Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: S10 loottable nerf working as intended ?

Money is still coming into game, just not with that same retarted rate s10 did.
    And FC will probably make up someting else with cred rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I can guarantee that took longer than an hour. And imagine how many people were actually there. Remember, S10 is completely dead for probably 12 hours a day. The rest of the time, you've got at max 7 or 8 people in there, most of them competing for the same mobs.
    What server are you on? There is allways people in s10 on Atlantean...
    Not many but least 1-2, and on prime time closer to 20 than 10.

Economy is dynamic, if ppl cant pay high prices on stuff, then the price will go down with time GMS is as good as the lowest price in it. Most players want quick money, so they prefer to put price tag similar to lowest price or prolly 1-10m lower than lowest item in gms^^ Over time, this will compound to drop in base price in market!

The incentive to sell faster is far greater than incentive to sell costlier(unless ur account is frozen)
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Thats pretty sad news tbh. S10 was one thing that kept mid level AO alive now im not sure if people playing mid levels have patience to join tl7 farm fest so most likely we ve just lost some players.

If there were really problems with s10 that i dubt as Means stated himself inflation had other sources they should rework it so it would be raid zone again and we could have some team fun again with viralbots as our goal. Bashing things with nerfticks isnt the way to make things better well end up with even more dead zone than it is today so where is the "fun" hidden? Id really love to see those massive raids we had when it was introduced and amazing twink projects people made for team play, not only soloing as much as fast as possible.

/sadface

@I earn 150 mln / h from bounties guy.
    Why not over 9000 mln / h? L2P nab.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    If S10 was the last major generator of creds, then it was fine. Those credit sinks get rid of just about all of the creds S10 would generate.
    Now maybe they can readjust cred inflow across the board. Having one specific level range (and in fact, one specific level) get the vast majority was a stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Canibaal View Post
    Economy is dynamic, if ppl cant pay high prices on stuff, then the price will go down with time GMS is as good as the lowest price in it. Most players want quick money, so they prefer to put price tag similar to lowest price or prolly 1-10m lower than lowest item in gms^^ Over time, this will compound to drop in base price in market!

The incentive to sell faster is far greater than incentive to sell costlier(unless ur account is frozen)
    SORT OF!

GMS is only as good as the price people are willing to SPEND.

Markets are determined by the buyer, not the seller.

Let me show you an extreme example:

I have a Ql 130 supple bot in my shop for 700m.

nobody buys it. therefore, even if my bot was the only one in the GMS, it still doesn't define the "market"... what defines the market is the buyer. If some jackass comes to my shop and buys the 700m item, THEN that transaction feeds the network of the market, but, until that transaction takes place.... it's just a fart in the wind.

In a different situation, lets say no transaction takes place. My "market" is dead, because I'm unwilling to change my price to meet the buyers demands. Later, some other guy loots a QL 130 supple bot, and he sticks it in his shop for 80m. He attracts some buyers, and it sells. The same buyers hold out indefinitly on my bot. They refuse to allow that price to gain a foothold in the "market".

The buyer sets the market condition. The seller can ATTEMPT to... but, until the buyer decides the price is within the range of "value" then theres no market... just a bunch of crap shop rotting.

The reason is, as always, that GMS fuels a buyers market. And this is where what you said starts to be true: Because no-one will buy a higher priced item than the lowest one on the GMS, it allows the buyer to be selective, and, the seller, if he wants to be allowed into the market, must be competitive - BUT, theres never obligation to spend. And thats why sometimes, these guys who think they can control the market are hilarious.

Sometimes, like recently, somebody bought up every supple bot on the market, and raise teh prices by 100m across the board. The hilarious thing is that all his bots stagnated for months. All the regular priced items started gradually to creep up to his overpriced bots, but, now, there's hundreds of supple bots rotting in shops. and, only ever so infrequently, someone sells one of the overpriced bots.

While his initial acquisition might have been played to his benefit, the overall effect was that there was a major slowdown in the market, because NOBODY bought supples for several months - and now, the prices are coming down again, while hundreds of bots are clogging peoples shops not being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Now maybe they can readjust cred inflow across the board. Having one specific level range (and in fact, one specific level) get the vast majority was a stupid idea.
    This is how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    This is how it should be.
    If it should be like that when are they going to introduce tl7 money source? Because today we dont have any, almost everything tl7 character earns comes from trade. Are we supposed to farm monster parts?

Every economy needs money sources and flow, once its gone there is colapse. People who ask about credit sinks, take a closer look at all your friends who left in last 2-3 years, every single one was a cred sink, some of them were gone with multiple billions.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    They should have had this new way of inflow designed and ready to go before they gutted s10. Any normal person could see it would make sense to adjust/nerf s10, but that same normal person would think of a nice alternative ahead of time, and have it ready to replace the loss.
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

Not if they want to bleed credits out beforehand.

Of course this is Funcom we're talking about, so who knows. It's hard to distinguish stupid mistakes from intentional changes with them.

Dammit. Just before I finished my 150 MA, I knew I should have left him as a lvl60 twink like he's been for the last 5 years. I suppose it's back to the blitz grindstone for me once more.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Well for one thing they could make bounties drop from city raids. Not from every single mob but still with a decent rate. This would be money source to all lvl's and would still have cooldown that would prevent continues farming. + You would need a team to do it on some levels (and for ship ofc).

Well for one thing they could make bounties drop from city raids. Not from every single mob but still with a decent rate. This would be money source to all lvl's and would still have cooldown that would prevent continues farming. + You would need a team to do it on some levels (and for ship ofc).
    I actually agree with you on this idea.
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

You made easily 150m/hour in s10 from bounties...
    So would just need 7 people farming it for 1hour to generate 1 bil into game...

Rubbish! 150m = 38 tokens An average toon is lucky to farm 10-20 tokens an hour

Also.. Have you ever noticed the drop rates when it get's busy in there? token drops seem to go down (not sure of this, but feels like there's some mechanic at play which limits the drops, or used too!)

Quote Originally Posted by lyledesol View Post
    Rubbish! 150m = 38 tokens An average toon is lucky to farm 10-20 tokens an hour

Also.. Have you ever noticed the drop rates when it get's busy in there? token drops seem to go down (not sure of this, but feels like there's some mechanic at play which limits the drops, or used too!)
    Maybe we dont have avarage toons then? Or been extremely lucky.

Bad idea, as it would again skew the balance greatly towards players who have the gear and/or the proper profession to solo AI raids.

Cred faucets should be profession neutral and be as available to new/undergeared/solo players as they are to vets. Preferably they would also be less "farmy" than killing dozens of interchangeable aliens.

why not make RK missions WORTH doing? Like money rewards that are worth it? And not talking blitzing to get $, you would actually have to get a token, and the mission would need to not be all light green mobs.

Ive farmed s10 since it was introduced, had excellent toons of many professions including highest DDs out there that are crats, engis and MAs plus some average joes soldier from signature, shade, enf, trader ... and never seen 150 mln / h from bouties. My personal record was 120 mln but it was a miracle that happened only once just after a patch was introduced and i believe it was a bug of some kind plus conditions were strange as i was alone in there. If i were to determine cred income per hour for top end character of DD profession id say its 30 mln from bounties, 40-50 if he is really, really lucky but that comes from a guy that has only 4 active 150 twinks and 5th in making so you guys may know beter.

Quote Originally Posted by Xephonics View Post
    why not make RK missions WORTH doing? Like money rewards that are worth it? And not talking blitzing to get $, you would actually have to get a token, and the mission would need to not be all light green mobs.
    That's one thing I've suggested, but FC has had years to do something with the mission system, and so far they seem to be content with mere graphical changes and updates.

take out the bosses (2 years ago).
    now, take out the bounties for tokens and the $$ that allow me to afford some decent gear.
    take out the ICE. ( if that is all true)
    maybe ok with all that if or since we have other sources (better or not).
    but then, what was s10 for again?
    "tea party."
    Last edited by kiramisu; Oct 27th, 2011 at 07:49:57.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast