Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Frankenleet Mission Scaling

I was in a team yesterday that made it through 24 waves in the instance. To be honest, after we 'figured out how to do it' the biggest challenge was to stay focused enough and not do something stupid out of pure boredom (thank goodness for ventrilo and silly team mates).

At the end.. after about 2 1/2 hours or so we all ended up with a "We did it 24 times" type shirt and some random replica armor that I don't even think anyone looted that droped off a handful (literally) of mobs.

I have mixed feelings about the encounter. It is the ultimate 'bragging' rights type thing but we only got half way at about 2.5 hrs.. so that means a 4-5 hour encounter.. that is excessive.. especially considering people need food, bathroom and stretch your legs break. But, its different and for that I give a thumbs up to the designer... really long though.. or maybe I"ve just softened in my own old age.

Edit: Thinking about this later, I think that this is a cool halloween instance. I mean all of the major halloween phats are easily obtainable at all levels.. this is just something that a team of folks can do if they want.. just for bragging rights really. And being that a big part of Anarchy Online is about twinking and being "The Best" it is an appropriate thing to have someplace. We don't really have 'achievements' in this game like there are in some others.. this instance is an achievement and thus primarily its own reward.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Oct 27th, 2011 at 13:24:06.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I was in a team yesterday that made it through 24 waves in the instance. To be honest, after we 'figured out how to do it' the biggest challenge was to stay focused enough and not do something stupid out of pure boredom (thank goodness for ventrilo and silly team mates).

At the end.. after about 2 1/2 hours or so we all ended up with a "We did it 24 times" type shirt and some random replica armor that I don't even think anyone looted that droped off a handful (literally) of mobs.

I have mixed feelings about the encounter. It is the ultimate 'bragging' rights type thing but we only got half way at about 2.5 hrs.. so that means a 4-5 hour encounter.. that is excessive.. especially considering people need food, bathroom and stretch your legs break. But, its different for that thumbs up to the designer... really long though.. or maybe I"ve just softened in my own old age.
    so you grouped with bobdc and doob? (i'm guessing as they said theirs took about 2.5 hrs and they got the 24th wave t-shirt as well lol)
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Xephonics View Post
    so you grouped with bobdc and doob? (i'm guessing as they said theirs took about 2.5 hrs and they got the 24th wave t-shirt as well lol)
    No idea who doob is.. but it was me on Omegalife, Hapenny, Auztar, Bubbacrush, Bobdc and Taxcollector. Honestly a really good team of genuinely good players and if nothing else it was good to get to team with them for a bit
    You can find me at:

i wish that the final wave was a "Mr. Squeaky shirt" ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

That might be a tad too much, how about a lockpick with a new icon! Got to focus on the important things after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Hello,

The mobs in the instance aren't supposed to scale to your level, sorry for the confusion; they'll always be Lv 300. I allowed all levels to get the mission in the event a player wanted to loot a shirt on a lower-level char, or to get any of the other items that can be acquired from the encounter.
    I have to say that I am glad that I quitted after the horrible anniversary event.

What about the ones that don't want to noob up to 220 by dragging alts on follow?
    You know.. The ones that PLAY the game?
    Was thinking about logging in again after a few months afk, but after reading the forums I'm cured.
    I might log in to the Christmas event (If FC doesn't decide to "twink" it").
    This sounds almost as bad as the 220 only anniversary event that was "just as we intended" according to Kintaii.

This game is in serious need of new leadership.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

I'm not sure what the big deal is about the instance. I had two issues with the Nomad Rider anniversary event:

- You had to turn in 5,000 items to spawn it.. that was excessive.
    - It wasn't instanced, so if you did turn in the items you could be OD'd by another team or raid interface and not get the loot for the mob you worked to spawn.

I don't see anything wrong with having all of the loot for halloween drop everywhere else in the game, at all levels, and for them to put this one instance in the game that requires a team of 220's or TL7's to accomplish. If the instance was not implemtned, we'd still have all of our normal halloween phats.

Now the change to Lya's drop, that could be something to be annoyed about but this instance, not so much from what I can see. You can skip it entirely.. act as if its not even there and wouldn't have missed a thing.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I'm not sure what the big deal is about the instance. I had two issues with the Nomad Rider anniversary event:

- You had to turn in 5,000 items to spawn it.. that was excessive.
    - It wasn't instanced, so if you did turn in the items you could be OD'd by another team or raid interface and not get the loot for the mob you worked to spawn.

I don't see anything wrong with having all of the loot for halloween drop everywhere else in the game, at all levels, and for them to put this one instance in the game that requires a team of 220's or TL7's to accomplish. If the instance was not implemtned, we'd still have all of our normal halloween phats.

Now the change to Lya's drop, that could be something to be annoyed about but this instance, not so much from what I can see. You can skip it entirely.. act as if its not even there and wouldn't have missed a thing.
    I agree completely - I like the idea of the instance. I would even be willing to give up 5 hours (if I can avoid kid agg that long) to do it. To be honest, I've seen some orgmates complaining about it but I don't agree that 100% of social items should be available 100% of the time to 100% of players. I like the idea that there is something with no benefit but bragging rights for surviving the slog - bragging rights are excellent incentives w/out unbalancing anything. But then, I was one of those people who was miffed that old social was going to be buyable - there is something to be said for "been there, done that" and I think a lot of players enyoy it.

I also don't see how FC could win this one - either they were horrible for restricting it to 200+ or they were horrible for allowing lowbies to go in and die. But again, and I feel like this is becoming a mantra, I think they should have communicated it more clearly to the players so that if you were a level 100 doc you'd know not to pull the mission from the leets. Sure, they'd get some of the griping front-loaded but it would alleviate a lot of frustration from people not understanding the instance in advance.

This is sort of social content which works, painfull, but gives rights to brag. On other hands, what would be other options for christmas? Farm 500, 1000 or so items for something special? Also make those nodrop just for sake of it ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Well, they could've scaled the first wave, then had them get progressively harder (like those random alien attacks). Even free flash games have 'survival' modes. Might've been fun to see how many waves you could go before being overwhelmed, but the way it's made now? Eh...good for 220s but a bit of a missed opportunity IMO.

Funcom employee

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, I will not be able to apply any sort of proper level scaling to the instance in its current form for this Halloween, but there is always next year.

In the immediate, the strongest of the Entvined forces have been given some extra loot to help justify the effort needed to reach and defeat them. Also, you can expect the return of a particular set of seasonal armor that seems to have been forgotten in a far off pumpkin patch.

Keep an eye out for our next server downtime
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    I want the shirt to say "i did the holloween instance mission 733t TIMES and all i got was this t-shirt" ^_=
    This is my favourite quote of the day.
    Achiever 66%, Explorer 66%, Killer 40%, Socializer 26%

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it.

How does one actually get the tshirt? Is it looted? Given as a reward by an NPC? Spawn in your inventory after you reach a certain number of waves?
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombqueen View Post
    How does one actually get the tshirt? Is it looted? Given as a reward by an NPC? Spawn in your inventory after you reach a certain number of waves?
    When you fail, the NPC die, you have few minutes to loot the t-shirt in a chest where the NPC was, mobs left in the instance dont agg you anymore.

any strat for going far on this event ? we tried to kite, but sometimes they root >>> RIP
    Talmahera Adventurer, ACF Resistance 220/30 ¤ Gallya Engi 220/30 ¤ Amaruka Enfo 220/27 ¤ Lemulet Crat 220/23 ¤ Maherann Adv 200/24 ¤ Maheyem NT 165/23 ¤ Dunann Fixer 150/20 ¤ Conann Enfo 60/6

Ah Guess I got back too slow after we died. There wasn't anything there to loot beyond the boss corpses that had stuck around.
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

You made everything more accessible: leveling, loot, raiding, twinking. Yet you come out for Halloween with content that 1) almost no one wants to do (because it's not that fun/interesting and the rewards aren't that good, even in their category of social items) and 2) even if you do, chances are you won't find a team unless you're in a handful of orgs and 3) it's poorly advertised... ffs, ppl don't even know what the loot is (for example, just now, a friend says he won't join unless he knows for sure that some pirate shirt drops).

And I'm not against elitist content, but for Halloween?! That's your special fun stuff you worked on for this year? Considering lowbies don't even try it, do you realize how low is the percentage of players who will try it more than a couple of times? No need to answer, let this thread slide to page 2.

edit: so you added lya's armor, that's alot better, but I like how you kept the secret, got turned down by a doc because he "didn't need any more t-shirts".
    Last edited by kesh; Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:40:38.

The instance seems fun and challenging and the loot is lucrative to some. However i agree that maybe it could be advertised more (not sure how, as it was mentioned in the official site and everybody clicks to the new dialogue option with the leets). It is true that it is really hard to find teams for it.
    Maybe it was made a bit too hard. 50 waves seem excessive considering that most raid teams fail at around 20 something. Last time I did we failed at wave 10 and that was a decent team

Id suggest to make the entvined costume more easily reachable by players who dont want to spend more than 4 hours on a raid. after 20 waves it seems reasonable
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12