Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gauntlet Information Megathread

Wait, wait... so the last boss is "open" meaning that after my team does the instance part and we hop to the finnal boss some other team might already be on it?
    My trader will never find a team...

Quote Originally Posted by Livewirez View Post
    Wait, wait... so the last boss is "open" meaning that after my team does the instance part and we hop to the finnal boss some other team might already be on it?
    That's the whole point. It's a race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkeeper View Post
    But apperantly, the need/want of a few is m ore important than the benefit of the many...

Another lame instance such as collector and DB3...
    What exactly is wrong with either of those two instances? Other than the flame issues in DB3 which have apparently been fixed.
    Last edited by drainbamage; Oct 26th, 2011 at 23:41:56.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    That's the whole point. It's a race.

What exactly is wrong with either of those two instances? Other than the flame issues in DB3 which have apparently been fixed.

They are not worth Doing it... thats whats wrong... You spend too much time doing somehting that is not worth doing on the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Livewirez View Post
    If you're short on damage, you can supposedly stay in the instanced part and get parts to build the exact same loot the boss drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Biancha View Post
    If you're short on damage, you can supposedly stay in the instanced part and get parts to build the exact same loot the boss drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii
    Basically you have to choose - Stick around to farm a little bit, or try to get out to the final boss for the "special" loot (and the completed tradeskill pieces).
    No DD, no final phatz

Funcom employee

Actually, what Biancha said is true. The "special" loot is very special - People will understand once someone loots it.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    There's no time limit inside the instance, and I did work in something that can allow for a little bit of farming, but there's ultimately a finite amount of mobs that will spawn inside the instance preventing any long-term farming. Basically you have to choose - Stick around to farm a little bit, or try to get out to the final boss for the "special" loot (and the completed tradeskill pieces). =)
    So, much like old Pande this will quickly degenerate in to an "omni's turn to farm boss week" followed by a "clans turn to farm boss week"
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Yah, and since "forming a raid" is not recommended... I already see the !teams function on bots already comming up to life..

aswell as a DD team forming to make sure loot gets to the person with enough points...

Because by the DD wars standard, i already see a lot of profs never getting into a DD team for this...

Its points farming hell all over again, FC just failed to see this.

Heh aparently FC can never do it right...
    Kinda sorry that you guys get whines even tho you do what they ask, or prolly rather what the other half asks...
    Imo 17 hours are fine, overfarming it right away causes it to be another ditched instance/open place within weeks, atleast now people are excited about finding their items finally.

You guys remember how amazing it would be and how much effort it took to get your BoC years and years back? Remember how much you appreciated it when you got it, how you thanked the alternative or ancient already dead Bot, instead of the bot you got it with? Just hold your horses, in the end youll get it anyways. Or just farm the instance like Biancha said...
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

If the times I got are right, I'll be able to try the new instance...oh, 3 am sunday morning?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkeeper View Post
    I still stick to my suggestion...

17 hours LOCK to the instance, spawn mob for portal every 1 hour and spawn the open-world boss every 17 hours.... But NOOOOOO

As i said before, we shoudl be able to raid/kill stuff in our own time, not beeing told when to kill something, this game doesnt have the appeal necessary for this type of content anymore.

/waits for another forum notfication
    1 more bump for this, THANK YOU FC for re-implementing the reason for adding IPande, are we working backward here? Im really trying to figure out better ways to keep new players from wanting to subscribe but I really dont think anyone can do a better job at that than you guys atm. Considering the lack of people, FC wasting their time adding pointless/ridiculous instances and content, and the way things are from the patch today, you just might lose another 5 subs. GG FC!

I don't see how having a variety of things to do for people that like to do them (or not) is a bad thing?
    Last edited by Biancha; Oct 27th, 2011 at 07:59:28.

17H confirmed, atleast second level isn't too easy for our team...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

nvm, it seems those german ppl lied to us! about place holder mob location
    Last edited by Canibaal; Oct 27th, 2011 at 09:31:57.
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Umm, only zodiac is needed to be killed, maybe some other mobs.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

It seems to me that FC havn't really re-implimented a Pande-like system where the players will organize themselves. The competitive nature of the fight itself will ensure that nobody "should" see any merit in waiting for others or participating in bots.

It can't be split between Omni/Clan and raidpoints can't work because the looters are the top team, not the people who've participated the most.

The only likley solution is that once the selection of elite players have recieved their items by repeatedly becoming the victors - their enthusiasm will drop; they're top characters will be shelved in favour of alts and other teams will start winning.

Ok so we (think) we know this:

After you kill the placeholder a portal spawns that seems to be limited to 1 team (6 players) per instance.
    So make regular teams, battle it out in the instances and if you're uber nuff after god knows how many floors you'll pop out on top to kill some boss where ALL teams from all instances that manage to make it that far get to od each other on it.

The longer your team takes to zone between floors the more adds will pop (and they are quite the heavy hitters) so you need to roll stuff that drops quickly, zone and start killing.
    That's the impression i got on floor 2.

Good news is that the boss on floor 1 dropped 3 infuser parts for the ncu items, and bations parts, 2 shoulders + tank armor, inactive.
    I'm guessing that you make them active with all that other junk the adds/boss drops that you combine, keep an eye out on other threads for that.

Now, show some more lewt!
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Oct 27th, 2011 at 09:52:42.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    So, much like old Pande this will quickly degenerate in to an "omni's turn to farm boss week" followed by a "clans turn to farm boss week"
    RK2 arent you? We hadnt that kind of problem on RK1!

What I could say more ... only cry more?
    Proud member of Czech Anarchy http://ao.pat.cz

Paja - soldier - 220/30 Equip || Pajatrader - trader - 220/30 Equip || Koprak - keeper - 220/30 Equip || Pajja - doctor - 220/30 Equip

one of my frnds got infused hardcore cpu but that thing add +15% nano cost lol with 120 ncu^^
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast