Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 18.4.12 Update Release Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    This isn't working right. The adds started spawning on 2nd floor today while the whole team was still down on 1st dividing loot.
    our team rushed and the adds didn't spawn at all, but 3rd floor spawned more than 1 add for some reason.

Funcom employee

Did you guys do any kind of area-effect abilities/nanos or anything of the sort between killing the first boss and zoning up? That might have triggered it if so, but otherwise I'm not sure why they might have started up. If you have any more information, please let me know. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

We had an enf in team so that's certainly possible. But honestly having the boss on the next floor being affected by aoes on the previous one is... not good game design.

Funcom employee

I'm not entirely certain that *is* the case, as our AoE recognition stuff is... less than perfect. But if it is, then it's not a mater of conscious design and probably not much we can do to compensate. :|
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

today, after killing the 2nd floor boss when we started doing loot, the crat pet went up and attacked the 3rd floor boss and when we went up alot of adds were spawned. When i asked crat, he said pet was on follow.

This only happened after we killed 2nd floor boss, but pets were fine after killing 1st floor boss! Something fishy about 3rd floor?
    Last edited by Canibaal; Nov 5th, 2011 at 19:52:03.
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

The Collector:

Team members may now speak to the Secretary again to rejoin their team mates within the final boss area.
    is there at least a lock/nano thing in the ncu or that means now peeps can sell lootrights in collector and team anyone to come and loot a chest ?

did the UPH's get secretly removed from the playfields? (only see them in mishes anymore it seems)
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    did the UPH's get secretly removed from the playfields? (only see them in mishes anymore it seems)
    This is a perfect example of why giving a time frame for special events would be a good idea. Most do not mention it when they first notice the disappearance because they assume the festivities must be over. Multiple times in the past few weeks, the UPH have disappeared & required someone to "turn them back on".

The playerbase has no idea IF they should still be there because no official cut off date was ever announced, despite multiple requests by multiple people since before the event even went live.

Kudos for announcing the parties at the beginning of the month, but the events themselves left a lot to be desired when it comes to communicating with the community about the time frame for the event & loot drop changes (whether intentional or not).

How about starting the PR now for the Christmas events & getting community interaction on ways it can be improved over the events of past years?

Let's start by keeping the Halloween old school missions, but throwing a santa hat on a UPH & adjusting the loot from SUPH (Santa's Uncle Pumpkin Head?) accordingly (but keeping BBQ pillows & Chapmans in the loot table)? Maybe a Nightmare Before Christmas theme to it?
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Nov 16th, 2011 at 20:51:28.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

found 4 in wailing wastes, was just wondering as SAV had tons and suddenly none, same for galway
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123