Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617

Thread: S10 loottable nerf working as intended ?

My only comment to this is:

If you think that S10 bounties is the or even a significant factor leading to the phenomenon that was observed in the Rk1 economy earlier this year, then you are truly ignorant.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Interesting, I hadn't heard about the price increase in RK1 but I just checked the forums. People selling RBPs for 1.2b and IGOCs for 900m. That's more expensive than RK2 and RK1 before this summer had always been a significant amount cheaper than RK2.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    My only comment to this is:

If you think that S10 bounties is the or even a significant factor leading to the phenomenon that was observed in the Rk1 economy earlier this year, then you are truly ignorant.
    Alot of ppl believe that pumping billions of new credits into the game each day would eventually cause prices to go up. It certainly works that way in real economies.

Do you have any sort of numbers or reasoning to refute that or is it your gut feeling alone that tells you it is so?

Billions of credits each day?

S10 is hardly capable of that.

If theres 100 easy to farm mobs with a 10 minute spawn time, each with a 10% chance of dropping a bounty, you're looking at:

100*24*60/10*10% *4m= 1.44 B

Thats if evey mob was a bounty type mob, and it was beign farmed 100% efficiently.

ya, 1.4B every day isn't a big deal, really, and, it's not really "billions"

However, hundreds upon hundreds of billions over a very short period of time, like, say, a few weeks... ya, it could make a substantial difference.

There's about 30-40 mobs per arm, and probably more in the centre. Also aliumz drop creds themselves, I forgot how much it is, but it's significant if you're constantly killing them. My experience is making about 40m per hour by myself (that's almost 1b per day if you farm just one spot 24/7, and plenty of people have quoted making double that per hour) so I think you're badly underestimating the respawn time or number of mobs.

Don't forget this is only one "mid-level" activity in the entire game contributing more per day than all the cities combined suck up in a week. The key problem is the fact that so many people do something as to break the money balance.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

24 times * 60 minutes = 1440 minutes per day
    1440 minutes / 10 minutes each pop up = 144 pop up
    144 pop up * 100 aliens each pop up = 14400 aliens pop up per day
    14400 aliens * 0.1 of them have a bounty = 1440 number of bounties drop
    1440 bounties * 4.000.000 creds = 5.760.000.000 creds per day

Edit. 100*24*60/10*10% *4m = 5760m

5.76B
    Last edited by huckleberry; Nov 3rd, 2011 at 11:13:32.

We are watching the first online game that is on the edge of colapsing of the economic system. No one can even put a note in the update notes, no one can even admit the error. And then try to exchange the responsibility to players.
    Last edited by huckleberry; Nov 3rd, 2011 at 11:31:29.

U people HONESTLY believe these things? Funcom (actually any co) can fix the economy of the game with….1 patch. Notumesh gone up 450M and 5 credsellers buy all?np,make a patch have the mob drop 3 per kill, problem solved. Simple as that. Sure some will cry “omg I spent ### on it”,but hey..its for the greater good ( we all LOVE AO and are in this for the games good,no?we AO players are superior people,above selfish motives …not openly in the forum at least), it will ruin the evil credit empires plans and the market will chill. Like a NEW DEAL with patches ;p. Same for tara,have it drop 1 igoc and 1 rbp per kill for 3-4 weeks, screw the cred sellers for ever.
    All these things that u say…all of them.Sum up in this
    “we want to make hawt pvp toons in 3 days and we had s10 credits to equip them in 5 days as well,omg what we gonna do now.”
    Or worse
    Since apparently the price of credits is gone up by the credit selling companies/players, and the price of phats too,u cant keep up buying your credits.Ok I can understand that.1b for a igoc every week aka 90$ hurts anyone who isn’t the son of GMs CEO.
    Too bad.
    Some GENIUS made 5 grand by selling credits through farming s10…so some "pvp guy" can walk proudly in bor grid copying the new cool setup of the day.This guy deserves a statue not a ban. Another monument to mankinds stupidity in the long struggle of I am better than u in drainshot vs ubtriple.
    Me being the "fail idiot" that I am,...i actually go to tara. Collector too. Yea u can do collector 2-3 weeks TO GET A IGOC,as opposed to making a 150 MA to farm “green” ensign credits in s10 for 2 weeks TO BUY IT,haven’t u heard?I even tank beast 21 times when I want a new BoC. U don’t, because if u did s10 being in game ranges from irrelevant to indifferent, and u had s10/s10 generated credits to equip your toons. QQ
    Gabrielpeter, Organlegger, Ypexwde, Findnkeeper, Sp.icecaravan cause apparently sp.ice gets censored oO, Strpb, Xasomerhs, Wtbhoardcure, Hasomeris, Panzerwerfer, Wurfrahmen40, Stabilizer, Stukazufuss, Hohoikilledu, Aimedslaps and some 40 more paid and froobs. Probably the last AO player from Greece for quite a while now...

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Alot of ppl believe that pumping billions of new credits into the game each day would eventually cause prices to go up. It certainly works that way in real economies.

Do you have any sort of numbers or reasoning to refute that or is it your gut feeling alone that tells you it is so?
    Frankly, I don't care how much it was because it's not relevant .... a simple comparison between RK1 and Rk2 tells you that S10 isn't the cause of the issues on Rk1 economy, not even CLOSE. Further to that, the future whines about Rk1 prices will only continue to prove that point.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 3rd, 2011 at 18:05:19.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post

in the real world, inflation is generally tracked through commodities afaik. its not 100% accurate, due to micro-booms in specific areas, but its fairly accurate. this includes things like food, oil, lumber, etc.., stuff that is consumable and gets used up as fast as its produced.

in ao what would you list as a commodity? paying people for buffs perhaps...? how do you track such a thing. lead bots are not commodities. the tradeskill process does not end in a no-drop item (besides combined head from alien sector tradeskill thingy), although they do get used up, so maybe they are in a way. Igoc's the same. they are only valuable due to their rarity. thats it.

someone finish my train of thought here. the common cold is doing wonders for my mental capacity atm
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Nov 3rd, 2011 at 18:51:56.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

After no less than TWO 17 page threads on the same issue, the discussion has been beaten to death and then some. Take the rest of the discussion to this thread. Keep it to suggestions and not complaints.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617