Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 28th, 2011 - Happy Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by Kavius0110 View Post
    Agreed, not ALL stupid items are expensive, but dependent on your level, population of org, and funds, "expensive" is relative. I see that FC's way to "fix" the inflation of items is to decrease the availability of funds. Ok, fine. I understand basic economics; being that supply=demand. However, now that we have an ever declining population, and with the absence of a major economic solo supply, what are we to do?
    You just do what you have to do. If that means going fifty-plus levels without changing a certain implant or piece of armour, so be it. It's what I did at times. And hope that the rebalance and other improvements that have been mentioned come out before the heat death of the universe.
    So, your response is for me to either PVP or level high enough to get biodome armor?
    One of the PVP dailies requires no actual PVP and gives a decent amount of VP.

no my response to you is to use all the options that are available in game, that are free/ or require just time to get

your saying you need AI armor, some of us are saying you don't there are other cheaper options there for you if you decide to use them

and theirs Carb/sided carb or CAS, omni steel or clanneut Apoc many many choices

Really? No one her is saying that AI combined armor is the best... really? DB armor maybe, but at our populations?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclotol View Post
    no my response to you is to use all the options that are available in game, that are free/ or require just time to get

your saying you need AI armor, some of us are saying you don't there are other cheaper options there for you if you decide to use them

and theirs Carb/sided carb or CAS, omni steel or clanneut Apoc many many choices
    Carb/CAS equal to AI?

I am speaking of newish..I have been playing my new Enfo for about a year. He is now lvl 100 and looking to get symbs and ai armor. Currently the prices are stupid high for each piece, I actually love running missions, but they do not give that much xp or cash. Seems as if everyone complaining has already earned their billions in s10.
    There's lots of other ways to make creds for bots. None with the same reward/effort ratio of S10 and most are 10x more boring too, but there are still opportunities out there.

Ofc in Means world spending 2 hours to farm a Kyr'ozch relay with no other reward is how you 'should' go about it.. Or 20-30 city raids for the lucky chance of a Spiritual bot worth 5m.. I guess earning your way into some of the best armor in game should be hard and excruciatingly frustrating..

But then again, wtf would you need AI for anyways? it doesn't drop from any "non-repeatable missions" and you certainly don't need it "on the leveling path to 220"!!! They "want people to be able to obtain what they need to be able to contribute to their groups"!!! Ofab's good enough, or Miy's! hell, never forget that almost anyone can tradeskill some good old Carbonem! That's pretty much all you need to contribute to your group

Quote Originally Posted by lyledesol View Post
    There's lots of other ways to make creds for bots. None with the same reward/effort ratio of S10 and most are 10x more boring too, but there are still opportunities out there.

Ofc in Means world spending 2 hours to farm a Kyr'ozch relay with no other reward is how you 'should' go about it.. Or 20-30 city raids for the lucky chance of a Spiritual bot worth 5m.. I guess earning your way into some of the best armor in game should be hard and excruciatingly frustrating..

But then again, wtf would you need AI for anyways? it doesn't drop from any "non-repeatable missions" and you certainly don't need it "on the leveling path to 220"!!! They "want people to be able to obtain what they need to be able to contribute to their groups"!!! Ofab's good enough, or Miy's! hell, never forget that almost anyone can tradeskill some good old Carbonem! That's pretty much all you need to contribute to your group
    So, again, All I need is ql 200 carb? Just saying that most <150 toons, have been saving up for their other toons gear. I am sure this is not a suprise! If all gear was suddenly reduced in price, would the holders complain?

So if I don't have AI I'm not contributing? (sorry my sarcasm detector is off a bit)
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

So, again, All I need is ql 200 carb? Just saying that most <150 toons, have been saving up for their other toons gear. I am sure this is not a suprise! If all gear was suddenly reduced in price, would the holders complain?
    Sorry.. guess u missed the /sarcastic on that...

Ofc Carb's not equal.. Nothing is until you hit 220 and can farm Db/Beast/bastion etc... All you can do is make do with the best you can find on the way to 220 :/

Sorry.. guess u missed the /sarcastic on that...

Ofc Carb's not equal.. Nothing is until you hit 220 and can farm Db/Beast/bastion etc... All you can do is make do with the best you can find on the way to 220 :/
    OK, so u made my point! To be successful, at my level, I need AI armor! To acquire said armor, S10 was the given area. To the vets that have all of the armor or bots, this change is a gold mine!

OK, so u made my point! To be successful, at my level, I need AI armor! To acquire said armor, S10 was the given area. To the vets that have all of the armor or bots, this change is a gold mine!
    You're obviously only hearing what you want to hear.

Guess you better start farming those pearls.

Again, the folks that have benefited from this, do not care. Those of us who created a toon to make money to outfit there toons...well..too late for us...but oorah to you folks. Enjoy, your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We tried adding these items to Sector 10 as a way for leveling players to have an opportunity to gain some quick credits on the way up..
    Instead you can throw in old loot + nanos in dailies and offer raid-loot as daily-reward in % chance.

People would (maybe) farm more together (lesser conflicts of intrests) and progress faster.

More items being produced into the gameworld should make prices lowering themself + more players get to enjoy more of the AO-complexity and the profession-repetoir. More fun then, less gaps and it will still be sufficient rare/hard stuff that distincts players.

AO is 10 years and not all content is relevant gameplay in the gamingworld of 2011, but the charracter-customation this game has along with the game-mechanics has no match, so throw more loot at the new players playing as game is now instead of just credz imo

Happy Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    could be toned down to the point where a team of TL4-5's, which the loot and quest are designed for, can do the content, without the help of a 220.

I'm sure others can point out other content that fits in the same catagory.
    Alappa (spelled it right?)...and yeah. 2 me it seem a lot of players don't have any stuffz tho
    Last edited by Lletah; Oct 29th, 2011 at 04:00:52.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    .... I sincerely believe that the fact that many of the best items in the game can be bought and sold freely has had a toxic effect on player attitudes.
    One of the best aspects of Anarchy online is it's open ended play.. However, because of that the game is very complex and easy for people to get lost in..

You don't need the best of everything to make a toon and level your way up to end-game.. In that respect Means is totally correct.. It can be done easily with teams and loot equipment..

Another very popular aspect of AO is it's twinking.. This is where people get lost.. They want to compete and have the best of everything.. To compete at a specific level you DO need good gear.. And this is where the markets and creds come into play.. for the most part - No creds = No gear

I guess it's hard to juggle both aspects but forcing people into just one will only hurt AO..

I guess, what I am trying to say is that those of us that have been striving for S10, which you vets have gained from, and now oppose, I hope your loot drops drastically in price! So, the rest of us can reasonably outfit our toons...

...S10, which you vets have gained from, and now oppose...
    Not all of us dude.. Some did.. But I highly doubt they're even bothering to post comments.. They got their shiz, they just don't care anymore..

... I hope your loot drops drastically in price! So, the rest of us can reasonably outfit our toons...
    If you read Means post, that's the basic idea.. By killing S10 he believes all the prices will come down..

I believe killing a fly with a sledge hammer will only lead to less players..

If you read Means post, that's the basic idea.. By killing S10 he believes all the prices will come down...
    Eventually, one would agree. But in the short term..hmm..

So, lower toons, good luck with carb and miys. lvl 100+, big imps and miy's. Those who need AI and ofab....have fun.

Still waiting to hear what levelling characters need AI armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    And further alienate non-220 owned ultra twinks?
    you could make ultra twinks there without a very high initial budget. Both my doc and sold were my highest chars on rk1 when they were in s10 (at the same time). Doc was a gimp but sold went to have in the end items worth billions as well as buy a ql 300 CC set for the future, with the creds farmed there. All started with like 300-400m and no other income from higher chars or any other ways then farming s10

Archeopteryx 220|30|66 Soldier
    Silvermed.....|218|27|58 Doctor
    Silverballs......130|03|xx MP
    Silvermade.....|91|04|xx Trader
    Silverenf.......||60|06|14 Enforcer

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast