Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some fact checking

Some fact checking

I seem to remember that when Old Athen was invaded there was a massacre of omni and neutral civilians there.
    However I'm having trouble finding any good source to it.
    Can you guys help me out a little?
    Thanks in advance for all the help you may choose to give :-)
    Domaldel

(Ps, not playing in-game anymore, but the subject came up in a discussion on the TSW forum where the secret societies in the upcoming game is compared with the AO sides)

(Pps, the reason I'm not playing the game anymore is a dead computer)
    Last edited by Luredreier; Nov 26th, 2011 at 00:17:03.

I can't think of the one you might be referring to, but Bahirae + a buttload of juggernaughts came in OA a few years back, killed a bunch of people on Clan and Omni, but I doubt any neutrals were really involved.

Going further back, I remember Volcatius and the Legion. Not many neutrals involved in that one as well. However, many omni players came to old athen to gank flagged players.

Also, around the same time Aliens invading major cities. Not much to really tell there.

Doesn't seem to be enough of those attacks anymore. I think pheats has been a little lax on those as of late. He must've gotten bored with them, or is out with a sick compy.

Other then that, no clue.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Is there any chance you mean when Omni-2 was invaded by clans and taken over, and subsequently renamed Athen? I don't know much about the specifics of the event, but here is a thread with some discussion of the city's history.

HTH,
    Gora
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

'When the front troops came marching into Athen with their AR707's blazing, the last Omni-Pol soldiers being flung to pieces behind their barriers - then we knew our day of victory had come.' This was said by the clan poet and war historian Sunny Aestus. The MTI AR707 is only sold to legal armed forces. Earlier it was thought that this gun was one of the main reasons the clans were able to keep a persistant pressure and finally invade Athen (or Omni-2, as it was called at the time), but later reports prove that OT also were in possession of the weapon. It is also worth mentioning that it's unlikely that any of the sides had more than 20-30 units properly trained in the use of the AR707.

MTI AR707 Major
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Also, see here. Citations are in the OP.

And lastly, the Timeline, while not mentioning Neutrals, talks about the barbaric treatment the Clans showed to 'all Omni-Tek personnel' which would include Non-Military Employees who would have made up most of the city.

The Clans always have been and always will be a scourge upon Rubi-Ka.

Harry also complained about how he just wanted to keep his hotels in OA peacefully after the invasion but no matter the offers he made they were all trashed.

It's a discontinuity in the timeline because well... that would make Harry an Omega.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    WTB this weapon just because of the storyline.

I'm surprised I had never heard of it. On a side note: after only some cursory digging, I was unable to find much information on the MTI logo other than whats slapped on weapons.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Nov 27th, 2011 at 22:23:20.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Massacre

I'm referring to the events after the invasion of Old Athen when the city stopped being the omni city of Omni-2
    Regarding the timeline...
    Is it exactly the same as the one on the old website?
    I'm almost entirely sure that I've heard one version of the events that says that the civilians there that weren't claners where massacred by the sentinels.
    However I don't remember where I got it from.
    But since I mainly just have low level characters that means that I either got it from the net somewhere or from a npc that can be accessed by low level players (or could be at some point in time)
    Heck, it might even be from the old spaceport from back before they sent you directly to the beach for all I know...
    You know you could talk to people in the waiting hall or whatever the name was back in the days.
    Or perhaps it's the neutral observer that told me about it?
    Possibly a neutral character on the mainland?
    I donno, I just seem to remember hearing about it somewhere...

Edit: Ps. thanks for all the links, haven't found anything mentioning it there yet but keep the links coming, one of them might have relevant info :-)
    Oh and keep in mind that I'm talking about the events just after the invasion, not during it

Edit2: Oh, and the orginal intro video don't mention it either :-/
    Then again, that one is basically a clan propaganda video
    Edit3: Can't find my original leaflet...
    Donno if it contain any relevant info, but I doubt it since it's made for a target audience that have yet to hear about Old Athen in the first place.
    Last edited by Luredreier; Nov 28th, 2011 at 01:32:33.

And lastly, the Timeline, while not mentioning Neutrals, talks about the barbaric treatment the Clans showed to 'all Omni-Tek personnel' which would include Non-Military Employees who would have made up most of the city.

The Clans always have been and always will be a scourge upon Rubi-Ka.
    If you change that statement to only apply to the sentinels I might be inclined to agree.
    However there's others out there that got a way cleaner consciousnesses then ot...
    Just take the pilgrims for example.
    I have yet to hear a bad word about them...
    And they've never been anything but kind to us neutrals, something that isn't always the case with ot.

Gee pants, you're starting to be less biased then usual. :P
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    WTB this weapon just because of the storyline.

I'm surprised I had never heard of it. On a side note: after only some cursory digging, I was unable to find much information on the MTI logo other than whats slapped on weapons.
    MTI has an official logo? I don't recall ever seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Luredreier View Post
    I'm referring to the events after the invasion of Old Athen when the city stopped being the omni city of Omni-2
    Regarding the timeline...
    Is it exactly the same as the one on the old website?
    I'm almost entirely sure that I've heard one version of the events that says that the civilians there that weren't claners where massacred by the sentinels.
    However I don't remember where I got it from.
    But since I mainly just have low level characters that means that I either got it from the net somewhere or from a npc that can be accessed by low level players (or could be at some point in time)
    Heck, it might even be from the old spaceport from back before they sent you directly to the beach for all I know...
    You know you could talk to people in the waiting hall or whatever the name was back in the days.
    Or perhaps it's the neutral observer that told me about it?
    Possibly a neutral character on the mainland?
    I donno, I just seem to remember hearing about it somewhere...

Edit: Ps. thanks for all the links, haven't found anything mentioning it there yet but keep the links coming, one of them might have relevant info :-)
    Oh and keep in mind that I'm talking about the events just after the invasion, not during it

Edit2: Oh, and the orginal intro video don't mention it either :-/
    Then again, that one is basically a clan propaganda video
    Edit3: Can't find my original leaflet...
    Donno if it contain any relevant info, but I doubt it since it's made for a target audience that have yet to hear about Old Athen in the first place.
    You may be correct there - That information may have come from a Clan NPC somewhere. Most of the information I cite regarding #OccupyOmni2 is all from before and up to the invasion. Omni History Books just outline how once the Hobo Clans took it over they ran it into the ground. Although, with the recent 'improvements' it may finally prove worth taking back...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Gee pants, you're starting to be less biased then usual. :P

Omni History Books just outline how once the Hobo Clans took it over they ran it into the ground.
    If, by this, you mean that we resolved the flooding issue, then yes. Shops have re-opened, landscaping's been re-planted, it looks pretty nice! So, yes, there was ground underneath all that silt.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

MTI has an official logo? I don't recall ever seeing that.
    What I mean by that is lore of the MTI corporation.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    If, by this, you mean that we resolved the flooding issue, then yes. Shops have re-opened, landscaping's been re-planted, it looks pretty nice! So, yes, there was ground underneath all that silt.
    At least the city isn't filled with gun-crazy idiots that have to shoot everything that moves like Tir... (referring to the Sentiels)
    How it was back then I can't tell, I arrived on the planet later.
    But I liked the look of Old Athen last time I visited, and liked West Athen even more (Domaldel is from Newland so as you might guess I'm not the most urban neutral around).

Now now.. the Sentinels dont shoot EVERYTHING that moves. Just the Omni--- and the occasional neutral...

They can be quite helpful if your a loyal clanner.
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

I thought Sentinels were very much 'you are with them or you are against them'? So either you're an enemy (Omni or Neutral), you're refusing to get off your backside and honour your beliefs (other Clans) or you're a friend (and probably a Sentinel yourself, so of course they'll help). Well, I vaguely recall them getting along with whomever the ex-miners led by that 'trox are.
    RK2
    Krishina: Omni Engineer, 100/10

A terrorist is a terrorist. I'm not sure why time should be spend debating the finer characteristics and put them into different terrorist buckets

I guess our founding fathers of America were terrorists then too, by that definition. Tsk tsk Pants.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Krishina View Post
    . Well, I vaguely recall them getting along with whomever the ex-miners led by that 'trox are.
    Well if you are refering to the Unionists, they are not ex-miners at all. They run 4-holes.

This tells you a bit about their leader -- that 'trox as you call him

http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...&table=CONTENT
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast