Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 28th, 2011 - Happy Halloween!

Funcom employee Friday with Means - October 28th, 2011 - Happy Halloween!

After a quick downtime today to restore Lya's armor to outdoor pvp area Uncle Pumpkinheads Halloween seems to be back on track.

As I've been busy this week working with the team fixing things and planning our next little projects I'm sorry I have not prioritized responding to inquiries on the forums.

Bounties and Sector 10:

Yes bounties were removed on purpose...mostly. It was our intention to remove bounties from Sector 10 along with some larger changes we are making in the next update (team and single player instances for spawning the boss at the beginning of the playfield) but the data snuck in on us. Bounties were originally loot from Sector 13, 28 and 35 that dropped from bosses. As these were raid bosses (or at least required an entire team of skilled players to complete) it was not an overwhelming amount of credits to be adding directly to the economy. We tried adding these items to Sector 10 as a way for leveling players to have an opportunity to gain some quick credits on the way up..unfortunately this is not the way the bounties were being obtained or being used. Specialized characters were being made to directly farm these items in this playfield to obtain credits for the use of high level players as the credits that could be obtained directly and dependably within this playfield exceeded that of any other opportunity in game. Ironically the credits created by this system made the inflation that new players were faced with worse rather than better. The behaviour of twinks in this playfield, training new players, regularly harassing and out-damaging them to discourage them from participating in this playfield removed and true benefit these items might have brought to the intended group. Adding appropriate credit rewards and gear to non-repeatable missions on the leveling path to 220 is the correct way to proceed with this issue and it is how we intend to proceed with the problem in the near future. We want people to be able to obtain what they need to be able to contribute to their groups...but injecting billions of new credits into the economy was not helping this issue and had to stop.

The Gauntlet (New Pande instance):

There are some problems with this instance and we have been working this week to correct them. There should be an update coming out next week to fix the vast majority of the details that you all have been kind enough to point out to us.

Halloween:

Just going to put this link here to remind people of the Halloween Party this weekend and some of the content they might not have found yet!

http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...&table=CONTENT

See you all at the party!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

first
    Dragocz RK1

Durn you all fast
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

What that...? You are weird!
    ...I like it.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

1st page?

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

First.
    Definitely should be more typos with those mitts. I'm starting to think you're not a teletubby at all!
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Thanks for adding back the Lya's armor to the outside Uncle Pumpkin Heads.

Do you have any plans to address inflation that was caused by sector 10 bounties?

Are looking at increasing the 1 billion credit limit on each toon?

Happy Halloween
    Last edited by JungleGeorgeRK2; Oct 28th, 2011 at 16:01:21.

OMG - irony struck hard "Estimation and Planning" on the desk

Get some stuff on the shelves already, Means. That looks totally barren there...
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Sorry you feel that way Means.. A lot of us enjoy lowbie content and I for one don't particularly like being forced to play up to 220..

Goodbye S10.. Was nice knowing you

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Colawrenn View Post
    First.
    Definitely should be more typos with those mitts. I'm starting to think you're not a teletubby at all!
    ujdseuhwe je fujkfdkj
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ujdseuhwe je fujkfdkj
    sounds like a new instance... ^^

btw... the book on the desk: "Estimating and planning"?
    hmm....

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

I think completely removing the bounties in s10 is a bad idea.
    Why not turn it into a daily mission where you can only talk to the bursar every 18 hours and trade a 3-4 bounties?
    (As in, you can trade to him once per day, giving him a max of 4 bounties. Could do 1 if you were so inclined)

a few mil/day for new players is great and there are much more efficient ways for high level players so it would work out for everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    it's really the same ten/fifteen names that pop up week after week to act like idiots and spew nonsense

good stuff. glad to hear s10 changes are permanent, and that alternatives that actually help new players acquire gear and stuff, instead of sucking them into the credit vortexx, is being planned and worked on (hopefully not planned to be developed 5 years from now when it wont matter). also, glad to hear that the pumpkin heads are dropping armor again. change for the sake of change sucks most of the time. was starting to think someone had lost their marbles upstairs.

loot is awesome this year. whoever designed the stuff gets mega props. oh, and the new instance is cool, and well done for a holiday content.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Oct 28th, 2011 at 16:14:30.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Means,

I have to say that I agree wholeheartedly with your post. It took you guys a LONG time to realize this but better late than never I guess. It has always seemed very silly to me that people were rolling 150's to fund their 220's. I look forward to seeing the addition of gear and credits in the leveling process.. that makes total sense to do.
    Last edited by Venachar; Oct 29th, 2011 at 18:54:12. Reason: One word changed as the result of a complaint.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Happy indeed
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by lyledesol View Post
    Sorry you feel that way Means.. A lot of us enjoy lowbie content and I for one don't particularly like being forced to play up to 220..

Goodbye S10.. Was nice knowing you
    Nobody is forcing you to level to 220. I also enjoy lowbie content and never said I didn't. The content was being ruined by twinks of high level characters training and outdamaging the lowbies. This area was abused systematically and now it has been corrected.

If I remove the disproportionately large credit reward from the area and you say you won't go back there then we know precisely what part of that "lowbie content" was important to you.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    btw... the book on the desk: "Estimating and planning"?
    hmm....
    Wondered how long it would take for someone to have a laugh at that...not long apparently
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Wondered how long it would take for someone to have a laugh at that...not long apparently
    Well, 1st after the 1st !!! in that case
    Last edited by Tikra; Oct 28th, 2011 at 16:24:38. Reason: To look less stupid :P

Shadow Atlantians

PVM all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    Well, 1st!!! in that case
    well, not exactly
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast