Thread: Hacker ICE-Breaker Source of S10

Hacker ICE-Breaker Source of S10

First at all, dont point me to the "how to make creds after S10" thread, it is useless, thank you. I have as much as creds as i can reasonably keep already, even i'm not as rich.

The question is about the Hacker ICE-Breaker Source. I just like to know if they are intentionally removed of aliens in S10, if it is the case then what is the purpose and what is the way in the future to find them.

And if my question seem not easy to understand and look a bit like complaints just lets me know, i will try to rewrite it and make it more clear, before you try to close it.

Ps. This is not a suggestion, neither positive or negative, if you try to determine what is it. I think it is a question type/class.

ICE still drops in Sectors 13, 28, 35, and 42.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

This is actually a good question, and I would love to hear an explanation from either Means or Kintaii on whether this was deliberate or accidental (It's possible that the bounties and the ICE was on the same loot table, and they deleted that table to remove the bounties). If it is deliberate, what is the reasoning behind the removal? If it was accidential, will the ICE-Breaker Sources be added back to S10 in a later patch?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

But CRU is readily available at all level ranges.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    But CRU is readily available at all level ranges.
    No it's not. It's available but not readily so. You can't go down to the corner drug and pick up a dozen 50% CRU for the city raids today.

You have 1 ACRU (25%) mission available to you once a day, which is good thing to have in case bowb happens and you need to refill a depleted CC after the raid. But to power up your CC you need regular CRU which is a % chance drop of a team RK or SL mission boss. No guarantee of getting it. Which means you have to grind team missions to get enough CRU to grind AI City Raids if that was your plan for the day.

Grinding one thing just to be able to grind another is NEVER a good thing.

And this discussion is NOT on the availability of CRU or ICE outside of S10. It's a simple ask on WHY the Hacker-ICE Sources were removed from S10. We have received word from the Devs on why Bounties were removed, and we understand. Screw Bounties. But nothing has been officially said on why the ICE-Breaker Sources were removed as well, and I'd like to hear an explanation or at the very least an "Oopsie."
    Last edited by Namiru; Nov 4th, 2011 at 16:33:13. Reason: Clarification
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

ice is over powered and was too easy to acquire. theres likely 2 years worth of cru floating around because of ice's.

I personally would prefer higher bot drop rate, and cru being hard to come by, then the other way around.

I hope it was on purpose, as that would show some flicker of intelligence behind the change, as long as bot drop % will scale with difficulty to fill up CC as time goes on.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    No it's not. It's available but not readily so. You can't go down to the corner drug and pick up a dozen 50% CRU for the city raids today.

Actually ... you do. It's not the corner drug though, it's the trader shop. CRU is buyable. I forget the prices though.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

#5 There is no need to refill a depleted CC. You do now still get the city bonusses even through it is at 0%
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by kehaan View Post
    #5 There is no need to refill a depleted CC. You do now still get the city bonusses even through it is at 0%
    Heh. Shows how long it's been since I did a City Raid. Used o do them all the time at 150 on my MA. Now at 200 he gets eaten alive. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post

You have 1 ACRU (25%) mission available to you once a day, which is good thing to have in case bowb happens and you need to refill a depleted CC after the raid. But to power up your CC you need regular CRU which is a % chance drop of a team RK or SL mission boss. No guarantee of getting it. Which means you have to grind team missions to get enough CRU to grind AI City Raids if that was your plan for the day.

Grinding one thing just to be able to grind another is NEVER a good thing.

And this discussion is NOT on the availability of CRU or ICE outside of S10. It's a simple ask on WHY the Hacker-ICE Sources were removed from S10. We have received word from the Devs on why Bounties were removed, and we understand. Screw Bounties. But nothing has been officially said on why the ICE-Breaker Sources were removed as well, and I'd like to hear an explanation or at the very least an "Oopsie."
    And you could go down around any corner and get ICE easier than you can CRU? Seems something is wrong then, if a much better item is much more easily available.
    Reason behind it aws probably the same as the overpowered rewards.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

If they made ICE a mission reward[maybe a elite daily] for the APF's, that might help those of us that can't buy S13-35 loot that some consider easy to waste credits. It would be an incentive make regular runs of the instances again and not just the RMT's running them to farm credits to sell on to keep the market prices bloated

But still hate the fact that they made the APF's to work as a raid, as we had public bots that ran and now don't. So we historically had a chance of getting loot eventually, but as it is now unless you have a couple of billion to waste it is impossible to get APF loot if org less or in a small org.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernat View Post
    If they made ICE a mission reward[maybe a elite daily] for the APF's, that might help those of us that can't buy S13-35 loot that some consider easy to waste credits. It would be an incentive make regular runs of the instances again and not just the RMT's running them to farm credits to sell on to keep the market prices bloated

But still hate the fact that they made the APF's to work as a raid, as we had public bots that ran and now don't. So we historically had a chance of getting loot eventually, but as it is now unless you have a couple of billion to waste it is impossible to get APF loot if org less or in a small org.
    Impossible?! You can do all outzones with 1 team. You can do them with 2 teams of semi-good people eaily.

Impossible, it's the most bizarre word. Leave that 2 man org you're in. Impossible... don't know how anything's impossible when it's that easy. Public bots, those ruined the game. They're to blame why you're where you are now, saying that stuff is impossible because you're stuck in a 2 man org or can't find someone to join you for a raid.
    The Red Brotherhood

Dont they still drop in team mission bosses on RK and SL? I remember people blitzing missions for them a while back. Could be a resurface of that trend.

Semantics aside, its all accessible.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by huckleberry View Post
    The question is about the Hacker ICE-Breaker Source. I just like to know if they are intentionally removed of aliens in S10, if it is the case then what is the purpose and what is the way in the future to find them.
    I would like the answer to the first part - were they intentionally removed? This question has been repeatedly posed in the FWM and a couple other places before threads were removed. I'm looking for a dev answer, by the way, not a player one. If I wanted player perspective, paranoia, and/or drama I could look in the mirror or ask in OOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Dont they still drop in team mission bosses on RK and SL? I remember people blitzing missions for them a while back. Could be a resurface of that trend.

Semantics aside, its all accessible.
    The OP were not talking about CRU's. He/she was wondering why 100% like-confetti-dropping ICE was removed from the loot.

The answer is simple. Too easy, and takes people off RK missions, which, as a result creates a shortage of RK Nanos.
    It also destroyed a valuable credit source for low level chars.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

well, removing bountys from s10 was expected and wanted by most of players (minus s10 bounty farmers ofc ).

but ICE-Breakers, it's a bit "too much". lower droprate, maybe, but totally remove them... bah

if only we had something like "less CRUs ingame but more viralbots dropping"...

bountys were really really "too much". make a token only item, yes but 4M/bounty was just absolutly crazy and that killed economy.

but about CRU things, what's the point ? they worth nothing in shops, and as they drop like candy, they're just used to farm CC raids, and that's not a SOURCE of credits.

I said stop. So did Kintaii. And that question was already answered in the FwM threads.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM