Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gauntlet Information Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    My team on Rimor won Gauntlet the 3 times it ran over the weekend - and every time there were ninja looters, all reported.
    People can't seem to help themselves on top of that tower.

After the first win - we developed a system where we filled a loot list in our raidbot with the loot on the final boss. Added up - and when we won we !flatrolled (not before; to avoid tempting fate ) so we could loot the critically important items before the loot went public.

I have to say I have very much enjoyed this tower so far. Nothing seems to get my cold notum heart pumping quite like competitive PvM!
    Only dissapointment was learning the Dark Energy thing was useless. There being only 1 every 17 hrs, i don't think i was the only one hoping for the "next" ACDC.
    Still, a fantastic ride.

Looking forward to when it next swings around into my play time zone.
    Dont be so greedy!!! Share loot with ninjas

I really dont get it. What use has ninja looter from item? He can have a loot for a 1hrs until petition is handled or so?
    What is a point of ninja looting?

What exactly is main boss dropping? 3 full upgrades each type?
    Proud member of Czech Anarchy http://ao.pat.cz

Paja - soldier - 220/30 Equip || Pajatrader - trader - 220/30 Equip || Koprak - keeper - 220/30 Equip || Pajja - doctor - 220/30 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    I'm actually working on a change to this mechanic to where the adds will start spawning only after you've zoned up to the next floor and begun attacking the boss. So yeah, very valid feedback, working on changing it soon. =D
    Why? The difficulty for the instance is very adequate as is, if not maybe even a bit too easy.. Sure, a team who has never done this before might splat if they get stuck haggling nodrops on first floor but once people figure it out most everyone makes it to the top. Case in point the RK2 team that lost its doc on the thrid floor and still ended up getting the winwinwin at the top of the gauntlet a few runs ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    This ranks high among the most useless advice given on a forum so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinday View Post
    Why? The difficulty for the instance is very adequate as is, if not maybe even a bit too easy.. Sure, a team who has never done this before might splat if they get stuck haggling nodrops on first floor but once people figure it out most everyone makes it to the top. Case in point the RK2 team that lost its doc on the thrid floor and still ended up getting the winwinwin at the top of the gauntlet a few runs ago.
    I was typing exactly same in the morning, but I deleted it Just think again. There is no point to force ppl from 1st to 2nd floor. If you dont have a DMG, you dont have to be in hurry ... you can split loot as long as you can (after fix). If you raicing for final boss, you must have dedicated looter anyway.
    So ATM, if you dont know location, you can wipe at first run if you split loot too long, it wont be possible after fix. Anyway, how many teams will go there now without knowing about trick in first floor? I think is obsolete
    Proud member of Czech Anarchy http://ao.pat.cz

Paja - soldier - 220/30 Equip || Pajatrader - trader - 220/30 Equip || Koprak - keeper - 220/30 Equip || Pajja - doctor - 220/30 Equip

Funcom employee

Yeah, it's just one of those things that seems like a bright idea in theory but just doesn't work that smoothly in practice - While I'm all for there being a certain level of challenge to the instance (and admittedly, The Gauntlet isn't supposed to be "uber hardcore" like, say, DB3), I'd rather have said challenge come from better mechanics and not "you waited too long and now you're getting gnaked". XD

There are a few other minor tweaks here and there incoming to the instance in our next update that should overall help make the experience a bit smoother, and I wanna thank everyone for their feedback thusfar. Always good to see discussion and feedback on design principals and decisions. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

How about changing the team loot mechanics a bit, as it is atm loot becomes open to every other team after 1-2 mins, so how about just changing this time to 5-10 mins? (for bosses)
    Bosses corpses stick around for 30 mins anyhow.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Oct 31st, 2011 at 16:43:35.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    How about changing the team loot mechanics a bit, as it is atm loot becomes open to every other team after 1-2 mins, so how about just changing this time to 5-10 mins? (for bosses)
    Bosses corpses stick around for 30 mins anyhow.
    I know zoning in in raid teleports you but how about creating a raid once you're there ? Would hold the loot then.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Pajaaa View Post
    What exactly is main boss dropping? 3 full upgrades each type?
    1 of each of the upgrade plate types. red/blue/yellow - of which you need all 3 to upgrade 1 bit of armour apparently.
    2 of each of the bits of the armour, back/left-shoulder/right-shoulder.
    Dark Energy temp item.
    And a bucketload of NCU infusers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pajaaa View Post
    Dont be so greedy!!! Share loot with ninjas

I really dont get it. What use has ninja looter from item? He can have a loot for a 1hrs until petition is handled or so?
    What is a point of ninja looting?
    When our team was done on raid #2 i shouted that the corpse was FFA, so maby someone got something that day.
    The problem i think comes from the fact that the armour (all that was ever ninjad) is worthless considering how often it drops in the levels below to get to the roof.
    So people manage to get loot and some "assume" that the kill team is done with the corpse, incorrectly.
    In part because - if a team decides not to bother trying to decide loot on the lower floors for speed - people might actually skip past what they really wanted, leaving it to rot - just to fail in the race, with little in the way of a consolation prize. (except maby a few of the yesdrop infusers)

Perhaps they think they'll just get away with it - since its "only" a bit of the armour... unaware that its the principle most people won't let stand - not the value of the items taken.

It should be easily in large part fixed though with a longer time to loot the corpse before it goes public.

Don't know about dark energy, and what it gives. But yes there is quite a bit of stuff to go around at lower floors so tradeskilling plates shouldn't be too much an issue.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    I know zoning in in raid teleports you but how about creating a raid once you're there ? Would hold the loot then.
    If we could do it in a RI there would be no problems, kintaii said he put some anti-ri mechanics in, so if you try to do that you get kicked off the roof or something like that
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I was just trolling my kitchen to drown my sorrow of wiping after our Doc LDed when the solution to the loot problem struck me:

As soon as the boss goes down give the winning team an hour long protection buff from a zone-wide kick effect that casts at regular intervals (say every 2 seconds).

That way losers are automatically booted from the PF and the winners can split their loot in peace without the need for changing how the whole games loot system works and potentially introducing who knows how many bugs/sploits/what-have-yous...

I figured I'd post this here rather than the game suggestions forum since all the other suggestions on the matter were also made here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    This ranks high among the most useless advice given on a forum so far.

Base Armor is way too plentifull anyway, team must just be ready to roll it if they think they can win. Nice raid today, I got the Dark Energy even if I did wipe once ;D And we cleary won the loot, with org team.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Nice raid today, I got the Dark Energy even if I did wipe once ;D And we cleary won the loot, with org team.
    That's just cause I wasn't there
    Jinxz 220/30 - Fix
    Impale 220/30 - Shade
    Nuek 220/25 - NT
    Momento 220/23 - Adv
    Extravagance 170/21 - Agent
    Jinxzi 165/23 - Doc
    Rewted 150/20 - Trad
    Moments 150/20- Sold

Paradise

Okies! The raid is.. NICE!

But.. Someone trained half pand onto Vizareth when It poped today ^^ /QQ
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Momento View Post
    That's just cause I wasn't there
    And an other victory, even if we lost one eng from the team ;D

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Okies! The raid is.. NICE!
    I mean it with all sincerity when I say that I now feel like the entire process of making this encounter was completely and utterly worth it. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

I mean it with all sincerity when I say that I now feel like the entire process of making this encounter was completely and utterly worth it. =D
    It's very nice and adrenaline riden ride, I just have feeling that second level might use bit tuning down. Those adds are deadly...

The feeling of relief when you zone to top and notice no other teams and on other hand the moment someone else comes and you have to push even more. Absolute pure panic of pushing it to max, hitting everything you got. I love it(when I win ofc) ;D

Funcom employee

The adds are getting a little bit of a workover with this update - Slightly adjusted level ranges, bit of an overall nerf to the level 2 adds, a boost to the level 3 adds, etc. etc. Those changes and the switch-over in the add spawn mechanic should make for a slightly more balanced ride overall. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

:3 Love u too Kintaii! 17h is still way too much but ITS WELL DESERVED AND GOOD WORK!

Now..... Make the "Global Announce omg" 30min before Vizareth pops. Reason: If its 10 min, the ppl who dont have the proper timer will be portal blocked ^^
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Could you please move the stupid portal that is inside the body of the final boss or just remove it all together. I accidently double clicked the body when going to get the loot I won and got booted to pande, thus losing out. I mean, it's only a 17h instance and 1 in 6 chance to win, why not give people the opertunity to lose out on the loot they earned.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

The adds are getting a little bit of a workover with this update - Slightly adjusted level ranges, bit of an overall nerf to the level 2 adds, a boost to the level 3 adds, etc. etc. Those changes and the switch-over in the add spawn mechanic should make for a slightly more balanced ride overall. =)
    Nooo, no nerf -.-
    It is easy enough. Increase dmgoutput boss 4, hp of boss 2 ... would be more interesting.
    That stun at boss 4 does no one impress, its too easy!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast