Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 28th, 2011 - Happy Halloween!

So I am in S10.

I just found another change.

Guards don't kill aliens that follow you back in. Nope instead they aliens break off and go back to their spawn point and heal delta up. Have confirmed this now with about 10 aliens pulled into the guards and them not doing a durn thing.

So no ICE, no bounties (which I am ok with) and the guards are not actually guards anymore but pretty statue.

This S10 update keeps getting better.

Oh and Means, ICE is on RK1 GMS for 50-65 million a pop. Thank you for the market. I just happen to have 10 bags of it. At those prices ICE from the APF's is almost the most valuable item that can drop.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

@ Kavius

As a rule of thumb for enforcers, unless you are intent on only pvp'ing, enforcers have no reason for combined, period, at any level. for pvm the best armor (for enfo's), hands down is ofab, and at much later levels a combination of ofab/dust brigade/dreadloch/albatraum gear.

as someone else pointed out already, there is a pvp daily now that takes a few minutes to complete and gives good vp. so, buying ofab now is not an issue for pvmers. anyone still whining didn't get the memo.

and as far as dust brigade armor goes, when you reach endgame levels, I, and others i know occasionally farm db on rk2. if you see someone selling LR and you ask if you can join them, and they aren't d-bags, they will likely let you join in and get what you need. same goes for dreadlochs. don't assume everyone selling lootrights is a greedy slimeball who is a cred fiend (some are though), as most just farm for something to do when they are bored, and may only be too happy to have company.

weapon wise, panther/howlet is just fine for TL4/5, and doesn't cost much at all. at level 100 your options are enormous.

but, not really saying this as a "I'm MR. smarty pants who thinks he knows it all" or anything, but this is coming from someone with a 220 enfo thats fully geared for pvm (hp/aad). Not one piece of combined equiped, and no reason to equip it either. hopefully that helps in some small way.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Oct 29th, 2011 at 05:21:26.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    As a rule of thumb for enforcers, unless you are intent on only pvp'ing, enforcers have no reason for combined, period, at any level. for pvm the best armor, hands down is ofab, and at much later levels a combination of ofab/dust brigade/dreadloch gear.
    Just as an aside, I'm not the only one that finds it really funny that "The best PvM armor" is gotten from PvP, right? XD

as someone else pointed out already, there is a pvp daily now that takes a few minutes to complete and gives good vp. so, buying ofab now is not an issue for pvmers. anyone still whining didn't get the memo.
    I don't think I got this memo. Where can one get this PVP daily that doesn't require PVP?

from john smith, in the borealis bar, of course

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Ok, so I am still confused. Maybe I do not understand. I have several toons <150 and coun ted on my s10 MA to bring in the cash. With pieces of >200 combined armor and >150 lvl symbs costing anywhere from 20m - 100m for symbs and that or loads more for armor...how is one supposed to gather needed funds?
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 3rd, 2011 at 15:11:30. Reason: removed obscenities

from john smith, in the borealis bar, of course
    Oh I see, so it's "you don't need to pvp, just need to go into BS and dick around."

Cause the "go into the BS" mission is all I get from him, thought you meant something else.

You have to select the Notum Towers option. In that , you'll have to target some towers which will be mentioned in the mission info.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavius0110 View Post
    Ok, so I am still confused. Maybe I do not understand. I have several toons <150 and coun ted on my s10 MA to bring in the cash. With pieces of >200 combined armor and >150 lvl symbs costing anywhere from 20m - 100m for symbs and that or loads more for armor...how is one supposed to gather needed funds?
    farm s10 for relays and sell for 50m a pop? (or whatever people are still willing to pay for them)
    sorry, couldn't help myself. I know theres prolly someone reading what i just said thinking "Gahhhd... seriously "

but really, why do you need combined or symbs at that level? I'm now confused (must be contageous or something).
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 3rd, 2011 at 15:13:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrargenum View Post
    You have to select the Notum Towers option. In that , you'll have to target some towers which will be mentioned in the mission info.
    Ah, that must be a newer option. I've had this BS mission in my list for I don't know how long, so haven't been down there to check in a while. I just have the worst luck with timing for the queue, though. Maybe I'll just delete the mission if I can't get in tonight, haha.

What you are not understanding is you do not need AI armor for those characters. At all.

There are so many options that are more than sufficient. Omni-steel ribbed/clan whatever leather. Tier. Ofab. Predator. Freaking carb or junkmetal if it comes down to it.

The reason those specific symbs cost so damn much is because they are the ones used by the (now defunct) S10 twinks. So use cheaper lower-level ones until you level past the expensive ones.

P.S. my lowbie engineer just got killed in a mission because I was busy replying to this thread, I hope you're happy.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    P.S. my lowbie engineer just got killed in a mission because I was busy replying to this thread, I hope you're happy.
    bhahaaha, my new siggy. ty

ok, we will see on the symb issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    So I am in S10.

I just found another change.

Guards don't kill aliens that follow you back in. Nope instead they aliens break off and go back to their spawn point and heal delta up. Have confirmed this now with about 10 aliens pulled into the guards and them not doing a durn thing.
    I've actually seen them rooted... somehow... which makes them go absolutely crazy in the playfield, darting from NPC to NPC in bursts.

Whatever you plan to do to fix S10, roll it out fast, because right now, it's a mess.

(I also love how we still have the laser fence in play that doesn't do any damage to the aliens whatsoever but still chops us up if the server decides we're ten feet farther to the left than the client says we are.)
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    What you are not understanding is you do not need AI armor for those characters. At all.

There are so many options that are more than sufficient. Omni-steel ribbed/clan whatever leather. Tier. Ofab. Predator. Freaking carb or junkmetal if it comes down to it.

The reason those specific symbs cost so damn much is because they are the ones used by the (now defunct) S10 twinks. So use cheaper lower-level ones until you level past the expensive ones.

No.... the reason those symbs cost so damn much is because 1) everyone wants them, (they're equippable with the least drama and frankly higher ones often suck for effort/reward), 2) difficulty in obtaining; a) there's the PB bosses where the hunting ground for the patterns has been camped since 2004 so the supply chain is locked (ice dryads in Ado, for instance) or the patterns basically don't drop (Rujillo dude), b) Then there's a the worm pattern which requires you to get past chain agging, social worms which would give most 220's a challenge - but it's in Ado! c) Then there's every damn boss pattern from Pen - where FC decided pattern parts are less necessary than anything else in the loot table... d) there's the Scheol Gunk and Ooze patterns which I have gotten one piece of in the past 5 years.... In short, there's high demand, not a lot of people do them anymore and they're more likely to be missing entirely from GMS than expensive. Once you hit a level where your org can drag you through Pande, you can get night heart symbs ... which drop so readily that they often rot so their prices are rarely high. The price of mid range symbs has little, if anything, to do with S10.
    Last edited by If6Was9; Oct 29th, 2011 at 06:41:46.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    ... Their price has little, if anything, to do with S10.
    Perhaps, but in any case, the point still stands: level past the expensive ones.

as for the symbs...you know, there are those things called patterns and incerz...incras...ah incarnators which magically spawn mobs that give out symbs for free!!
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

MAybe ppl only want AI armor for social or to help them equip a better weapon faster or to make low lvl pvp twinks. stop asking why the hell you need AI armor at low lvl. there are plenty of reasons why anyone would need them. I would love to see the ppl that sugested using carb or CAS to lvl in it to 220. Or you try to farm VP's by doing the no pvp daily everyday and we'll see how long it will take u to farm a whole set of OFAB. Not everyone wants to join BS to get farmed in there by twinks that had the chance to farm s10 for they're uber gear. Thanks FC for ruining a good part of the game. It might have been x10 boring to some but not to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenneyez View Post
    MAybe ppl only want AI armor for social or to help them equip a better weapon faster or to make low lvl pvp twinks. stop asking why the hell you need AI armor at low lvl. there are plenty of reasons why anyone would need them. I would love to see the ppl that sugested using carb or CAS to lvl in it to 220. Or you try to farm VP's by doing the no pvp daily everyday and we'll see how long it will take u to farm a whole set of OFAB. Not everyone wants to join BS to get farmed in there by twinks that had the chance to farm s10 for they're uber gear. Thanks FC for ruining a good part of the game. It might have been x10 boring to some but not to everyone.
    You can buy replica ai armor from the itemshop for social. You can borrow from orgmates or friends if youre twinking (i know i have many times). If you dont have an established main you have no business making lowbie twinks anyway so lol. I've taken toons up into the shadowlevels in a medsuit. Having junkmetal would have been a luxury lol and on that note, miys and pred and goddess make for great levelling armors. Particularly pred chest and goddess gloves. Basically l2p without armor so that you can appreciate it when you actually do get it.

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    You can buy replica ai armor from the itemshop for social. You can borrow from orgmates or friends if youre twinking (i know i have many times). If you dont have an established main you have no business making lowbie twinks anyway so lol. I've taken toons up into the shadowlevels in a medsuit. Having junkmetal would have been a luxury lol and on that note, miys and pred and goddess make for great levelling armors. Particularly pred chest and goddess gloves. Basically l2p without armor so that you can appreciate it when you actually do get it.
    *sigh* if u say so...

well i did say it didn't i?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast