Page 1 of 17 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: S10 loottable nerf working as intended ?

S10 loottable nerf working as intended ?

farmed like 30min s10 now and there hasnt been a single money/token item or 100% cru int the loot. Wondering if this is working as intended or you messed things up a lil ?

greetz
    meep

sounds normal. I personally haven't farm s10 in a long time (when i need ICE i do but i doubt i am running out anytime soon), but i remember in the past bounties and ICE having incredibly weird drop rates. go in one day, make 100m off bounties and relays inside an hour. go in the next day, get 2 bounties after an hour of killing. stay for another hour and almost fill up a backpack with bounties. not sure what hidden parameters exist for s10 loot, but the drop rate there certainly is not a steady %, and to my knowledge, never has been. the only way to make money there as a farmer is to farm for at least 2-3 hours at a time, or you might miss the times when the drops increase.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Oct 26th, 2011 at 17:32:27.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Nope, this is intentional, Genele confirmed in another thread they would soon be removing bounties from sector 10 due to the endless credit generation in the economy. I'll try to find it .

Edit: Found it -

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    We are aware of this issue and we will address it. Though we have other credit issues doesn't mean we should introduce another one.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=594408

Second edit: As long as Relays still drop, Sec10 is still farmable
    Last edited by fearfactory1; Oct 26th, 2011 at 18:04:14.

thats interesting. I wonder how long (if bounties have been removed) it will take to drain the economy via credit sinks, if this is true. (at least on rk2. rk1 is probably beyond repair credit wise)

consider that there are ~375 player cities (excluding instanced, no idea how many there are currently) on each server, the monthly upkeep for 375 cities is quite large. I'm not about to spend a lengthy amount of time figuring out what the upkeep is for each city, as I'm sure the dev's have a rough idea, but I would fancy a guess that the average upkeep is probably ~70m per month if you average all the cities together. again thats just a guess.

--------------

as i said, thats just a guess, as some cities are ~50m a month, all the way up to 100m+. I would say that I'm leaning on the low side of things, but 26 billion credits per month for upkeep of all regular cities is quite a sum. without a credit seed, this will certainly dry up the credits ingame eventually. and thats just one cred sink. there are many other sinks that probably double that number when combined as a total.

of course, this is assuming a lot of things. its assuming that s10 was the source of hyper inflation on both servers, and its assuming there are no other really viable seeds of credits. if bounties really are gone, that leaves pearls as the biggest seed of legit credits currently left ingame to my knowledge, and farming those is a pita, unless you are doing inf missions and collecting them along the way.

either way, it will be interesting to see what will happen if bounties have been removed. it will take awhile, as I doubt it will affect market prices for a long time as the system is flooded with *ALOT* of credits atm, even on rk2.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Oct 26th, 2011 at 18:57:02.

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

I'd laugh my ass off if they actually stealth nerfed S10.

Although I'm not going to assume they did just because one person had a bad streak of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by fearfactory1 View Post
    Nope, this is intentional, Genele confirmed in another thread they would soon be removing bounties from sector 10 due to the endless credit generation in the economy. I'll try to find it .

Edit: Found it -

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=594408

Second edit: As long as Relays still drop, Sec10 is still farmable
    That says nothing about removing bounties. it may have been changed to the way it was before though. bounties dropped but pretty rarely, with the same frequency that the relays do now.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

^^ yeah i read through the thread again and Andrias says
    *cough* sector 10 bounties/relays *cough hack wheeze choke faint die*
    Genele responds to him by saying
    We are aware of this issue and we will address it. Though we have other credit issues doesn't mean we should introduce another one.
    course, its not specific as to when, or how they will address it. and yeah, it doesn't say anywhere that bounties would be removed.

I'm leaning toward as you said, where the drop rate could possibly have been lowered substantially.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Oct 26th, 2011 at 20:14:45.

hahahahaha owned
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

I can confirm that bounties seem to have been removed or have had a major decrease in droprate. Other stuff seems to drop the same.

Ninja Nerf S10 Bounties.

Since the Patch Haven't seen a single S10 Bounty/No-drop in over an hour droprate has been seriously decreased or they have been removed from the loot in sector 10. Any reason or is this unintended?
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

Have you seen ICE drop too?

I spent just over an hour confirmng this for a lot of people crying in my org tonight (way to go FC you made them cry!) and not only didnt i see a single bounty item but i didnt see a single ICE either.

Bounties i can live without, but im gonna be realy quite annoyed when i finaly run out of Cru for my alien raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Ah yes forgot. ICE gone too.

dunno why they totally removed them.. they could just lower the droprate if it would have been too much.. but to me, s10 farming is now pointless, because having one relay drop for an hour doesnt make up the time you spend there. Again some ******* move imo.
    meep

Sector 10 farming was never meant to be a thing.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    This.
    Because Race Yalm

Dont care about the bounties... but not the ICE....

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I could care less about the bounties and i see a reason for thier removal, the magical creation of billions of creds each week from thin air wasnt helpng the ecconomy.
    (and having less idiots trainign around the place tryng to farm them doesnt hurt my chances of getting to the boss spawning areas with greater ease)

BUT, removing ICE?

what possible reason is there for this? all it does is serve to make city raids less frequent, meaning less of the expensive supple based armours floating around and this will only serve to increase thier price tag due to increased rarity.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

I wonder what this will do to the 150ish gear market

It will inflate prices... FC really forget to think things forward...

Some dude wants to sell a bag of ice for 35m as we speak.

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast