Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 28th, 2011 - Happy Halloween!

made mid level completly useless i hunt symbs to sell to the 150 toons and do a bit also ...nothing gona change moneywise the nts will get richer and the hecks in p7 aint scared of 220s whole mid level is screwed .....well done means

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    That teletubby costume is too asian.
    Your face is too asian.

I remember all the hoopla that went around when ingots were removed from the drop table. Now there was a huge source of unfiltered credits into the economy. Other than removing them, FC also had to make some credit sinks to soak up some of this extra income.

This is more or less the same situation. It will blow over, just like it did before.

PS. I still have a few ingots lying around in my bank for collection reasons.
    Last edited by Regidoc; Oct 28th, 2011 at 20:53:27.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Means I really would like to know if Rebalance is still in work or if you stopped working on it. We havent heard anything about it since ages.
    Greetz
    meep

Quote Originally Posted by LyrLazarus View Post
    Have any of you veterans actually TRIED, RECENTLY, to do a raid on a gimpy toon that is a prof people don't want? It's really hard.

Don't lecture me on how easy it was for you to do, because that's what I'm talking about, it was easy when you all did it but it's hard now with a low population.
    I have, than and now ... and I did just fine because I raid with people I know that don't care what prof I'm on because frankly, I know how to play whatever profession I'm using. I mean, you have to qualify your position a bit more ... you're talking specifically about PUG's. I see PUG's as the last resort for teaming and it's not uncommon to see people on LFT for a PUG because they have ignored the social aspect of the game.

Remember, LFT window didn't always exist, yet people of all kinds of professions managed to 'do stuff' without it. In that way, the LFt is actually HINDERING the untouchable professions because it's too easy for someone to get the more desirable professions they want from it, as well as allowing people to be lax on their social network building.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 28th, 2011 at 21:15:23.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Nobody is forcing you to level to 220. I also enjoy lowbie content and never said I didn't. The content was being ruined by twinks of high level characters training and outdamaging the lowbies. This area was abused systematically and now it has been corrected.
    And now this area is just dead. If people want to do something other than level to 220 there has to be something worth doing below 220.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    If I remove the disproportionately large credit reward from the area and you say you won't go back there then we know precisely what part of that "lowbie content" was important to you.
    That seems a rather snide comment. Is there something wrong with people using an area to make credits when You have set it up to be a place to do that?

I for one wont go back there and I expect a lot of other people wont either. What does that make me, a Cred farmer?

There were doubtless people abusing that place, as your mechanics allowed them to farm it for as many hours as they could stay awake. There were probably a hell of a lot more people that liked to drop in there for an hour every now and then and make a few creds.

I have played this game for close on 10 years, so to be fair I should have expected to be bored out of this game a long time ago. I have done most of the content endless times, and S10 was a place i really didnt visit. It was something I took an interest in quite recently and spent maybe 3 months making a toon for.

I didnt make a toon to go there and farm endless credits, it was just another thing to do that kept me interested, mostly in the making/improving of the toon. The fact that I could make some credits there was just sufficient incentive to keep my interest.

Anyhow, that interest is now gone along with the last remaining flicker of mine
    stuff

"It was something I took an interest in quite recently and spent maybe 3 months making a toon for."

I just made a 150 MA a montho ago first time i went in S10 and i liked it. It was never crowded and i didnt see people outdamaging others to discourage them from doing S10 again.

Of course it's hard to not take interest in being drowned with credits farming green mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Of course it's hard to not take interest in being drowned with credits farming green mobs.
    Yes but it was also fun and was a nice way to make some credz.

I still fail to see how repeatedly tab-q'ing the same old green aliens for hours on end could possibly be defined as "fun".

Here's hoping the s10 farmers react well to daylight and actively enjoy some of the content they have unwittingly denied themselves in the past, who knows they may even make some creds doing so

lol i wouldn't call myself a farmer since i've only been to s10 about 1-2 hours once every 2 days or so.

^^ Sounds like you are 'farming' to me ... I can't see a reason for anyone to go there for hours once every 2 days or so to do anything BUT farming. I could only bring myself to do it for about 30 minutes when I did. Even then I wondered, even as a veteran of AO, how I could be wasting my time like that. If this is a person's primary method to make credits, they haven't actually tried very hard to make credits other ways.

I'm glad the bounties are nerfed, not because it will 'fix' anything (frankly, that's delusional BS from psuedo-economists), but it will allow S10 to be made into what it should be ... a playfield. I am a bit disappointed the ICE don't drop there anymore. I didn't view those as breaking any aspect of the game though I can see if FC's position was that super twinks of higher level players were using it as a farming zone, then it makes sense they were removed.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 28th, 2011 at 21:52:00.

i still have a bag of ice wtb?

So instead of having bounties in S10 they're going to be on AI mish mobs and bosses or something? Maybe even RK team mish bosses? That sounds workable.

What isn't okay is having the best opportunity at moneymaking only at level 150. What's worse is then taking that away.

Higher level content should have higher level rewards and this is not the case in this game in re: credits/money.

There is nothing in the game - presently - that will replace the cash that S10 provided. It was the way I got money for my armies of alts - nanos and implants mostly since it wasn't enough to pay for symbs or combined armor - and now it's gone.

I look forward to seeing what will replace it.

It is not "fun" to be strapped for cash in the virtual world.

PS: I love this halloween's eyeball loot/social stuff and the bag hat.
    Last edited by If6Was9; Oct 28th, 2011 at 21:58:35.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenneyez View Post
    lol i wouldn't call myself a farmer since i've only been to s10 about 1-2 hours once every 2 days or so.
    Ah well you see there is where the prejudice steps in.

Probably a small minority spend hour after hour in there, day after day and are "drowned in creds". But some of our self-righteous forum posters assume everyone does that. Maybe because some of them have done it themselves.

Personally, I'd find that tedious beyond measure. In fact in 3 months I have spent 4 hours total in there. The fun is making the toon, the rewards are secondary, but need to exist otherwise why make the toon.
    stuff

For all who fail to see how something could be "fun" to someone else, no one is asking you to understand it. You don't pay their sub, your opinion of what constitutes "fun" is irrelevant.

People still don't understand economy here.

There is two ways of making money. Printing it, and decreasing the value of it, or creating (looting/finding/crafing for online games) something that has a set value.

Read it until you understand it.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Finally the last reason to not take my 150 MA leveling again is gone... even though I never did much S10 with him....
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    Finally the last reason to not take my 150 MA leveling again is gone... even though I never did much S10 with him....
    I do have a 150 advy. Just waiting for my Gf to catch up in level tho. Only ever stepped once into S10, it was boring.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    I do have a 150 advy. Just waiting for my Gf to catch up in level tho. Only ever stepped once into S10, it was boring.
    I did my few farms.. made mabye 2-300M.... was to boring...
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    I did my few farms.. made mabye 2-300M.... was to boring...
    Boring but nontheless a good way to make money if u had patience.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast