Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: lya's armor drops?

lya's armor drops?

so, i remember in years past i was able to farm lya's armor on outdoor uncle pumpkinhead mobs for lower lvl toons... and this year (as of this patch) nobody seems to be finding any on outdoor UPH, only in personal missions from the leets.
    is that intentional? the drops changed to only be on indoor UPH? or is it maybe a bug?

someone let me know plz, ty
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

Funcom employee

This is correct - The Lya's set is currently only dropping from the mission Pumpkin-heads.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Eww, that's an unfortunate change.

well, anyone that had waited all year to farm armor to make a lowbie twink or bank some armor to update their stuff later - your dreams just got dashed... that's a foolish move on FCs part in my opinion, and i wonder why it all of a sudden became necessary?
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

I just noticed Kintaii said "currently" - was that intended to mean that Lya's will be updated into UPH tables at a later point this Halloween (like post-party) or that does it actually mean "from now on"?

Bad Change imho , getting Glasses for Twinks will now take Ages -.-
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

lol getting anything for twinks will be impossible, since you need much higher ql of the armor than the lvl of the twink...
    i think the idea of that change was to stop competition for areas and accidental tower attack spam, but an easier less controversial way of solving that would be to make lyas armor yesdrop...

Yeah, except then people would be farming it even harder so they could sell it six months later at a ridiculous price.

but at some point (very quickly) the price would stabilize since there would already be tons of it in circulation, and it would in fact solve the problem of people competing for camping spots/accidental tower messages...

even if it ended up getting sold at high prices (wouldnt be that expensive even for top ql) anything would be preferable to it not being obtainable in the qls you need/want ever again...

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Yeah, except then people would be farming it even harder so they could sell it six months later at a ridiculous price.

Yes but in the current State of Lyas Armor being NODROP they will just copy the Key before , hand it to a Mule and then sell Lootrights at High Prices ....
    Hmmm maybe i should do exactly this and offer LR for 1B a Piece
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are free Players

Is this a bug? I'd like to think such a senseless change was unintended, and that you didn't make yet another stealth nerf after we just got done sifting thru unannounced changes in the last patch...

Hmm, so I just farm with my 220 eng ;D If I wanted much more money...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

yep lol now everyone gets held at ransom for the armor they want/need cuz they arent able to farm it themselves and have to pay ridiculous amounts of cred to the people that can get it...

Would like to know the reasoning behind this. Now there will be no Halloween pvp, the only time of year something different happened.

My personal opinion is that the current devs only really care about RP, and prioritize social gear.
    Arcticangel 220 adv
    Arctica 220 soldier
    Labbetuss 220 engi
    Glacier 220 crat
    Mullophys 213 MP
    ---------------------------------
    General of Ragnarok

Another kick to 30 days free players...hoping to atleast farm something ...wtb fix and bring in the roaming nomads atleast ^_= the've better soical armor!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

yeh, this has totally killed my fun for this holliday... theres no reason to bother killing outdoor UPHs, cuz now they dont drop anything except social crap (which people will get 1 each of the backpacks then just grind leet mishes) but that for the most part nobody wants... this is a big deal, and for alot of people was the whole reason to kill anything different than aliens on halloween...

Time for me to start selling stupidly overpriced loot with my engy . Thanks FunCom
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

This game will soon return to a stable player base of 37 gridstream production fans.

(I have nothing against GSP - in case someone misunderstands me)
    Arcticangel 220 adv
    Arctica 220 soldier
    Labbetuss 220 engi
    Glacier 220 crat
    Mullophys 213 MP
    ---------------------------------
    General of Ragnarok

I usually spend Halloween farming Lya's and giving away the lootrights to froobs. I guess that's over.

Did spend about 1 Hour blazing with 220 MA trough Old Skool Lool Leet-Missions as fast as i could , 9 Mishes gave me :

1 Pillow , 1 Crit-Shades , all other Pumpkins were empty beside the Cherrycandy

Anyone else had more Luck with Lyas?
    Anyone looted a Treatment-Pistol so far ?

To Devs/Content Desginers : Good Job Guys in making a Event less Fun than ever before..... will be hard to make the next one even worse .....
    Last edited by Dollcet; Oct 26th, 2011 at 22:41:27. Reason: 101% frustation , guess it shows .....
    -----
    -----
    -there are free Players

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast