Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 4th, 2011 - Late at night

So, when does it come out?
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

You guys should add little dirt buildup around the base of pillars and buildings. I think it would make a big difference.

Ph0705h0pp3d!!!!!!!!!!

Hies ;p
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanopwner View Post
    You guys should add little dirt buildup around the base of pillars and buildings. I think it would make a big difference.
    Oh yes! One of those times that a small change would make a huge difference ^^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Agreed with Nanopwner - just take a look at dirty subway and ultra-clean Org Cities... they look so unreal
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

you ever see those little worker robots flying around in omni and even clan cities?
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

seeing through walls for the win!
    also put some anisotropic filtering on next shots for more eye-candy
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Last? Damn screen shots. Means is a bigger tease than those hot Cyborg girls. Hinting at a good time only to break your heart along with your head...
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    you ever see those little worker robots flying around in omni and even clan cities?
    Considering it's right next to an open sewer with ruins a little bit of dirt wouldn't be surprising, that part is the slums of Omni-Ent.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

You guys really need to do something about that sky. While the engine work is great, if that sky is left the way it is, it will completely ruin the look and still seem like that bland, mud-coloured game.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    Well its ether dirt buildup where the buildings meet the ground or a re-work of how ground textures work making the tiles fit the pillars and buildings..

The transitions between buildings and the ground is way to sharp.. Actually most transitions between ground objects/geometry in AO is way to sharp.. -.^

This will not be a problem in grassy areas with the new engine tho, but cities and deserts will need some work... I wonder if the engine can emulate 1" of sand -.^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

I don't even care if AO looks like mine craft. I just want some rebalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    In tribute to the lateness of this post this week...please enjoy the ambience of this late night screen of the outskirts of Omni Ent.
    Created: 11.09.2011

Old screeny of a completely empty and now dead part of Omni-Ent... Should I mention the see-trough-wall glitch on left side?

You could do bether
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Quote Originally Posted by haavarst View Post

Old screeny of a completely empty and now dead part of Omni-Ent... Should I mention the see-trough-wall glitch on left side?

You could do bether
    But it's so symbolically perfect of the current state of play tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    I like how we get a new screenshot of the engine every week now. Places back some of my faith that "soon (tm)" will actually be soon.
    *owned*

bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Funcom employee

You could do bether
    Some silly North American computers write the date in the format MM-DD-YYYY. Did you really think I put out a screenshot from September 11th for last week's update? Either way the date doesn't make any sense.

Edit: it was taken on November 4th
    Last edited by Means; Nov 10th, 2011 at 17:10:02.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Some silly North American computers write the date in the format MM-DD-YYYY. Did you really think I put out a screenshot from September 11th for last week's update? Either way the date doesn't make any sense.

Edit: it was taken on November 4th
    hehe thanks for clearing up and sorry for beeing nitty-gritty
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

I know the confusion is cleared up already, but I'm sure it's still a handy thing to know:
    When you download something from the 'net, the "File Creation" date is set to "now".
    To see when an image was taken, you need to check the "Date Taken" metadata, which in this case clearly states 4th nov, 2011. On windows, rightclick->properties->details, check the "origin" group.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

The slums make me nostalgic for my first days.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    You guys really need to do something about that sky. While the engine work is great, if that sky is left the way it is, it will completely ruin the look and still seem like that bland, mud-coloured game.
    My first thought on this was that the citizens are basically living in a terraformed blob on what is an essentially a desert planet, so technically there should almost always be dust/dirt in the sky giving it a somewhat unclear look. Add to that the pollutants from all the ships in sky and its not going to be clear under ideal conditions, let alone the hazy conditions created by the clouds seen in the pictures.

Then I thought: "Its omni-ent, once they add all the lighting up most of the stars should technically be obliterated out of the sky." As one who has lived in metro and suburban areas, when you're living in an area that has that many lights (even if you find a dark corner) those lights tend to blot out most stars. Yes you can still see some but if you take a sky picture near a city center, then bolt to the mountains and take a sky picture, one of these pictures is going to have an order of magnitude more stars in them.

Which brings the question with the updated lighting and effects...if they re-did the night sky (toss in some Kyr'Ozch vs. ICC vs. Omni space battle action), what would it look like?
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Quote Originally Posted by DaviasI View Post
    The slums make me nostalgic for my first days.

My first thought on this was that the citizens are basically living in a terraformed blob on what is an essentially a desert planet, so technically there should almost always be dust/dirt in the sky giving it a somewhat unclear look. Add to that the pollutants from all the ships in sky and its not going to be clear under ideal conditions, let alone the hazy conditions created by the clouds seen in the pictures.

Then I thought: "Its omni-ent, once they add all the lighting up most of the stars should technically be obliterated out of the sky." As one who has lived in metro and suburban areas, when you're living in an area that has that many lights (even if you find a dark corner) those lights tend to blot out most stars. Yes you can still see some but if you take a sky picture near a city center, then bolt to the mountains and take a sky picture, one of these pictures is going to have an order of magnitude more stars in them.

Which brings the question with the updated lighting and effects...if they re-did the night sky (toss in some Kyr'Ozch vs. ICC vs. Omni space battle action), what would it look like?
    You speak truth. Light pollution is one of my RL irritations, and I don't see that issue going totally away a gazillibunch years. If anything, it could get worse because omgnanojunkgreygoo. Atmosphere (literal and figurative) lends much to the game and could contribute more to each zone's “feel.”
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast