Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Towerwar history (Atlantean)

I'm guessing I was kinda responsible for the derail, the timelapse was absolutely fabulous and it showed what I'd missed since leaving in 2005 before returning earlier this year. I was interested in how there was such a violent shift in the balance of power in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigashadv View Post
    I'm guessing I was kinda responsible for the derail, the timelapse was absolutely fabulous and it showed what I'd missed since leaving in 2005 before returning earlier this year. I was interested in how there was such a violent shift in the balance of power in 2009.
    Heh, np...derails happen and most of us over the age of 13 are already used to skipping the nonsense Mavri and solox post on the forums
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

After responding to a request in the LoR thread, I'm posting similar stats for Atlantean:

Out of all recorded history (September 2007 to early december 2011), the average SideXP is:
    Code:
       Omni: 9,156%
    Neutral: 4,118%
       Clan: 11,312%
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    That.
    Clans had a wild morale rally, while Omni spent the past few yrs getting fat and lazy chasing grief/meep crews. Add to that the serious exodus of Omni leadership, and the major powerhouse pvp orgs.
    A lot of ppl, myself included, were not willing to spend hours fighting for bases, endure those stupid 4 hour "gank me plox" tower flags, just to return the high bases to the same old orgs, while hoping for the ttl 3-4 crumbs. So...we have what we have today.

Among 5-6 different reasons, the main reason Clan got towers back was based on Gun's statement above. Omni leadership "always" gave fields to the orgs who "used" to help the most. So if your org brings 50 % of the pvp force to a field, the original owner who now has 2 actives online (max) gets was allowed to get their field back. Since the major pvp orgs dwindled down and the "new" orgs with numbers weren't allowed fields, why bother getting fields for other people?
    Sb+OS did decrease the extra edge omni had, however it wasn't used as often as it should have been. I really liked polly as a MP... he whined much less back then!!

If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.
    On the other hand, my kids are on better hot timers and I don't have to pay to play with them... so /win. xD

sidenote: wts 7 non-instanced cities for plex or swtor time.
    You know there's an issue when forums are more fun then playing in game.

Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    sidenote: wts 7 non-instanced cities for plex or swtor time.
    How many plexes are we talking about?
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Among 5-6 different reasons, the main reason Clan got towers back was based on Gun's statement above. Omni leadership "always" gave fields to the orgs who "used" to help the most. So if your org brings 50 % of the pvp force to a field, the original owner who now has 2 actives online (max) gets was allowed to get their field back. Since the major pvp orgs dwindled down and the "new" orgs with numbers weren't allowed fields, why bother getting fields for other people?
    We use a tracker to make sure we give the fields to orgs based on participation.

Clan 1 - omni 0

Sb+OS did decrease the extra edge omni had, however it wasn't used as often as it should have been.
    If you're referring to the OS nerf and FC finally getting around to fixing clan sb's after years and years, then yes it did level the playfield. And that was all we asked for.

I really liked polly as a MP... he whined much less back then!!
    Who are you again?

If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields.
    There we have it! It wasn't the massive effort put in by clan as a faction combined with a level playing field and omni decline that did it. It was YOUR wife.

How silly of us to not realize that.

2009 is pretty much when I quit.
    Then why did you make this post? You lost your towers nearly 3 years ago. It's time to get over it now. Either move on or try to make a difference.

If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields.
    HEY EVERYONE! THIS GUY HAS A WIFE! amg!

Thanks for the forum sig
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Thanks for the forum sig
    Too bad no one can see it.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

what is the stats today?
    Main Char:
    Tonberryff - 220/30/70 (The one and only Ton)
    Org: Horizon
    Faction: Omni
    I am a PvE -> Person VS EVERYTHING!

Other Freaks:
    Tonberrydmg - Shade - Survivor
    Tonberrry - Doctor - Saver
    Dontonberry - NT - Annoyer
    Tonberrysol - Soldier - Pretty boy

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
    what is the stats today?
    A very one sided clan domination!

wb.

Thanks Rhap. Same old story. As a proud omni i will return and hope for the better
    Main Char:
    Tonberryff - 220/30/70 (The one and only Ton)
    Org: Horizon
    Faction: Omni
    I am a PvE -> Person VS EVERYTHING!

Other Freaks:
    Tonberrydmg - Shade - Survivor
    Tonberrry - Doctor - Saver
    Dontonberry - NT - Annoyer
    Tonberrysol - Soldier - Pretty boy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345