do than it sounds.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Web series, I've thought a few times about it. I did manage to do a mini-series (stuck on the second mini-series due to some unexpected bumps), also did some web comics at AOU.

The trick would be to have everyone with helms so that the lack of movement of lips would be ignored by the viewer. In which case FRAPS + Video/Sound Editor + a few volunteer voice actors + decent script = Awesome AO Web Series.

My suggestion, do a small 3 Episode run as a test, see how the community likes if, if there is support then it's likely more would volunteer for the project.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

So, I do acctually have an idea for a plot, which could be quite interesting. The only thing I would need, is A. A program to use to record it, B. People to help pose/voice acting, and C. Time and motivation XD.

But seriously, the plot idea I have revolves around the shadowlands, it would be about discovering it and whatnot. I haven't gotten all the details just yet, but the "beginning" of it is already layed out in my mind.

There are a few out there on YouTube that were really well done. I wish they would continue that. I know there are some talented people who volunteer in ARK, and well as are employed who could do that.

I have been working on something like that. Not a comic, but machinima. Problem is that before I try to finish and publish my work I want to clear it with FC to avoid any IP/copyright issues. I'm not sure who should I contact. Someone from ARK? AO team? FunCom? I asked about it from Means, but that was shortly before he left so he probably had more important things to do.