Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 28th, 2011 - Happy Halloween!

was funny, had this thread and ingot thread open at the same time... started reading ingot thread and forgot it wasn't this thread. good stuff. nothin better than a time capsule to remind you that nothing ever changes.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Deflation does not exist in MMO markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    Deflation does not exist in MMO markets.
    Not so long as the people in charge let themselves be influenced by those who think that simply removing income is the solution.

The ingot thread shows this all to clearly, shows that Funcom has done this before - removed what they saw as to large an income source in the.. hope?.. that it would deflate the market. And now look, here we are again, doing the same thing with the same hopes while the same problem lies in the background being ignored.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

So today I decided to look at other options to make credits that newer players pre-220 might try. The almighty team mission was a let down. A 198 team mission offered 57-80K depending on just how far you had to travel. Hello a 150 can make that in minutes (one pearl uncut exactly) farming say "Under the Rock" in Nasc for lowbie pearls. But at 150 with help and serious time expended that 57-80K plus there part of the loot if they are lucky is what 200K for 30 minutes to 1 hour of their effort. Solo RK missions are same story.

So it comes down to farming RK dyna bosses that are green/gray for rare nano's to sell in a player shop or on the shopping channel (haha!) for decent credits. Of course as the population gets smaller this becomes less of a market.

I refuse to say basic armor is an option just because everyone will be doing it and frankly I can get two suppliers to bid each other down most nights simply by asking in chat for a set and then bidding them against each other. When more folks have sets to sell it will be even cheaper.

I still think bounties being removed was good thing. But given the state of prices and the high cost of owning a city, new players and the orgs they create will have a challenge ahead of them.

But consider this the buy a stack of 25 new stims it cost almost more than the team mission pays. So if you are not top notch and heal with stims a good bit the team missions and solo mission could become loss leaders. A reminder to FC, at launch stims sold in stacks of 5 and it was a loss leader use them. That is why today they were in stacks of 25. So that you could use them and in the time you used up a stack of them you had more than needed to replace them. I think that is in the 12.2 or 12.3 patch notes if you want to go digging for change.

Just saying right now FC has us in a messy state. I sure am hoping the rest of the changes come faster than rebalance and engine.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

There are options to gain money - still in game. But some reuires time, others effort. Said basic Armor - good profit, since ppl pay 30-35M for set (saw today shopping channels few times with such price). ICE is profit also (20M per bag), there are mentioned nanos from Dyna, and, whats important, regular nanos (basicly, I see that enf/doc nanos are rare item in player shop, which makes them worth somethimers more then regullar: Mongo Crush! for 15M went in matter of minutes, also Behe and CS was sold for 5M - so, there is demand, it sets a price). There are also mentioned missions+loot. Ql 200 mish gives around 2.5M of junk loot, somethimes more if you are lucky. Besides this one there are AI spawns in City and, tbh various other metods to make money. Myself never was in Sector10, I dont farm statics for Improved Nanos - I do missions+AI spawns+ some services (Foremans, shopping for other factions, farming some stuff here and there) It gives me stable profit daily for 1hr of work, which is fine for me.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    But consider this the buy a stack of 25 new stims it cost almost more than the team mission pays. So if you are not top notch and heal with stims a good bit the team missions and solo mission could become loss leaders. A reminder to FC, at launch stims sold in stacks of 5 and it was a loss leader use them. That is why today they were in stacks of 25. So that you could use them and in the time you used up a stack of them you had more than needed to replace them. I think that is in the 12.2 or 12.3 patch notes if you want to go digging for change.
    or you could invite a MP into your team :'(
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    PS. best part of that thread is that I think only a few of the posters still play.
    No the best part of that thread shows the demographic shift in AO of people playing for fun > people playing for $$$$
    bai2u!
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    No the best part of that thread shows the demographic shift in AO of people playing for fun > people playing for $$$$
    so grinding the same content over and over for endgame gear drops is more fun than grinding the same content over and over to get money to buy it? Seems about the same to me. Except you don't (didn't) have to wait for hours/days to get a team to grind the money.
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

I think you're just kidding yourself ... people were just as desperate to make credits then as they are now. I don't feel that the excitement expressed in that thread are from people that only played for fun ... alot of that was from people that expected some dramatic change in the economy when the ingots were removed to something more like pre-SL levels. It never happened. Maybe that would be more true pre-SL, but at that point, it was the same then as it is now ... get credits, level up ASAP and equip endgame.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I dunno, I remember NT ingot farmers being hounded on the brinks or slammed on the forums back in the day. There was certainly a different attitude towards playing-for-profit then
    bai2u!

A small note about AO and credit farming,.. did you know that the SL Pearls now work properly, and when 'Cut' their value increases significantly? It used to be that a Pearl, 'Uncut' worth 250k credits dropped to like 6500c after it was cut. That same Pearl now is closer to 650k credits when cut.

Just thought I'd point out this 'fixed' source of credit farming.

Cheers!

P.S. while farming SL dungeons for pearls, you may also run across "Weird Looking" nanos in chests and some can be very valuable.
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    So today I decided to look at other options to make credits that newer players pre-220 might try. The almighty team mission was a let down. A 198 team mission offered 57-80K depending on just how far you had to travel.
    That's just the mission reward, right? The trick is to kill the boss, loot all the trash he drops, and vendor it at your favourite shop terminal. From back when I was running CRU missions, I seem to recall that the trash loot from a high-ish level boss can easily net you 500k to a mill.
    (and there's the chance for CRU, which may or may not regain some of its old value if ICE stays out of S10).
    Hlep gnak!

OK, after just having read through seventeen pages back and forth on the same issue, I'd say you have beaten this dead horse into the ground, and there are now maggots flying through the air. Give it a rest already.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    That's just the mission reward, right? The trick is to kill the boss, loot all the trash he drops, and vendor it at your favourite shop terminal. From back when I was running CRU missions, I seem to recall that the trash loot from a high-ish level boss can easily net you 500k to a mill.
    (and there's the chance for CRU, which may or may not regain some of its old value if ICE stays out of S10).
    Well early in this thread it was suggested "blitzing" team missions for CRU. In that case the mission reward matters a great deal. Since that reward and the CRU sale is all the credits you really can count on. Boss loot value is completely random and have I had bosses drop less than 50k in junk. I was looking at the reward as a "guarenteed payment" for my effort of blitzing. As you said CRU is only a chance. So there is a good change that a blitz run will net 100k credits or so.

Anyway you cut it. We have to work for credits now and since my org gives up 157m a month in city rent we have a bit more work than others. We are clearly doing our part of sending credits out of the system at that rent rate.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

I still haven't seen an answer on how long Halloween will be up this year - or if there was one I missed it in the 17 pages.

Take the rest of the discussion to this thread.. Keep it to suggestions and not complaints. Last warning.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrajayne View Post
    I still haven't seen an answer on how long Halloween will be up this year - or if there was one I missed it in the 17 pages.
    You're not the only one waiting for an answer. I've been asking for over a week now, with no response.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Just stop. Asking you to stop one argument was not an invitation to start another. Questions are allowed. Just let it go already.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

I dunno, I remember NT ingot farmers being hounded on the brinks or slammed on the forums back in the day. There was certainly a different attitude towards playing-for-profit then
    Yeah. But that's just because there's nothing else to do.

Can I have cake nao?!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast