Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Towerwar history (Atlantean)

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    You are saying the root cause of the 3 year omni dominance was not sb+os?
    Read my post again, big guy.

Obsessed much ?

he's merely saying that "the clan taking over" rootcause is not only the removal of OS+SB.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

ib4dra... frak
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Thanks for the kind words

As for the whole "there's only one reason clan dominates" discussion, I can only say: Look at the SideXP graph for 2011, between week 6 and 21. Neutrals taking huge chunks of towers from Omni is a strong sign of Omni being demotivated. Is it the only reason for the current state of affairs? Of course not.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Grats demoder, good job
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Hes not that big fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Slynn View Post
    Hes not that big fyi
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!11

o-o

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    not me?

FC just keep ruined HiLevel NotumWars (2-3 years domination is very destructive for game). So, as result of long domination we have some pathologic effects now.

Yes, august 2009 was very hot on Atlantean, but it happen only after changes.

Well, i can understand, if FC don't want (probably) change NW before new balance. But i not see official info about ANY developers movement in the NW. So, this situation will be keeped, and i can understand it only as - for them it is not a significant matter. So, if somebody want something new in the open-world mass PvP - we can't waiting it in the AO, and we can start check new projects.
    What projects are those mavri, does it include hiting towers once in a while, to try something in favor of your faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!11

o-o
    Hey you, dont lazyflame me! Im in a higher horse here mkai?

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    for 2011, between week 6 and 21. Neutrals taking huge chunks of towers from Omni is a strong sign of Omni being demotivated.
    Actually, it's a strong sign of "not enough active clan orgs, so we have to plant with neutral placeholder" case.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

sb and os was on both servers you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

not me?

FC just keep ruined HiLevel NotumWars (2-3 years domination is very destructive for game). So, as result of long domination we have some pathologic effects now.

Yes, august 2009 was very hot on Atlantean, but it happen only after changes.
    You just disproved your own point. If FC "ruined high level NW" and 2009 was the only time any fun TL7 PvP happened, why are most of your attacks in 2010 and 2011?

Why did we see hundreds and thousands of attacks in that video on TL7 sites after it became clear that one side was going to dominate TL7?

You may not have enjoy "griefing" but apparently hundreds of others did because they kept doing it over and over. I would argue that for most it isn't griefing, it's something they do not out of anger or bitterness, but because they enjoy it. Don't insult them by implying what they do in their game with their free time is just some pathetic thing they do because FC have failed in some way.

The beautiful thing about a game is that you don't have to win to enjoy playing.

If you aren't enjoying it, maybe you should stop, and stop emoing on the forums while you're at it. Just about everyone else in this thread is still enjoying NW on a regular basis at some title level.

Nice Job! I saw my name a couple times as number #1, Its nice to see the old players who are no longer active and how much they helped omnis, I learn that omnis are as dumb as clans now then when they were in 2007/9-2009/08.

Overall brought good memorys nice job

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    sb and os was on both servers you know.
    Give me omni sb and old OS then show me how to take towers from me.

I guess that's a bit too much to ask given that you can't take them even now.

But the point is that if you know what you are doing and you have sb+ old os on your side you don't lose towers ever.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLovin View Post
    The beautiful thing about a game is that you don't have to win to enjoy playing.
    Ok. Pass your TL7 base to any omni org and you will be have this fun too. What? You don't want? Very strange...
    But the point is that if you know what you are doing and you have sb+ old os on your side you don't lose towers ever.
    We have same situation on Atlantean as on OS+SB time, but now clans not lost TL7 towers anymore and omni not have chances.
    Last edited by Mavritanic; Dec 9th, 2011 at 16:00:42.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Ok. Pass your TL7 base to any omni org and you will be have this fun too. What? You don't want? Very strange...
    we did. mercs held dav 5x for a whole hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    The reason for the long dominance wasn't a lack of clan leadership, organizational skill. numbers or any such thing. It was a technical imbalance.

If you want to call the long dominance in itself a root cause then that's fine but the root of your root cause was the imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Thanks for the kind words

As for the whole "there's only one reason clan dominates" discussion, I can only say: Look at the SideXP graph for 2011, between week 6 and 21. Neutrals taking huge chunks of towers from Omni is a strong sign of Omni being demotivated. Is it the only reason for the current state of affairs? Of course not.

It's true what the other guy says. The population is no longer big enough to maintain all the towerfields that are avaiable. At least not the small and nearly useless ones.
    Which is why these have been planted by neut planter orgs that are not actually neut.

Wrong again, Mavri. For years I PvPed day in and day out and did NW quite happilly from TL3-TL7 without any towers. I did it without towers for 3 years straight and enjoyed it like many others clans.

omni not have chances.
    You have every chance, you just don't have enough collective willpower, organisation, and determination to keep it up. Clan do and unless you put out more energy, effort, and time than us, why do you deserve towers?

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Obsessed much ?
    me commenting on something that doesn't make sense makes me obsessed in your eyes? Well, in that case you may think so as much as you like. It's a semi free world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    he's merely saying that "the clan taking over" rootcause is not only the removal of OS+SB.
    He was saying that the result of the sb+os problem is a root cause. Which isn't technically untrue but it's silly. It's similar to saying that a root causes to deaths among aids patients is the infections that the patients would normally have defeated if they didn't have aids.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast