Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Oct. 14th, 2011: Pumpkins Incoming

Yea, we'll see the death of AO for sure. Too bad for those who just spent 90$ on a 12 month deal :|
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Yea, we'll see the death of AO for sure. Too bad for those who just spent 90$ on a 12 month deal :|
    I'm very glad I did not
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

could you imagine

LOL

Could you imagine if Funcom was to pull the plug on the game, what would some of these players do when their billions of "pixel" money went POOF!!

Hey another good way to remove money from the game, make 2 new vendors that sell bots but only to a maximum of 75% of what you could get from raids, place on for Clan one for Omni (allow neuts to use either) and watch the money drain away

oh the screams would be heard around the world if that happened

my billions will most likely go poof again on xmas presents ingame for org XD

(if game survives till then )
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Somewhat regretting that at the moment.
    Last edited by JustinSane4; Oct 27th, 2011 at 23:18:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipyap View Post
    If this S10-change is permanent, people will find other ways to make money. Expect the prices for items to fall rapidly in the next few years.
    fixed.

too many credits ingame atm for this to have a serious impact in the near future on those with credits. newer players relying on s10 credits will feel a harsh crunch, but this change will likely not effect anyone else for a while.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    fixed.

too many credits ingame atm for this to have a serious impact in the near future on those with credits. newer players relying on s10 credits will feel a harsh crunch, but this change will likely not effect anyone else for a while.
    so what you're saying is the people we need to keep the game afloat are the only ones getting boned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Farlath View Post
    so what you're saying is the people we need to keep the game afloat are the only ones getting boned?

I can assume you picked up on the sarcastic undercurrent in what i said then
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Yep, it is the new players that will feel the pain.

If this S10-change is permanent, people will find other ways to make money. Expect the prices for items to fall rapidly in the next few months.
    supple/demand rule says all prices will skyrocket.

Less ICE = less viralbots = less AI armors.
    Less nodrops on s10 = less ppl actually doing s10 = less s10 relays = less s10 bosses being killed = less AI armors.
    Less nodrops on s10 = less 150 toons = more 150 toons leveling to 200~220 = more demand on AI armors.

Less supple = higher price.
    More demand = higher price.
    Less supple + More demand = ??? SKYROCKET!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post

Less nodrops on s10 = less ppl actually doing s10 = less s10 relays = less s10 bosses being killed = less AI armors.
    Less nodrops on s10 = less 150 toons = more 150 toons leveling to 200~220 = more demand on AI armors.

Not really....

If no one is rolling s10 twinks no more there is no demand for the AI armors. Everyone will AFK kite hill to get into Pen. CRU's can be farmed and even then they were not expensive for the demand rolling RK missions.

So only s10 twinks uses AI armors? Interesting...
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

There's tons of ICE dropping in Sector 42 and such places :| AI raids also have ICE. And there's the fact that it's quite possible to get CRUs that aren't ICE. If you turn your memory back to before ICE were so common that one cost in the millions, then maybe you recall when people made money from getting CRUs from missions. But I guess with only farmers doing city raids now, noone will buy CRU as the whole ICE thing is so common now.
    I delete ICEs from corpses because... why would I loot them? I have like 3 backpacks full because I thought it'd be a good idea to save them.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

A few years -> Less money prices go down.

Also, don't tell me easy credits don't bumb up the price? Supply is issue, maybe we now get more people trying their luck for bots and prices go down.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I delete ICEs from corpses because... why would I loot them? I have like 3 backpacks full because I thought it'd be a good idea to save them.
    why not leave it there to rot / let someone else loot it instead of deleting
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post

I am aware of the supply/demand-phenomenon, but with less money floating around, prices will still fall. They will be more expensive, but cost only one third or so of the price we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    why not leave it there to rot / let someone else loot it instead of deleting
    It's my experience that noone does. I don't know anything about the customs in public raids.
    The Red Brotherhood

I am aware of the supply/demand-phenomenon, but with less money floating around, prices will still fall. They will be more expensive, but cost only one third or so of the price we have now.
    it'll cost 1/3rd, but with ppl not having the "uber money farming" methods anymore, won't people only earn 1/3rd of what they used to thus the whole earning / spending balance will stay same

This nerf would actually waste 3 of my characters which I use frequently.Well granted that my 150 NT doesnt do anything related with S10,the changes will also the 150 Battlestation players so I say its fair to count my NT in too.

Well,frozen my account for now.I was running dry on credits to raise my fixer,and since summer,I hadnt been in S10 so today was a rather big suprise for me.Only one person other than me was attempting to farm S10,I pretty much believe he left after a while too.You might say that what I am doing was easy mode,but reaping the rewards of my 150 twink was fun.And the game feels much less enjoyable when your pockets are empty,and you are usually used to seeing your pockets half-full or know a way that you can fill them at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliese View Post
    CRU's can be farmed and even then they were not expensive for the demand rolling RK missions.
    Were not? We bought an AI city for 2Bil back in the old days by farming CRU's from team missions. Took 2 weeks from 3 guys farming pretty much nonstop. So I remember CRU's being quite expensive. Nothing compared to now when there is 1000x more creds floating around.
    (+ selling boss junk to shops. thats btw 1-2m/run just from the crap loot)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast