Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 28th, 2011 - Happy Halloween!

I'm just using the general forum clichés when talking about things. Dead in a week is the general talk about everything.

Gauntlet is the first instance in ages that will not be dead in a week because it doesn't allow back to back farming.

In regards to sector 10, then we don't know what's going on with that in the future. It was clearly stated that bounties disappearing NOW was a mistake, and that there were going to be much bigger changes associated with it than just removing bounties for the sake of it.
    That part is just ignored by everyone. What if the future of S10 is no different than now, with a purpose to farm it existing.

Of course, since that part is ignored, everyone will in a month come crying about how they all leveled their perfect 150 twinks and now that sector 10 as promised was updated they are all going to quit because noone told them so... It'll be fun again to see how it's completely impossible to communicate anything to people playing the game.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Id be willing to bet there where NO plans to update s10 BEFORE the forum drama.
    If there had been, it wouldnt have taken 4 days to adress the MOST commented on thread on the forums and means "oh we're going ot do this, or maybe this" comment in his fwm post would have been FAR less vague.

I've been here long enough to spot "dev team back peddling" when i see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Everyone is in such a panic about having to buy AI armor for every toon or ICE dropping constantly from the heavens...

Before the social tab was added to the game, we had a 200-205 fat atrox enforcer in our org that successfully tanked Inf mishes for the org's 160ish toons in QL200 imps, T2 chest/sleeves/gloves, Pen glasses, Inf boots, clan sided shoulderpads & a thong for at least 2 missions per night, every night, for months. He did his job as an enforcer, so no one claimed he was gimp. We jokingly complained at having to look at his backside, but never about his capability to play his profession.

The reason he did it? He wanted to make sure the org was getting enough CRU so we could have a city raid afterward & he could roll for leadbots to build his own ql300 combined armor, which he ultimately got before hitting 220 without buying it.

P.S.: We're still waiting to know how long the Halloween content will remain on the servers.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Theres about 8 people logged in on RK2.

anyone feel like theres been an acute slowdown lately?

I can't find ANYONE to do ANYTHING with.

Theres 3 people on LFT.

WTF FC.

I'm [] this close to packing it in and start reading up on SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Theres about 8 people logged in on RK2.

anyone feel like theres been an acute slowdown lately?

I can't find ANYONE to do ANYTHING with.

Theres 3 people on LFT.

WTF FC.

I'm [] this close to packing it in and start reading up on SWTOR.
    I can tell you that SWTOR is a singleplayer game with other people running around. Think Mass Effect, but there are other people running around doing what you do with your party of NPCs, but they're doing it with their own party of NPCs. The same quests and dialogue styles, but it's just online instead of offline. Meaning that nothing you ever do makes any changes or progresses any story, other than the one that centers around your character.
    But what does that matter when the entire world is full of guys doing the exact same quest that you're doing, having the same experiences, saying the same things. Isn't the whole point of having singleplayer games with cinematic storylines that you get to play the big hero, see the world saved at the end as you stand triumphant? Now how hollow is that idea when there's right here next to you 5000 other guys doing the exact same thing?

They've found a way to make you subscribe to Mass Effect, because that's better than trying to sell you a new copy every other year. Will you buy into that hype, or do you think that this sounds like the best thing ever?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Tanisthonus View Post
    Alright, I'll admit my previous responses to this thread have just been throwing tidbits out there for no good reason, mostly, but this is a legitimate question.

Like what? I know OFAB, but OFAB is all VP, and I'm not really a PVPer. I know there's the PVP Daily, and that is easy, but is that it? Just grind VP to get my armor? Is Tier 3 any good anymore? With how easy to get Miy's is, I feel it's not a real choice, just one to hold someone over.
    This depends on your level. But since we are talking about the RBP here I'm going to present to you a viable option for everyone at any level you can equip the RBP.

It is called Cloak of the Reanimated [input type here] (X/5).

Saying that there are no choice in what armor to use is just silly. You mentioned some choice’s yourself, and there are several others. You don't need to have the best armor equipped while you are levelling or in end game for that matter. If you think like that, then you will need to upgrade your AI armor for every level gained because, now you can get a bit higher abilities and therefore you are able to equip 1 ql higher armor.

You don't need AI armor, but it is nice to have.

PS: the beautiful thing about this game is that you can mix and match armor too! Use what is available to you, and upgrade as you go.

Was it intended for players to camp the final boss in the gauntlet where he spawns? or was that an accident too?

Maybe it's a bit different for a TSer but I have a pack in my bank marked "twinking weapons" that'll be used just for TSing at higher levels. Point? I have the same thing for bits of armour I've picked up here and there. As far as I can see there's no "best armour", only "best armour for that toon at that level doing that job at that time". But then I like a challenge.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by MidgarClan View Post
    Was it intended for players to camp the final boss in the gauntlet where he spawns? or was that an accident too?
    Heh you can log out at the boss area or just stay there?
    The Red Brotherhood

Another supporter of removing bounties from S10. Anything that helps deal with the hypr-inflation has my support. It has gotten to the point where I simply refuse to go to S10 because of the farmers. Will be nice to be able to go back there. It seems that complaints about alien armor are somewhat specious as that has nothing really to do with S10 bounties and massive cridits. One farmer bragged of being able, on a good run, to make up to 300M credits and hour with his MA/DOC team.

Further, Almonora seems to have the right of it. If there is concern that froob are being priced out of the market for everything from implants to armor to special drops, then a potential solution would be to improve dyna weapons to more current speeds/damage/specials. This has the benefit of one fix making all levels of the gun better. So not a ton of fixes needed. For armor, improve the tradeskill armor (junkmetal, Barter, Mantic, etc.) and special armor drops from Biodome/mercs, etc. This would make decent armor available to froobs and casual players. Even modest improvements to Miy armor would have a similar effect.

A bit off the topic of bounties, but it seems this time fc has fixed a major problem that a few simple tweaks (as much as anything is simple in the code for this game) can easily rectify.

Good job
    Last edited by ylnotixe; Nov 1st, 2011 at 16:48:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I can tell you that SWTOR is a singleplayer game with other people running around
    In comparison, AO is a single player game with no other people running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    In comparison, AO is a single player game with no other people running around.
    But only because of the fact that there are no people. They haven't completely turned it into WoW yet.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by ylnotixe View Post
    Another supporter ... One farmer bragged of being able, on a good run, to make up to 300M credits and hour with his MA/DOC team.
    These types of comments make me laugh. 300M credits = 75 bounties = a kill every 48 seconds and every one that DROPS a bounty. Simply not true no matter how much the pf may be an issue for credit increase in game. I know my luck sucks, but geesh I was happy with a bounty every 6-7 kills.

So, lets stop the ridiculous claims and just live with the fact that FC has decided it didn't like the mechanics in the pf and is/has changed/changing it.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 3rd, 2011 at 16:00:45. Reason: fixed broken quote tag
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

There are a number of posts here with Good idea's to help make it easier for newer players to make credits to get their stuff and/or to make some of the 'old' armor and equipment more useful comparable to the new armor/equipment. Funcom should consider at least some of these to offset taking away the S10 bounty from the loot tables. I agree it was probably a good idea to take the bounties out as it was getting so no one but S10 farmers/twinks could get anything in S10.

However ...

I completely disagree with removing the ICE from the loot tables.

I have no desire to have to spend a substantial amount of my play-time doing team missions over and over just to find CRU, leaving me no time to spend on City raids. With the current drop rate on lead bots it takes hundreds of raids to get the pieces you need to make a set of armor.

So either put ICE back in the S10 loot tables ... or make every City general and ship admiral drop lead bots and viral bots ... 100% drop rate for lead bots ... with equal chance for supple, strong, etc.

Yes, I do mean lead bots should drop on Every City General and Ship Admiral or else put ICE back in S10 loot table.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    There are a number of posts here with Good idea's to help make it easier for newer players to make credits to get their stuff and/or to make some of the 'old' armor and equipment more useful comparable to the new armor/equipment. Funcom should consider at least some of these to offset taking away the S10 bounty from the loot tables. I agree it was probably a good idea to take the bounties out as it was getting so no one but S10 farmers/twinks could get anything in S10.

However ...

I completely disagree with removing the ICE from the loot tables.

I have no desire to have to spend a substantial amount of my play-time doing team missions over and over just to find CRU, leaving me no time to spend on City raids. With the current drop rate on lead bots it takes hundreds of raids to get the pieces you need to make a set of armor.

So either put ICE back in the S10 loot tables ... or make every City general and ship admiral drop lead bots and viral bots ... 100% drop rate for lead bots ... with equal chance for supple, strong, etc.

Yes, I do mean lead bots should drop on Every City General and Ship Admiral or else put ICE back in S10 loot table.

Kinnik
    I agree - but I don't see this as an either/or situation - why not do both?

Put ICE back into s10 (and other places, like alien gens) but also increase the drop lead bot rate. City ground raids need an increased drop rate and the ship admirals need a bigger rate increase than ground (similar to coon room chance at least).
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    I agree - but I don't see this as an either/or situation - why not do both?

Put ICE back into s10 (and other places, like alien gens) but also increase the drop lead bot rate. City ground raids need an increased drop rate and the ship admirals need a bigger rate increase than ground (similar to coon room chance at least).
    I agree with Kinnikinnick's post also regarding ICE being put back into the loot table for S10. I am not sure adding ICE to the loot table for City generals makes sense with the story line though, maybe. Of course it is prolly more correct for ship admirals to drop more lead bots than ground raid City generals as you suggested.

Another possibility if FC is opposed to putting ICE back into the S10 loot tables, then make the Daily Attuned CRU mission drop a 75-100% yes-drop non-unique CRU instead of only a 25% unique Nodrop one. Then I can do a Daily CRU mission with my toons, but collect/store my CRU on one toon, vs cycling thru a list of toons in order to start a raid.

So, FC ...
    If you won't make Attuned CRU bigger and yes-drop non-unique, then at least make them 100% so one toon can start a raid.

Of course the increased drop rate on lead bots can be done also ...

Colrain

Since we're talking CRU updates - make every boss (indoor & outdoor) drop CRU at a 80-90% chance with the CRU ql = bosslevel/2. If you can't code CRU in, make it another item that gets turned in to Sprysi D'Lere for a yesdrop CRU. If you kill a level 200ish boss mob you get a very good chance of having an ai raid as a reward. And give my froob orgmates something else actively useful to sell to those who don't have time to farm and raid.

I love RK missions to the point that I'm one of the only paid players in my org that considers them a reasonable level alternative and even now I don't get enough CRU to make it worthwhile. I've got an engi that does team missions whenever I have low-grade kid agg and I haven't seen any CRU on the last 30 bosses. One of our froob members gives me the CRU he finds in team missions - and he does hours of them. I get about one every other day. That's just not reasonable. If we were trying to farm for CRU I'd be banging my head into the desk with frustration by now.

We as players have gotten accustomed to AI raids regularly. The only team AI daily that isn't in an APF involves killing a city general. Ripping the bottom out of the CRU supply doesn't seem wise on any level. There is no good way of going back to when AI started, when raiding was rare, cities hard to keep up, and teams who died on ships were pleased they made it past Channeler.

I think some people intentionally misconstrue comments on the forums. Anyway, I only said the guy bragged about making up to 300M an hour on a good run. My guess is that a large part of this was from bounties, but there are a number of other parts (matrix, ICE, etc.) that drop in S10 that sell as well. The point was that bounties were part of the problem, but certainly not the only source of credits from S10. I expect there will still be credit farmers in S10, but probably not as numerous as before. Perhaps this clarifies.

I would agree that ICE needs to make a comeback, or some other means (pardon the pun) of getting reasonable amounts of CRU relatively quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ylnotixe View Post
    I think some people intentionally misconstrue comments on the forums. Anyway, I only said the guy bragged about making up to 300M an hour on a good run. My guess is that a large part of this was from bounties, but there are a number of other parts (matrix, ICE, etc.) that drop in S10 that sell as well. The point was that bounties were part of the problem, but certainly not the only source of credits from S10. I expect there will still be credit farmers in S10, but probably not as numerous as before. Perhaps this clarifies.

I would agree that ICE needs to make a comeback, or some other means (pardon the pun) of getting reasonable amounts of CRU relatively quickly.
    No intent to misconstrue anything. Too many have made the same types of "made this much xxx/hr claims in s10 - so Nerf It" threads - not directing at you, but these have created an aura of "truth" with some and I merely demonstrated those types of claims are utter nonsense. My fear is that many actually believe the claims, which in itself is sad.

The only source of "new" credits are the bounties - the other items are player-to-player transfers and had no effect to the game (in regards to the inflation claims). We need to keep in mind "credit farming" and "item farming" do not have the same effect to the overall # of credits in-game.
    Utopia

The individual only claimed that he could make that much in "about an hour on a good run." Personally, the only reason I have gone to S10 recently was on the forlorn hope of getting some relays and some ICE. With the farmers, even that was notable unsuccessful. Obviously others who have personal experience farming the sector have different experiences then the only person I know who farms the sector regularly claims to have made. And yes, there is some difference between the credit influx from the bounties and item farming, although farmers in general often exhibit the same agressive, if not obnoxious, behavior whether hunting bounties or items.

To me the issue is the behavior of the farmers. IF the rewards remain great enough, regardless if bounties or other, the farmers will remain and impact others ability to play the sector.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast