Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: S10 loottable nerf working as intended ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arriviste View Post
    ADAPT OR DIE
    Amen!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdominaux View Post
    excited? of what? do you remember how low the droprate was? plus the fact it's not a 100% cru? this is a big drawback imo
    Those things mean that there is value in the activity. Smart and resourceful people know how to profit from such things.

The removal of the bounties simply means that credit flow will be more proportional to the people paying the most attention to the needs of the population. That's the most logical approach.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

They should have kept the ICE breaker things in though. They were often just handed over to other org memebrs and they keep the city raids going. I can only see it reducing the amout of raids happening on both servers thus making these viral bots less common and the price goes up again. Greedy people are not gonna stop being greedy they are just gonna find something else to make money from and the economy stays high.

Can we have the old boss mechanics back then please?
    My org used to have a lot of fun to team up for mid boss every 1h and we would roll the loot between the team - was a lot of org fun that died with the pb style change....

Even had fun dd wars with other teams there in an easy and fun way since none had to invest a huge amount of time to get there
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart625 View Post
    Greedy people are not gonna stop being greedy they are just gonna find something else to make money from and the economy stays high.
    Hold on .... People are NOT greedy because they look for ways to make money. That's ridiculous. ><

As for the ICE, it would have been nice for it to stay, but it's not necessary. People were doing AI raids years before S10 was changed to make ICE drop like crazy. The only people this hurts is the people that aren't willing to do exactly what those people did to get CRU. AI armor price goes up? Why? Because AI armor plummeted in price once S10 dropped tons of ICE? Get a grip and settle down buddy.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 31st, 2011 at 18:21:52.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Arriviste View Post
    ADAPT OR DIE
    Way to get all Darwin on people.

Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by nijushio View Post
    My org used to have a lot of fun to team up for mid boss every 1h and we would roll the loot between the team - was a lot of org fun that died with the pb style change....

Even had fun dd wars with other teams there in an easy and fun way since none had to invest a huge amount of time to get there
    This! And other bosses too please.

Only fix the original s10 needed was to change the fences so that you can't go through them with aggro! And if you logged out in the instance you would be at the staging area when logged back in. That would've stopped the ga fixers running solo to bosses and them staying there logged out. If they were to stay logged in at the boss spot, they sure as hell wouldn't be able to od if a team got there to compete at the boss, thus making it fun for every playstyle. Fixers or whoever able to solo bosses could do it when no teams are around, but teams would still have better chances of loot than soloers. The biggest frustration with the GA fixers came from the issue where fixers were able to blitz to bosses in a couple of minutes when it took a good 15-20minutes from a team to arrive at empty boss spot. Changing fences so you cant go through with aggro, would've made it impossible fo smurfs to blitz through.

I really had fun doing the original S10 with orgmates and friends. Usually going with 3-6 ppl teams. Was also fun having DD wars with other teams for lootrights. For me, S10 died when they introduced this new type with PB style bosses. I tried to get those relays at first but after a month trying to farm relays almost daily for atleast and hour or two, and never having ONE to drop (yes, my luck with random drops really is THAT BAD) i gave up, and haven't been there much after that.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

We had a number of org members with dedicated docs/tanks for S10 from the old method. When the mood struck, we'd head off and do some boss raids. It was a great introduction for players new to the concept of alien raiding (as opposed to ships) and a fun side trip for toons that were leveling. That died with the new PB concept since relays were such a nightmare to farm.

It sounds like there is a plan for some type of instancing which (hopefully) allows for more of the original S10 style good times. I'm holding my S10 toon steady until then to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart625 View Post
    They should have kept the ICE breaker things in though. They were often just handed over to other org memebrs and they keep the city raids going. I can only see it reducing the amout of raids happening on both servers thus making these viral bots less common and the price goes up again. Greedy people are not gonna stop being greedy they are just gonna find something else to make money from and the economy stays high.
    The ICE's dropped a lot, thus there was more city raids, thus more virabots/ai armor, which in turn SHOULD have lowered prices since there was more available. This, did not happen.

Removing them from S10 along with bounties, makes sense.

I don't like it, but respect the reason. I spent over a billion on my 150MA twink which I specifically made for S10 to help orgmates and to make some creds without using my 220's. You don't see my crying over my investment, things change, and this time with good reason. I managed to get about 300M back through the bounties in the 2 weeks I had the toon in S10, I got some relays which hopefully may (or may not) cover the investment. I hope the area is changed to encourage teams to get back in there and to discourage the greedy twinks and some negative behavior from returning.

I won't scratch my 150MA, still has ai levels and research to do, it will remain there to help orgmates which is the main reason why he was created.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

A bounty dropped today!

Kidding lol

Quote Originally Posted by nijushio View Post

Gotta agree on this
    Last edited by drakio; Nov 1st, 2011 at 00:53:31.

All I can say about this is that FC is a effing blubbering baffoon after making this type of change without announcing it.

The amount of money and time spent on S10 twinks by paying customers was phenomenal. To just up and change it without even a hint of what was to come was an EXTREMELY low blow.

Like a big FU to our clients/customers. Really, without a doubt, one of the worst public relations moves I've ever seen by game provider.

What needs to happen now should be fairly obvious:

1. FC doesn't change ANYTHING else for a few weeks/months, to see how things pan out.
    2. FC announces some MINOR changes and possibly re-adjusting droprates again
    3. FC isn't 100% satisfied with the results and decides on a major overhaul, which we are given about a year to adjust our playstyles.
    4. they come through with a good overhaul on it and everyone is happy.

But, dropping a big effing bomb with a bugged Sector, with almost ZERO relative incentive to play there, makes me wonder, who the hell was in charge of that?
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Nov 1st, 2011 at 02:00:25.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    All I can say about this is that FC is a effing blubbering baffoon after making this type of change without announcing it.

The amount of money and time spent on S10 twinks by paying customers was phenomenal. To just up and change it without even a hint of what was to come was an EXTREMELY low blow.

Like a big FU to our clients/customers. Really, without a doubt, one of the worst public relations moves I've ever seen by game provider.

What needs to happen now should be fairly obvious:

1. FC doesn't change ANYTHING else for a few weeks/months, to see how things pan out.
    2. FC announces some MINOR changes and possibly re-adjusting droprates again
    3. FC isn't 100% satisfied with the results and decides on a major overhaul, which we are given about a year to adjust our playstyles.
    4. they come through with a good overhaul on it and everyone is happy.

But, dropping a big effing bomb with a bugged Sector, with almost ZERO relative incentive to play there, makes me wonder, who the hell was in charge of that?
    u mad bro?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

hell ya I'm mad:

I brought a toon to S10 yesterday and was parked at the entrance, went to change my babies diaper, and came back to find my toon at reclaim.

S10 is effed up to hell right now, so badly that even the unicorn guys at the front don't even engage the aliens. So, theres aliens bugged at the front who warp around and nuke the piss out of peeps in the "safe" zone.

Kay, add to that how ridiculous the current reward vs effort for fulfilling the NPC missions are, the AXP availabilit, the HP of the mobs and you've got a Playfield registering about 1/10 for playability.

I'm sorry to hear about your personal troubles.
    bai2u!
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your personal troubles.
    Sorry to hear you can't read.

It ain't personal, unless AO being broken somehow became my personal issue.

However, I do have an interest in AO, and, when someone messes up something that I have an interest in, it irks me.

I'm pretty sure AO is actually closer to being fixed, at the expense of the people who were benefiting from something that was broken
    bai2u!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    I'm pretty sure AO is actually closer to being fixed, at the expense of the people who were benefiting from something that was broken
    If by fixed, you mean shut down, then yes, i agree its closer to that.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

In general, it is, however, you aren't looking at the big picture:

If you remove a playfield which singlehandedly kept the mid-range game acitve....

then, you've got no more mid-game.

Take a guy like me, for example: I love making mid level twinks, it's what I do. And, I happen to think that the mid range levels offer some of the best twinkability, the best PVP, and some of the best content (S10, DR, ado hecks, ely hecks, penumbra, IS, TL5 PVP and war, S7 now and TL5 AI raiding).

Notice, though, that while there still is some content available at TL5, that none of them are real "draws", like, the only other thing people build 'twinks' for is war. Now, S10 was capable of funding the the builds of many twinks. Remove S10, remove the people who actively played there, and, you've got instantaneously a massive gap in population.

It gets worse.

Not only has the neutralization of S10 created a gap in the population, it's actually angered many people to the extent that they've left game.

I'm not saying what FC did wasn't necessary... What I'm saying, is they are stupid fools for doing it the way they did it.

Since the change to S10, I haven't got one BS invite for 101-150 range BS. I have seen 2-3 other people my level around. Last night, there were 2 people on in my org (normally there is 13-15 on in the aussie time zone).

I know for a fact, that people who have just finished their S10 twinks are going to be right pissed, and, why shouldn't they be? I know one guy who is so frustrated he quit. And why shouldn't he? If FC is going to make such game changing ninja updates, how are the players supposed to plan??

Clearly, if there was some sense of longevity planning in FC, they would have announced that S10 would be undergoing an "economic" adjustment. Then, they would test what players feelings were about adjusting the way wealth was generated using a DIFFERENT approach.

I know that Means and crew have already said they don't like too much AI armour in game, and blah blah blah about the economy, but, I never heard them say anythign about eliminating mid-game.

As it currently stands, they've now, without a shadow of a doubt, completely killed mid-game. which means, the ONLY active level range left is 220.

So, sure: attempt to fix the economy, kill mid game, and, now what?

A new guy enters game. He manages to level to about 30 solo.
    he gets to nasc, kills some mobs, sees a guy for 2 hours, and then he's 70 while new guy is 40the new guy somehow manages to level to 70 solo, because he doesn't see anyone else.
    The new guy doesn't see anyone else and it takes him months to level to 150
    The new guy doesn't see anyone at 150. And then leveling to 190 never happens, and he quits.

The point is, is that kiting/OST ruined low levels, kiting OST's ruined teaming for low-mid levels
    inf mishes ruined 160-200, and, with ZERO reason to stop at 150, a new guy, could potentially play for a year without EVER seeing someone else in game except in cities.

ANYONE new, is wondering WTH is wrong with a game where it's CALLED massively multiplayer, and he's the only one playing it.

What a effing joke.

Why doesn't FC just start newb's at 220, and get rid of the grind entirely?

Guys, don't worry! Bounties and ICE still drop in S42!

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    In general, it is, however, you aren't looking at the big picture:

If you remove a playfield which singlehandedly kept the mid-range game acitve....

then, you've got no more mid-game.

Take a guy like me, for example: I love making mid level twinks, it's what I do. And, I happen to think that the mid range levels offer some of the best twinkability, the best PVP, and some of the best content (S10, DR, ado hecks, ely hecks, penumbra, IS, TL5 PVP and war, S7 now and TL5 AI raiding).

Notice, though, that while there still is some content available at TL5, that none of them are real "draws", like, the only other thing people build 'twinks' for is war. Now, S10 was capable of funding the the builds of many twinks. Remove S10, remove the people who actively played there, and, you've got instantaneously a massive gap in population.

It gets worse.

Not only has the neutralization of S10 created a gap in the population, it's actually angered many people to the extent that they've left game.

I'm not saying what FC did wasn't necessary... What I'm saying, is they are stupid fools for doing it the way they did it.

Since the change to S10, I haven't got one BS invite for 101-150 range BS. I have seen 2-3 other people my level around. Last night, there were 2 people on in my org (normally there is 13-15 on in the aussie time zone).

I know for a fact, that people who have just finished their S10 twinks are going to be right pissed, and, why shouldn't they be? I know one guy who is so frustrated he quit. And why shouldn't he? If FC is going to make such game changing ninja updates, how are the players supposed to plan??

Clearly, if there was some sense of longevity planning in FC, they would have announced that S10 would be undergoing an "economic" adjustment. Then, they would test what players feelings were about adjusting the way wealth was generated using a DIFFERENT approach.

I know that Means and crew have already said they don't like too much AI armour in game, and blah blah blah about the economy, but, I never heard them say anythign about eliminating mid-game.

As it currently stands, they've now, without a shadow of a doubt, completely killed mid-game. which means, the ONLY active level range left is 220.

So, sure: attempt to fix the economy, kill mid game, and, now what?

A new guy enters game. He manages to level to about 30 solo.
    he gets to nasc, kills some mobs, sees a guy for 2 hours, and then he's 70 while new guy is 40the new guy somehow manages to level to 70 solo, because he doesn't see anyone else.
    The new guy doesn't see anyone else and it takes him months to level to 150
    The new guy doesn't see anyone at 150. And then leveling to 190 never happens, and he quits.

The point is, is that kiting/OST ruined low levels, kiting OST's ruined teaming for low-mid levels
    inf mishes ruined 160-200, and, with ZERO reason to stop at 150, a new guy, could potentially play for a year without EVER seeing someone else in game except in cities.

ANYONE new, is wondering WTH is wrong with a game where it's CALLED massively multiplayer, and he's the only one playing it.

What a effing joke.

Why doesn't FC just start newb's at 220, and get rid of the grind entirely?
    holy overreaction batman

Means:
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    If I remove the disproportionately large credit reward from the area and you say you won't go back there then we know precisely what part of that "lowbie content" was important to you.
    bai2u!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast