Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 28th, 2011 - Happy Halloween!

So, years after the introduction of bounties to S10, someone finally notices the area is not being "used as intended". Better late than never?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    I dare you to present one single other indicator of inflation than prices rising.
    Hey I'm not here to write an essay, just to troll!
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Its also cannot ever be called as inflation. Inflation is when prices of (almost) everything skyrocket. Only 4 items had this effect: iGoC, Supple armors (CC and CSS), Inf Boots and HHaB. Inf Boots and HHaB cause their supple is running low, since they are all being turned into nodrop rings. iGoC and Supple? Lets say that a ceirtain player bought then all when they was 400M'ish and resold at higher price.
    i bought my first goc for 90m back before igocs were invented and most people said lol overpriced xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Thakns Means

Personally I am glad bounties were removed. All of the problems cited in the original post, I have had happen to me. So from my perspecitve an excellent move.

As far as new better equipment for new players I think there might be a simple solution although implementing it would require some thought. There is a lot of specialy armor (mantis, junk metal, dragon, cyborg death squad, merc, Lions, etc) and dyna weapons Manix, Div-9s, X-3, etc.) that are not bad. Just not up to current standards. Perhaps a "general upgrade to make this old school equipment more in line with current expectations would allow new (and froob) players to have decent equipment/weapons available at all levels without driving a lot of development cost. If there are holes in the weapons/equipment for a specific profession, it sould be relatively easy to add profession specific armor (or take the profession limits off existing armor).

Please do not go the path taken on the weapons upgrades as that was notably unsuccessful. Rather just do a general improvement to make the old school items more comperable to newer equipment.

Still like the change

How long will the Halloween festivities last this year?

Can we please get an official word on the earliest that they will be removed?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Hmm, so all the high cost talk or a lot of it is about AI armor.

My suggestion. Nuke AI armor by making it no better than Tier armor. Hmm bot farming would go WAY down. Less ICE would be needed. New players would not see 800M for a piece of armor anymore as Tier can be farmed fairly easy with a little help.

This would make Miy's a very viable armor and we all know Miy's drops pretty well if you actually take the time to go hunt the right mobs.

Don't care if people think it is a crappy idea. AI armor is over powered in many ways and nuking it now before the rush of new players would be a good time to do it.

It would also have the effect of changing what weapons players could twink on toons and might just force some new configs to appear.

Anyway, if FC is in the mood to keep players pissed for a month or so longer then please nuke AI armor and remove a constant complaint about high price "must have" (which it is not) armor.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Hmm, so all the high cost talk or a lot of it is about AI armor.

My suggestion. Nuke AI armor by making it no better than Tier armor. Hmm bot farming would go WAY down. Less ICE would be needed. New players would not see 800M for a piece of armor anymore as Tier can be farmed fairly easy with a little help.

This would make Miy's a very viable armor and we all know Miy's drops pretty well if you actually take the time to go hunt the right mobs.

Don't care if people think it is a crappy idea. AI armor is over powered in many ways and nuking it now before the rush of new players would be a good time to do it.

It would also have the effect of changing what weapons players could twink on toons and might just force some new configs to appear.

Anyway, if FC is in the mood to keep players pissed for a month or so longer then please nuke AI armor and remove a constant complaint about high price "must have" (which it is not) armor.

Lheann, I love this I agree 100%

there are so many things that could be tweaked and adjusted with the old classic RK items and weapons

P.S Be prepared to have a fan following in game now as i do, they are a friendly bunch that send notes of appreciation and admiration in the form of hate tells

or make a 4th level of tier, that is comparable to AI armor.
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

Or increase leadbot droprates. That would lower the prices and everyone would be happy.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    They don't? I guess if "make credits" you mean wholesale, constant creditfarming, then no.
    Oh, yeah, totally meant "Credits in large numbers." I've finally got a bit over 10mil, and I'm happy as a clam!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Or increase leadbot droprates. That would lower the prices and everyone would be happy.
    Do both IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Xephonics View Post
    Penultimate OFAB is Tier 4 already actually
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

Tier armor can be farmed easily - now. You obviously have no idea how things looked when Tier was in fact, commonly used armor.

Very few things have scared away more newcomers from this game then having to compete against 5 concealed Agents for FRN from Ely dryads.

Quote Originally Posted by Xephonics View Post
    No no no. We don't need more super powered items in the game. I am a strong hater of adding more and more items that just top the last bunch. And making a Tier 4 would require all the work to adding places to farm the items for it. Nuking AI armor is a much easier fix for the dev team.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    i bought my first goc for 90m back before igocs were invented and most people said lol overpriced xD
    Well but that's the thing, people always complain it's overpriced. I've heard people say that for a bottle of Pepsi.

The price increase is due to the demand increase, not the overal credit supply.

@drainbamage: I believe it is quite easy enough to get to S10 and be competative therein in order to become part of the subset generating money. Granted not every newb could get there, but it was certainly a better motivator to keep playing then it is now.

If a newb (not an alt, a newb) is playing the game and wants to know how to afford some of the greatest armour out there being told that it's only really useful at level 150+ and then once you get there you can get the money for it yourself fairly quickly chances are they'd stick around to check it out.

That's certainly more motivation to me to keep playing then: Oh ya... there's no point in striving for that because you'll have to grind out months of stuff just to get enough money to buy one thing. And no whining cause "thats the proper way to play".
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    Tier armor can be farmed easily - now. You obviously have no idea how things looked when Tier was in fact, commonly used armor.

Very few things have scared away more newcomers from this game then having to compete against 5 concealed Agents for FRN from Ely dryads.
    Could make 500-1000mil per day doing that, good times
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

No no no. We don't need more super powered items in the game. I am a strong hater of adding more and more items that just top the last bunch. And making a Tier 4 would require all the work to adding places to farm the items for it. Nuking AI armor is a much easier fix for the dev team.
    I'm not a fan of making it harder to solo/duo/trio content when there are less people to play with...

And nuking the good armor would do just that.
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Siyra View Post
    @drainbamage: I believe it is quite easy enough to get to S10 and be competative therein in order to become part of the subset generating money. Granted not every newb could get there, but it was certainly a better motivator to keep playing then it is now.

If a newb (not an alt, a newb) is playing the game and wants to know how to afford some of the greatest armour out there being told that it's only really useful at level 150+ and then once you get there you can get the money for it yourself fairly quickly chances are they'd stick around to check it out.
    That's rather dubious reasoning to me. I could ask how many people quit in frustration because they felt that they had to stay at 150 indefinitely. Parking your character and farming for credits does not seem like very compelling gameplay to me.

And frankly, I don't think the greatest armour out there should be bought at all.
    That's certainly more motivation to me to keep playing then: Oh ya... there's no point in striving for that because you'll have to grind out months of stuff just to get enough money to buy one thing. And no whining cause "thats the proper way to play".
    I've been a pretty strong supporter for easier access to better gear for players that are new and/or poor, so I'm not sure what your point is here.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    So, years after the introduction of bounties to S10, someone finally notices the area is not being "used as intended". Better late than never?
    yeah lol. better to BS people than to admit a mistake.

people have been talking about s10 bounties on these forums as long as they have existed, and discussing twinks and farming of zee bounties. if they really just did notice s10 not being used as intended recently, then we should all be scared O.O
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

I thank Crys for explaining what I attempted to explain to the rest of the crowd.

My business English isn't so good.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast