Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Frankenleet Mission Scaling

New Frankenleet Mission Scaling

Took two level 150 toons to do the new frankenleet mission - and got owned by two level 300 generals in a row. Is this thing supposed to scale with level or are the new frankenleet's missions only intended for teams of 220s?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

you should be able to solo the 300 gens on your 150's...

Is there any other reward than slaying 50 waves of mob, for sake of it?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    you should be able to solo the 300 gens on your 150's...
    Well you obviously havent played your 150 toon. They hit my 165 crat for 4.5k each and well lets just say they made very short work of my 6.6k hp.

Halloween team mission not scaling if its ment to

Make a team of any team level range and you get level 300 mobs, so if its suppose to scale to level it is not.

If its not suppose to why can TL5 and lower get the mission?

Just to mess with us. I wonder if a level 1 can pull the mission too....

Funcom employee

Hello,

The mobs in the instance aren't supposed to scale to your level, sorry for the confusion; they'll always be Lv 300. I allowed all levels to get the mission in the event a player wanted to loot a shirt on a lower-level char, or to get any of the other items that can be acquired from the encounter.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

so let me get this clear.... the all time expected reward is a freaking tshirt ?! i noticed you said 'other rewards from this instance'... any info as to what exactly ? are they solely dropping from this instance ? my team has been in there for 4h.. wtb some good news before i kill FC.

Very nasty of you to make them break roots/snares, bad michy!
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Wishy View Post
    so let me get this clear.... the all time expected reward is a freaking tshirt ?! i noticed you said 'other rewards from this instance'... any info as to what exactly ? are they solely dropping from this instance ? my team has been in there for 4h.. wtb some good news before i kill FC.
    The main reward of the instance is a t-shirt which displays how many waves of Entvined you were able to defeat while keeping the Enigma Sage alive.

Periodically, a particularly strong Entvined soldier will emerge who has a few Halloween gifts from previous years. Also, there is a unique set of social armor for any team who is able to complete the encounter.

Best of luck!
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

I want the shirt to say "i did the holloween instance mission 733t TIMES and all i got was this t-shirt" ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    The main reward of the instance is a t-shirt which displays how many waves of Entvined you were able to defeat while keeping the Enigma Sage alive.

Periodically, a particularly strong Entvined soldier will emerge who has a few Halloween gifts from previous years. Also, there is a unique set of social armor for any team who is able to complete the encounter.

Best of luck!
    So 50 waves of more and more mobs ... for a set of social armor???

You must be joking ...

Colrain

p.s. ... and no I did not do 50 waves, just heard that was how many it took.

It's a seasonal thing to do for fun/bragging rights.
    Not everything has to give stat boosts you big babies.

Shouldve made it scale IMO. Not everyone has a 220 and should have the right to earn any of the holiday loot :/ just sayin
    Last edited by Nanopwner; Oct 27th, 2011 at 01:48:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanopwner View Post
    Shouldve made it scale IMO. Not everyone has a 220 and should have the right to earn any of the holiday loot :/ just sayin
    Wait, you didn't know that AO is unplayable without a pocket 220?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanopwner View Post
    Yeah.

As a new player, between this and the last patch (with the db3) Feels like the dev's are telling me to get out my med suit and gb2 kite hill...
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Backtrack even further back to the Anniversary Fail-Raid. ALL the content we've seen of late is geared for endgame, save for S7, and while that's marginally fine for regular content, special event content should NOT be endgame content, but fun for all levels. It doesn't need to be uber loot, or all about the power, but what it needs to be is

A) Fun for everyone
    B) In fitting with the event it's for.

I mean, it's Halloween, Charlie Brown! Have us have to clear someone's house (misson) out that's been haunted by ghosts (spirit MOBs), have us have to stop a plague of zombies (well, Omni-R&D bio-mutations gone horribly wrong, but who doesn't like a blatent Resident Evil reference this time of year?), or you know, have us go to an instance where we have to catch and defeat Uncle Pumpkin Rider! (Sleepy Hollow, anyone?) - a million things I can think of that has the player going "OH YEAH! This is HalloWEEN! On Rubi-ka!"

And seriously, if Christmas rolls around, and any new Holiday Event you come up with is "non-220s need not apply", I'm going to seriously consider going to another MMO and staying there. If it's your desire to get every player to 220 as fast as possible and only THEN allow them to do stuff, you should just put a big red button in the middle of each city that when pressed levels you to 220 and just get it over with. >_<
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

It's pretty sad that only those with 220s or big active orgs can get the items. Not the newer or lower levelled players. It's not as if the loot is 220 end game gear either, unlike the DB instances which would justify a fixed end game difficulty level.

How hard would it have been to make the mob level scale to the team level ranges? Maybe one range per TL, or it scales to average team level with a short instance lock to prevent sneaking in a 220 after lowbies have created one. That way lower levelled characters can participate for their rewards by actually playing and having fun instead of being sugar daddied
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

One stupid instance? All the loot is still mostly from regular mobs which come from various levels. No, the Enigma Entvined mission isn't worth it. Some replica loot, not sure if there is anything else in it...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveshirts View Post
    Well you obviously havent played your 150 toon. They hit my 165 crat for 4.5k each and well lets just say they made very short work of my 6.6k hp.
    well you should probably twink your crat then...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast