Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gauntlet Information Megathread

the logic of 17hr timer is crap! make it 6hr.
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Canibaal View Post
    the logic of 17hr timer is crap! make it 6hr.
    7h would allow some rotation of spawn.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    People have been asking for a reason to go back to non-instanced Pandemonium for a while now, and there really isn't any difference between this and, say, any other mob spawning on a long timer.
    How does killing the zod to cross over into old skool pande and killing 1 further mob provide a revival of said old skool pande? If that was the intent then surely you'd have to actually spend some time there and not have to kill just 2 mobs (ok I appreciate that there are a few adds, but it's the sentiment that counts) to warp to the gauntlet? Given the current situation, surely another portal up by the instanced pande / collector entrances would pop every 17hours would be equally adequate?

In any case, I'll be intrigued to see how it transpires in the coming weeks :-)

Once the portal is open, it stays open no matter how many players/teams enter for the next 5 minutes? Does each team get their own instance or is everyone competing for the same instance? If everyone is in the same instance, this will degrade very quickly to the most powerful orgs owning timers and selling spots on kill teams.

what if ppl die or ld or disconnect in middle? this is not fair!
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 26th, 2011 at 19:41:48. Reason: removed inappropriate remark
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar View Post
    Once the portal is open, it stays open no matter how many players/teams enter for the next 5 minutes? Does each team get their own instance or is everyone competing for the same instance? If everyone is in the same instance, this will degrade very quickly to the most powerful orgs owning timers and selling spots on kill teams.
    Everyone gets their own instance to go through. You can only reach the final boss by going through the instance - He is located in *open* Pandemonium.

So kill the placeholder in open Pande, go into the instance, pop out for final boss in open Pande again. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Is there a time limit on the instance area? Can a team farm that area for the bits that can be TS'd for any amount of time (once inside)?
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Funcom employee

There's no time limit inside the instance, and I did work in something that can allow for a little bit of farming, but there's ultimately a finite amount of mobs that will spawn inside the instance preventing any long-term farming. Basically you have to choose - Stick around to farm a little bit, or try to get out to the final boss for the "special" loot (and the completed tradeskill pieces). =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

fail instance.
    nice try to get ppls back, add a 17h instance.
    GG, FC

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    7h would allow some rotation of spawn.

+1 for 7h spawn... or even 8 or 9... 17 is too long though IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    This ranks high among the most useless advice given on a forum so far.

People have been asking for a reason to go back to non-instanced Pandemonium for a while now, and there really isn't any difference between this and, say, any other mob spawning on a long timer. So the long spawn timer is very much intended. =)
    I get why some people prefer the non-instanced approach. While I don't always agree, I really do get it. But the solution to this is balance, not swinging the pendulum from an excessive timer (old school pande) to instant gratification (ipande) and back to an excessive timer (gauntlet).

The reason iPande is over-farmed is that the timer is based on individual raid locks rather than global events. So yes, put the gauntlet on a global timer, but no, don't make that timer an excessive 17 hours. Balance is key :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    This ranks high among the most useless advice given on a forum so far.

I still stick to my suggestion...

17 hours LOCK to the instance, spawn mob for portal every 1 hour and spawn the open-world boss every 17 hours.... But NOOOOOO

As i said before, we shoudl be able to raid/kill stuff in our own time, not beeing told when to kill something, this game doesnt have the appeal necessary for this type of content anymore.

/waits for another forum notfication

Everyone gets their own instance to go through. You can only reach the final boss by going through the instance - He is located in *open* Pandemonium.

So kill the placeholder in open Pande, go into the instance, pop out for final boss in open Pande again. =)
    Great, thanks Kintaii. Sounds like a decent setup for all involved. Looks like a lot don't like the 17h spawn but as long as the loot is rewarding then I don't see a problem with it. This hasn't ever really been an instant gratification MMO.

Would we prefer sitting in OA in the "Instance Finder" waiting for the Enf and Doc slots to fill for your next random instance? No thanks.

Would we prefer sitting in OA in the "Instance Finder" waiting for the Enf and Doc slots to fill for your next random instance? No thanks.
    Actually that would be pretty handy considering how low the population is.

Looks like another instance I will never get to try. I will wait another few months for the change. In that time the good ole boys will yet again massively benefit from the instance, while everyone wait on lft and people soon get frustrated and leave. Good news is that at least now, you have something to spend hours waiting on ao for.

Maybe i am not understanding, but do you have to kill the zodiac to get into reg pande just for a chance to spawn the portal mob?
    If yes, supposed I want to do reg pande 30 mins before the Gauntlet protal mob supposed to spawn?

This seems to go well with the regular run of AO: Pay, sit, wait, hope, then eventually play.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkeeper View Post
    I still stick to my suggestion...

17 hours LOCK to the instance, spawn mob for portal every 1 hour and spawn the open-world boss every 17 hours.... But NOOOOOO

As i said before, we shoudl be able to raid/kill stuff in our own time, not beeing told when to kill something, this game doesnt have the appeal necessary for this type of content anymore.

/waits for another forum notfication
    Bump

Great, thanks Kintaii. Sounds like a decent setup for all involved. Looks like a lot don't like the 17h spawn but as long as the loot is rewarding then I don't see a problem with it. This hasn't ever really been an instant gratification MMO.

Now you have 15 min to find those spots.

People have been asking for a reason to go back to non-instanced Pandemonium for a while now,
    What were their actual concerns/wishes tho and how does that relate to this update?

I seen a lot of people miss the social aspect. If some instancerewards had %-chance to spawn in inventory upon completion then there would be less incentive to narrow down the size of the raid/participants...thats another topic tho.

Waiting 4 respawn! Wonder how this is now ^_^

I have to admit, I think the forced global timer approach is wrong and it's terrible. Anything that makes the performance gap between a casual player and a player that can camp a spawn timer is such an out dated approach to MMO's.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I have to admit, I think the forced global timer approach is wrong and it's terrible. Anything that makes the performance gap between a casual player and a player that can camp a spawn timer is such an out dated approach to MMO's.
    Some sort of global timer is required if there's supposed to be a competitive element to the instance.

An alternative would be a BS-style queueing system but that also has problems.
    Last edited by drainbamage; Oct 26th, 2011 at 22:21:05.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast