Thread: What possible reason was there to nerf Alappa Doja?

Thumbs down What possible reason was there to nerf Alappa Doja?

This makes NO sense.

For every positive change you guys make like putting dojas on Collector and letting ppl re-enter the instance, you guys do something like this nerf which makes zero sense.

Let me see if I understand the logic here. Instead of me being able to enter Alappa and farm green mobs there in peace without bothering anyone to obtain dojas, you have now made the alappa doja drop from 200-210 only. Green mobs with far more hp than their Inferno counterparts that also drop the doja chip I might add.

I now must go to Inf and farm random mobs or perhaps you expect me to do Albatraum. Well I go to Inf and as anyone could have predicted after this change that made no sense, theres a neutral nt out there who has collected 30+ demons of shadows and is kiting them so he and his alts can loot dojas.

So lets recap, instead of me being able to farm content in an instance and not bother anyone, I now must sit on a cliff or roam a plain waiting for respawns after a neutral nt has kited every single doja dropping mob in the zone it looks like? I fail to see any possible positive in this change.

Make Alappa Doja Chips up to 220 again plox.
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

The problem with alappa doja is that nobody complained about them in any way what so ever. Obviously now that you complained about them they will never get changed back. Your only hope now to get them changed back is go backwards in time and create a topic in game suggestion and demand they alappa doja be changed to a level req of 200-210 and shazam! FC will turn a blind eye to it forever

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    ...or perhaps you expect me to do Albatraum...
    they nerfed alba doja's too. req's are level below 220...

someone in funcom office who's trying to look busy I guess, mucking up what isn't broken because they have too much time on their hands.. or its just a mistake that no one has time to fix. either way its unnecessary.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Nov 21st, 2011 at 00:32:48.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

They also borked the Pande doja. It's now lvl 220 only.

The modifications in Alappaa, Albtraum and Pande doja's were all completely stupid and not needed in any way.

The changes in normal doja's however were very good. And people did complain about the old doja chips lvl ranges not matching the area level ranges. Fixing those was a good thing. Fixing things that ain't broken is stupid.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Alappaa and Alba also do not share daily lockout with Inferno Doja's anymore, but instead share daily lockout with DR Doja, so you can frm both. (If I have read the DB right)
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

They also borked the Pande doja. It's now lvl 220 only.
    finally !

maybe we'll finally have a level lock on these zones some day (like tl6 min for inferno, tl7 min for pand).

collector was imo a bad move, now we'll have peeps selling lootrights on items/chests/armors...

and about OP, DOJA are nice items, but level lock was wrong, penumbra ISN'T a 220 farming spot.
    or lock alappa to 210 max and it'll be fixed.

(there is definitively something wrong with farming and level locks in this game, why do we have level 150ish players in inferno missions, and only 220 solo farmers in ado/pen ?...)

Quote Originally Posted by phybrizo View Post
    finally !

maybe we'll finally have a level lock on these zones some day (like tl6 min for inferno, tl7 min for pand).

collector was imo a bad move, now we'll have peeps selling lootrights on items/chests/armors...

and about OP, DOJA are nice items, but level lock was wrong, penumbra ISN'T a 220 farming spot.
    or lock alappa to 210 max and it'll be fixed.

(there is definitively something wrong with farming and level locks in this game, why do we have level 150ish players in inferno missions, and only 220 solo farmers in ado/pen ?...)
    Level locks are the absolutely wrong choice to deal with any issue in game. There's tl5/6's in inferno because 220 easy inf mission is EASIER to complete than 210 pulled Easy penumbra mission, and it gives both capped SK and research for tl5/6 players.

Now that everyone is used to the bit faster leveling speed compared to the "good old days" level lockin the zones will only make people leave instead of moving them to the lower zones. The right choice is to fix the lower level leveling areas. The game suggestion forum is full of good suggestions about that, and they're all ignored by the devs.

Personally i only go to Alappaa to help friends and orgmates or to get pads for my alts. When we go there with org team, the programs are usually spoken for to go with the pads to who needs them most. If we get extra progs they are rolled, but from the typical helping run I usually get nothing. Atleast there was the nice chunk of easy SK for research (the not so important lines that's usually left to fill up over time after you've maxed the importat lines) available before which you get for helping your friends. Now it's nothing.

And 220 only makes absolutely no sense in pande. HHAB is locked to 190. i'm not saying the pande doja should be 190-220, but something like 205-220 would be good (what it was previously iirc).
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Personally i only go to Alappaa to help friends and orgmates or to get pads for my alts. When we go there with org team, the programs are usually spoken for to go with the pads to who needs them most. If we get extra progs they are rolled, but from the typical helping run I usually get nothing. Atleast there was the nice chunk of easy SK for research (the not so important lines that's usually left to fill up over time after you've maxed the importat lines) available before which you get for helping your friends. Now it's nothing.

And 220 only makes absolutely no sense in pande. HHAB is locked to 190. i'm not saying the pande doja should be 190-220, but something like 205-220 would be good (what it was previously iirc).
    Agreed

/signed
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

just as bad, for me, a casual player these day, was resetting inferno doja to 205+. I solo a lot as I don't have the time to run inf mishs and such on my 200 soldier and this one hit me hard, as now I got to get an hot from an orgmate so I can run around penumbra to get one, and as we know, the drop rates are horrendous for doja on the mobs there.
    Plugsz
    President, Newcomers Alliance 220/30/70 Gun Advy RK1
    Advy Guns since day 1 and damn proud of it
    Manguyver's Foremans/Biomare Services services on pause for now

Hardcorree 200/30/67 Bringing DD and off-tanking to a battle near you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    Alappaa and Alba also do not share daily lockout with Inferno Doja's anymore, but instead share daily lockout with DR Doja, so you can frm both. (If I have read the DB right)
    If this is true, everyone should stop complaining.