Funcom... hire this person

Quote Originally Posted by Xkeeper View Post
    no atrox love?

=(

ps.

Funcom... hire this person
    Trox got enough love its time for opis spot in the limelight

Looks good.

If you're trying to do a complete recreation of the one in the image you are still lacking something with the "hair" though. The old one looks more like the what ever they are that the hair hangs from are somehow impaling the "hair", and there's more than one spike thingie.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Much love for the Opi looks you've got going there. Especially the headshots.
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

If I might be so bold, then I think that's a rather weird point to work from for the following reason: They're not organic being as you and I know them. It's 30000 years from now, on a different planet, where bodies are disposable, you can create things out of thin air, and just by the point we're at now with people doing body modification in the name of style, then consider they cyberpunk look of AO. It's a posthuman world, thinking in terms of human is not how you get to the wild and outrageous design of spikes going from the head through hair.

Yes, it might be your version, but it's very much Not an AO version because of this limitation you impose upon your creativity that the original designers of AO did not have. New players asking "Why is there a spike going into her hair, how does that work?" is a far more interesting question than the non-question of "oh, ponytails".
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Oct 21st, 2011 at 13:19:08.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Miru View Post
    Really good to hear, we're on the right track then.

Hair.

Perfect. A lot better than the official version of this head (or was it one of the similar ones?) we've seen some time ago. Very good looking, still has the original sexyness of the opifex and it's recognizeable.

The official new opifex heads so far have all been a bit off somehow. They've been very round and the overall look has been too young. This on the other hand looks perfect. Only missing piercings, but i'm not sure if those are needed.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Damn fine models especially the latest opifex incarnation, much love.

PS. Hi Mir
    Zuntata ~ MA :: Jarrulevy ~ ENG :: Lamourettes ~ DOC :: Pinned ~ FIX :: Wolffenstein ~ ENF :: Vesuri ~ TRA :: Nichikon ~ MA :: Mistica ~ MP :: Amelyssan ~ TRA :: Totooria ~ CRAT

Really enjoying the give-and-take process here. Lovely work, Miru.

P.S. Hair & horns are both made of keratin!
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Well done, the Opifex models in #44 #48 #52 are a piece of art.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Hey... erm.. Hi, I'm EDTA. Ehm,... you want to go for a drink some time?

[I think I'm in love]

(Hmm, this one doesn't have the extra spike though, I like that spike.)
    Last edited by Edta; Oct 22nd, 2011 at 15:33:28.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Holy crap!
    Awesome work Mir!
    Point Blank

Very nice work Miru...and the new eyes looks far better than the first pair
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

When I first looked at this thread I was amazed by your work, and then I tabbed through and when I finally saw this last Opi head rendering, I'm wondering if FC has picked you up yet or not. Because you really deserve a seat on their team for Graphic Design, very impressive artwork.

Give her a spot on the team FC.

oooo pretty eyes.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

I am tempted to "misuse" the "Report this thread" button to make sure it comes to attention (of at least the mods, perhaps they will show mercy and draw Means attention over here)...
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

New eyes are perfect. The ears though... why make them so elf-like? I liked the previous version more where they were just a little bit pointy, much like the current in-game version. Other than that, this looks sooo much better than the ones we're going to get.

Like seen in this image for example. (That's the latest version I was able to find by quickly browsing through the FwM's).
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

I have to say, that your work Miru... is worth of an internship at FC. Thumbs up, well done!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

As a render it is looking really nice, but there's still something like a factor 1000 more polygons in Miru's render than what would make sense to have in a game where you can have upwards of hundreds of people on screen at the same time.
    The Red Brotherhood

Far as the opi full body I think you should make her thinner overall, or flesh out her whole body and face. Course I'm thinking thinner thighs and bigger boobs but that's only one way to go. The sprigs coming out of her head are also supposed to be hair, I think, and that's getting lost in you re-render. Overall I like what you're doing and am glad you're putting the time and effort into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast