Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Towerwar history (Atlantean)

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    no TL7 fun anymore, just pointless attempts and grifing many years.
    Speak for yourself.

Every week and sometimes every day anywhere from 10 to 50 people spend hours doing TL7 NW. Who do you think you are to tell them that they're pointless?

What gives you the impression they aren't having fun?

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about (probably because you are rarely ingame to see for yourself).

Macro/Micro Perspectives: Not a "LOL Translation" jab.

…P.S. This is good sense of freshes - new world, new friends and no money =D
    This reads like a bad commercial for a feminine hygiene product.
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLovin View Post
    Speak for yourself.

Every week and sometimes every day anywhere from 10 to 50 people spend hours doing TL7 NW. Who do you think you are to tell them that they're pointless?

What gives you the impression they aren't having fun?

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about (probably because you are rarely ingame to see for yourself).
    Probably results of this attacks?...
    Well, i mean - no results.
    Now is not problem to kill CT. Main problem is hold it against defenders zerg.
    Just current mechanic friendly to dominating side - this side always get back base.

Ahh! hell... i don't want start it again. Someone have resources to attempts (respect, really), i don't have anymore.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Probably results of this attacks?...
    Well, i mean - no results.
    Having PvP is a result.

Having fun is a result.

You don't need towers to be good at PvP and you don't need them to enjoy PvP. In fact, being able to attack them is probably alot more fun than having to defend them.

Having PvP is a result.
    Having fun is a result.
    Ok. Next logical move - removing all tower benefits.
    Whats wrong? PvP and Fun is result!

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

Fine with me, make towers stationary things which respawn on their own and don't need to be planted while you're at it. It would turn NW into a non-instanced CTF style BS.

Would still be fun and you'd still whine that omnis can't win at TL7 NW on RK1.

What your faction needs is leadership and all you're giving them is an excuse and justification for defeat which is based in lies and fuzzy logic.

How do you expect the omnis who still play AO (unlike you) to win if you keep repeating that victory is impossible without Funcom serving it up on a plate for them?

Sure... I and most of my friends always said that we'd have worked just as hard in tower wars whether there were benefits or not. Infact, in hindsight it would have made for a purer battle over the years since only the hardcore NW addicts would show up. Instead, NW has always been about morale. Tiamin defined it perfectly a few years ago; there's NW addicts on both sides who will always show up, but winning towers is about the leader of your faction persuading the people who otherwise wouldn't touch NW with a barge pole (the PvM masses) to show up. Doing that while persuading the other side's PvM masses to stop showing up = a successful takeover. And from then on it's just maintenance.

I didn't plant my first TS towers until about 1 year after Clan won towers back. And when I did it was only to fill the base up. However, I'm glad the benefits were there... not because I couldn't live without them, but because there's people like you who have been throwing their toys out of the pram for 2 and a half years now because you certainly can't live without them. And that made that time even more satisfying.

By the way, even though I'm replying to Mavritanic to address his point, this isn't really directed at him - this is directed to all the Omnis who'd raise a similar point (they've all been breastfed the same rubbish) who're slightly more sociable and intelligent than Mav. I get that he's going to reply like a 4 year old with down's syndrome, I get it - I've known him long enough.
    Last edited by Solox; Dec 12th, 2011 at 11:25:54.

Wtf happened here?
    How did we get from the original post to this giant train wreck?
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Wtf happened here?
    Russian vodka train is what happened
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Wtf happened here?
    How in 7 years of reading LOA are you surprised at the outcome of a thread not being its original intention?

Wtf happened here?
    This doesn't sound like the creator of DoA to me.

Quote Originally Posted by esssch View Post
    this doesn't sound like the creator of doa to me.
    eeeebbbaaaaaayyyyyyyy !
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Seriously is there an "ignore posts by certain ppl button" on these forums?
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Seriously is there an "ignore posts by certain ppl button" on these forums?

here

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    How in 7 years of reading LOA are you surprised at the outcome of a thread not being its original intention?
    I'm looking for an entertaining recap.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Russian vodka train is what happened
    Is a pretty good start

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    This doesn't sound like the creator of DoA to me.
    What's this DoA thing you're talking about? I never heard of such a thing!
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Fine with me, make towers stationary things which respawn on their own and don't need to be planted while you're at it. It would turn NW into a non-instanced CTF style BS.

Would still be fun and you'd still whine that omnis can't win at TL7 NW on RK1.

What your faction needs is leadership and all you're giving them is an excuse and justification for defeat which is based in lies and fuzzy logic.
    1. Suggestions can be very good or very stupid, but this is not important, if developers not plan to changing NW.
    2. I'm against revolution changes in the systems - this have good chance to destroy system totally (SWG Combat Updates for example). Much better evolution changes. I hope, you can understand the difference between the concepts.

This is very bad, if good PvP-leadership non-availability paralyze hilevel NW many years.
    How do you expect the omnis who still play AO (unlike you) to win if you keep repeating that victory is impossible without Funcom serving it up on a plate for them?
    I made experiment this year. 4 months did not write anything on the forums and watch the statistic... and does not had any impact on the situation. So, my negative influence is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    My post about removing tower benefits just sarcasm.

Some minor MMO-projects try make PvP-content without reward.
    Results: if players not have motivation to do something - players don't do it. I mean - if remove towers benefit it kill NW totally. And AO have negative experience with PvP-content without enough reward - Will to Fight dungeon and Rogue Miners (btw, i write about this problem in the Rogue Miners before release).
    Last edited by Mavritanic; Dec 12th, 2011 at 22:01:27.

"... who are you, then?"

Thanks Lazy
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Thanks Lazy
    nice try, but this is not so comfortable - each time user unignore and ignore again

"... who are you, then?"

What's this DoA thing you're talking about? I never heard of such a thing!
    Whatever happened to Deniska, he'd back me up here, we were DoA Bullies together!

Did he get tired of leveling to max in each new MMO and then quitting after a month? You could tell how many new MMOs had come out just by the list of characters in his sig.

nice try, but this is not so comfortable - each time user unignore and ignore again
    No1 is getting you at all mate...
    First, what did i try?
    Which user does what?

U need to specify more of what u say, especially with typing there is no expressions or emotions to be seen so whatever goes on in your brain u need to write out loud. And i dont mean that you should bash on your keyboard louder, distance means we wont even hear it if ur mad
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast