Thread: 30 free days ...

30 free days ...

For those of you who got the email and are looking to activate your 30 free days, it can be a bit confusing. There's no relevant link in the email itself, you need to log into your account and click on Special Offers and Upgrades. From there, I'm not 100% sure what I clicked on next, but I think there was a graphical banner for the 30 free days.

Now the confusing part is that after I clicked on the banner, it took me to the upgrade page where it offered the Veteran Pack and the Hardcore Pack, implying that you had to buy one of the packs to get your 30 free days. Apparently at that point I was already reactivated, but there was no confirmation. I didn't know I was unfrozen until the next day when I logged in again.

So just know can get the 30 free days without buying one of the upgrade packs, it's just a bit confusing.

wonder why the selective emails, im frozen for a long time and had no email with 30 days free offer,, shame, was actually tempted to resub lately, just cant force myself to risk 2 account resub and quitting 2 weeks later, again,,,

guess i gotta let the ao hunger rise a bit still
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Good grief, you don't NEED an email! If you didn't get it it's probably stuck in your spamfilter, or you changed your email adress.

Just log in to your AO account admin page and click "return to rubi-ka" under the offers thing.

I'm saying it again, to all those others who think that there's something magic with an email: Everyone has the offer, regardless of whether or not they've read an email about it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Im sorry, but this is simply not true. I have logged in and that option is simply not there. Now, I might not get an e-mail IF FC sees fr00b accounts on same e-mail as frozen accounts e-mails as WORKING/ paid a.k.a. no need for mail since I am "subbed" (on a froob, but not on the paid).

Might be my case, but in any case, not everyone has the offer.. sadly.

Edit: this must be the case, as I checked a WAY old account that only had one account (and unique email) to it, and that one has the offer.

Lesson?

Deactivate all accounts (even fr00bs ones, but that does hurt at all) if you want to get free days... I guess
    Last edited by Niles; Oct 25th, 2011 at 20:30:48.
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Contact support in that case.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Im sorry, but this is simply not true. I have logged in and that option is simply not there. Now, I might not get an e-mail IF FC sees fr00b accounts on same e-mail as frozen accounts e-mails as WORKING/ paid a.k.a. no need for mail since I am "subbed" (on a froob, but not on the paid).

Might be my case, but in any case, not everyone has the offer.. sadly.

Edit: this must be the case, as I checked a WAY old account that only had one account (and unique email) to it, and that one has the offer.
    I have my main active paid, a canceled paid, and 3 froob accounts all linked and still have the offer available on my canceled paid account.

Weirdness.
    Because Race Yalm

The horrible webservice strikes again
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Good grief, you don't NEED an email! If you didn't get it it's probably stuck in your spamfilter, or you changed your email adress.

Just log in to your AO account admin page and click "return to rubi-ka" under the offers thing.

I'm saying it again, to all those others who think that there's something magic with an email: Everyone has the offer, regardless of whether or not they've read an email about it.

no suprise, your assumption about others are wrong again

mail adress remains the same for many years,,,
    i got nothing stuck in my spam filters,,,
    i haven't got a single offer avaible under "offers" on my account page,,,
    Last edited by Insane666; Oct 26th, 2011 at 11:41:11. Reason: typo's, as always,,,
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Omni-Tek

No surprice you guys cant do it, i read the start of this topic, thought hey thats cool, so went to account page and here i am...

So either his assumption is right or you have a problem with the website or the possibility is there that you guys use banner blockers, which is a great tool but might just cut you out on this offer. Its doable, i just did
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

or theres a problem with it not on the users end,,,

never used any banner blockers, out of curiotsity ive turned off pop up blockers just now, still not a single thing under special offers

Omni-Tek

"The offer was only made to accounts in good standing which had been cancelled for some time."

Implies more than a few months it seems when I look at when my prime account became frozen.

Have an old alt account that was frozen since 2011-08-28. It got the offer...

I smell some not so consistent emailing from FC.

Guess I'll play some old crap toons until my prime gets "in good standing". Next 30 days should be around Christmas time. /me hopes for some other offer then
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!

i got the 30 day free offer on my account that was only frozen from sept 8th.... their definition of 'some time' can be dodgy it seems :P

also checked that my other account frozen for a year didn't get the offer...
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Just a theory, but it could have to do with whether or not you canceled your account or simply did not pay for your last month.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Account was cancelled, not locked because I did not pay.

To add to the anecdotal evidence, last November I let my account run out by not not updating my payment information (credit card expired). I believe after that it said I was "frozen".

However, months pass, and I got the email in July for free time around the 10th anniversary, however I had to update my payment information before I could reactivate. After a few weeks I manually canceled to avoid getting a charge after the free time was up. In this case I was "cancelled" but I still got the email for free time in October.

Angry

My account has been, and is still frozen, because of a $90 bill that I owe for the Rubi-Ka Hardcore Pack.

Number one, I have no idea what the Rubi-Ka Hardcore Pack even is, and two, I never signed up for it, yet I owe Funcom for it. My regular gaming fee has been paid, which I pay in six month increments, and is up to date, but I'm frozen out of the game because of this fee for the Rubi-Ka Hardcore Pack.

All I have been doing is sending emails to Funcom, for some two plus months now, w/o any results. When they do respond, and the way they do it, I have to explain the whole issue over again w/every single email that I send back.

I've been playing AO since the game first came out, and have never any probelm w/their staff in the past as I do now.

@GoHack: The Hardcore Pack is what saves you $30 paying for the next 12 months of playtime.
    Because Race Yalm