Thread: Alien Distress Call Mission

Alien Distress Call Mission

This mission is probably the worst designed mission in the game, and that is saying quite a bit. First it is in a pvp zone, so as soon as you trigger the blue barrier and are dealing with 3 aliens, you get ganked. Secondly, you do not have to have the mission to trigger the spawning of aliens, so now people sit out there farming them. This missio was not just badly thought through, it seems it wasn't thought through at all or if it was, it was so badly executed as to indisguishable from not thought through.

No a fan of this implementation.

Agree

Well the words were a bit harsh, the facts are sure accurate. I tried this one and was concerned when there was a team in the little valley just west of the cabin. As soon as I trigger the mission, sure enough they came running out and got attacked. Now I just delete this one. It needs some work.

Not a fan either

Multi-year pattern

Got this mission on a 182 alt and headed out. Yeah, there were several toons "hanging around" One NT type was repeatedly triggering the alien spawn. Saw the others seemingly running off/attacking others. So it appears fc has one again underestimated the desire of a segment of the gamer population to attack/kill others when they can get an overwhelming advantage. Since this is a solo alien mission, those showing up are not positioned to defend agains a resident team. Deleted the mission as well as didn't feel like being gank bait. This could certainly use some attention.

Funcom seems to regularly assume players won't engage in ganking, etc. if the purpose is a mission. Fuzzy thinking as all some of these players are looking for is getting an advantage so they can run up their kill totals. Not a positive feature of the game as they don't want to fight others, just kill them when they are engaged in other aspects of the game. i have seen this overly optimistic attitude on fc's part since before notum wars was released. Sad to see that after 10 years the same pattern continues.
    Last edited by Deemure; Oct 13th, 2011 at 21:30:28.

I delete this mision to -not for the PvP chance but as a crat lvl 185 how is this possible to take down the 3 aliens within the 3 min u have...?

Great work FC as usual
    Quee

Quote Originally Posted by Deemure View Post
    Funcom seems to regularly assume players won't engage in ganking, etc. if the purpose is a mission. Fuzzy thinking as all some of these players are looking for is getting an advantage so they can run up their kill totals. Not a positive feature of the game as they don't want to fight others, just kill them when they are engaged in other aspects of the game. i have seen this overly optimistic attitude on fc's part since before notum wars was released. Sad to see that after 10 years the same pattern continues.
    Indeed. This is a delightful feature of the Graffiti mission as well - fortunately I've pulled it thus far on the trader that I do pvp with and I've only dealt with solo gankers and not teams.

I've yet to pull the alien one but I look forward to having to pre-sweep the area for gankers.

Sorry if I was too harsh

But I had my first 200 toon almost before noum wars and there have been far far too many times where new content did not fit into the context of the game. I really doubt if the dev team intended a solo alien mission to become a gank fest opportunity. But it wasn't checked either when placement was determined. Having run a development team for many years before retiring, this is sloppy development implementation and we have seen a lot of it over the years. So my frustrations overcame reasonable tone. Again sorry for the tone, but not the message.