Thread: Elite PvP Daily

Wink Elite PvP Daily

The opposing faction is getting the upper hand, and it is up to you to stop them! This mission will be distributed by a faction leader, in your factions main city; Roma blue(trade would be appropriate, but its deserted), old athen, or borealis.

Similar to hacking terminals you wil be flagged when you begin hostile activity.

Plant the bomb.
    It its your duty to destroy a key building and cripple the enemy! You wil plant a bomb near a key building (ex. radar station in bor), upon planting a zone wide message will be sent alerting players. You wil have to defend opposing players attempts at defusing the bomb for three minutes, at which point the bomb explodes and you win.

Weaken defenses
    It is your duty to soften the enemy defense! Go to an enemy city and kill 5 various guards. Upon attacking, the guards will release a distress signal alerting players in the zone.

Assassinate target.
    A key operative is in town, we need you to eliminate him! Go to an enemy city and kill a specific npc, he would be moderately difficult and take a few minutes to kill. Upon attack a message would be broadcasted alerting all players in the area.

A successful attack will give a similar reward to battle station, maybe slightly better. A successful defense will give the same reward.

The point being to encourage small team pvp, have some fun, and increase the sense of conflict. These missions are just getting the ball rolling, could be lots of different missions. Some of my fondest ao memories come from player invasion of cities, so I think it would be a lot of fun!

Apologies for grammar, spelling, format etc. Typing on a phone is annoying.

Whoops: mod please warp to game suggestions
    Last edited by Zeroenigma; Oct 15th, 2011 at 23:30:34.

Funcom employee

I would like to introduce elite pvp missions at some time. How it should be done ive not yet worked out but this is a nice suggestion. (:
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    I would like to introduce elite pvp missions at some time. How it should be done ive not yet worked out but this is a nice suggestion. (:
    Elite like ... you have to tab a CT higher QL than you or something ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    'Kill an adventurer! (This mission can be completed while in a raid interface.)'

On a more serious note: anything that brings back 'ye olde days' of city PvP would be awesome. Perhaps something along the lines of 'flag up, kill 'x' amount of people in Bore/Rome/OA/WA'*. Repeatable quest.. rewards standard daily quest reward the first time, after that a diminishing reward, with a minimum reward after a certain number of repeats.

I think actually killing other players is going to be more appealing than just another PvM zerg mission. The nature of daily missions kinda means that people will actually avoid PvP and the carebear nature of a lot of people even gets nonsense like 'truces' into it, if given the chance. Make it so PvP is not optional, but the very requirement of ... PvP missions.

*Could actually be the same for all sides. E.g. everyone will be doing their mission in the same city. One side gets the home advantage, allowing each side a 'win' regularly. This way, one side could enter the city prepared, fully raidbuffed, at a time of their choosing. The other side has the advantage of save points, guards and a number of players who just happen to be there and can join in.
    Last edited by crattey; Oct 16th, 2011 at 10:25:38.