Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Smith

Bump for supplemental VP rewards from BS missions after picking your "main" XP-giving mission, whichever one it is.
    :E

Yeah, probably what they should've done.

Upon further investigation, the SK/XP reward from the last miner appears to be bugged, maybe only if a pet is the one that does the killing. I had two characters teamed, and one with a pet. The pet killed my last miner. On the toon without the pet, I received nothing but a return to the bar update. On the character with the pet, strangely, I received the SK that would've gone to research (I have it set at 4% to even the toons xp because of a slight faction difference), but did not receive the rest of it. Not sure if this is an old bug with pets or a new one, but either way, that is two days I've done it without a reward. Oh well.

Okay... this time, I got the daily, didn't use a pet to kill anything, and still, same results as before. Maybe because I have two characters teamed, but again, the character with research on got research, but neither of them received any other SK upon the third kill.

^^ also did this for 2 days with same results as above poster.

Worth part is, despite the Dev Post here saying they will reimburse XP, the GM said they were unable to do this!

Entering petition queue now. Upon killing the 3rd miner I got a single "You've received an item as mission reward!" which was tokens, but no SK. I was given VP upon returning to John Smith. (was not teamed at any point while this mission was active)

Edit: For my LVL99 Neut toon (on which I pulled the notum miner mission Monday night before I left town):
    ·Upon killing the 3rd miner got a mission update (no token item reward obv), no XP
    ·Upon returning to the bar got the VP item reward, no XP
    Aniseptic: I have completed my assignment.
    John Smith: Here is your reward. If you want another mission, report to me in 18 hours.
    Aniseptic: I'm up for another one right now if that's ok.
    John Smith: I'm really not supposed to...
    He takes a quick peek around the room.
    John Smith: 'Fraid the authority would find out... There were some strange folks down here jus' now. Sorry man, 18 hours.
    Surely this is not WAI.
    Last edited by Gorathon; Dec 17th, 2011 at 15:50:35.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

I did this on a TL5 toon and got xp just fine... is it an SK thing, or is it being teamed? What were the circumstances for you guys?

Left group for the last kill.... still just my 4 percent towards research, no other SK rewarded. Fix it please!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    That should be reported as a bug until someone from FC can comment and state if the change was intended, and if so why it was not included in the Patch Notes.
    Done.
    (08:19) [PleasantGM]: Greetings Aniseptic! This is GM xxx. Do you have a moment to speak about your petition? You may reply by either using Shift+R or /tell xxx. We currently have a message filter on and this will close any dialog window you manually try to open.
    To [PleasantGM]: hello! yes, i do. flush from my recent ding to 100 i am in a quiet, safe place
    [PleasantGM]: Can you tell me about your issue?
    To [PleasantGM]: sure. i rolled the notum miner mission last monday night, before leaving town, before the recent patch. when i killed the 3rd miner this morning i received a mission update and no token item reward (i'm neut so that makes sense)
    To [PleasantGM]: when i returned to the bar i didn't receive any xp nor was i able to pull another mish. this is me on the forums: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...6&postcount=26
    [PleasantGM]: I see. Please wait while I investigate this issue.
    To [PleasantGM]: oh sure, no problem
    [PleasantGM]: I have investigated the issue. Unfortunately, I cannot resolve this issue for you. However, I thank you for reporting it to us. I have taken note of it, and all appropriate documentation will be submitted. Is there anything else you need help with today?
    To [PleasantGM]: well, sure. you can tell me to whom i should report this so that it may be resolved. =]
    [PleasantGM]: That is why I will be submitting the documentation, so that we can try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
    To [PleasantGM]: oh i see. well, very good. please note that i have also submitted a petition on another toon. thanks for your time, and i look forward to resolution!
    [PleasantGM]: I wish you the best of luck in your future adventures. Good luck and take care.
    Grrrr. When I logged my doc:
    (09:23) Offline message from ADiffGM (Sat 17 Dec 2011 07:02 GMT)
    (09:23) [ADiffGM]: Greetings Gorastopr! This is GM xxx. Do you have a moment to speak about your petition? You may reply by either using Shift+R or /tell xxx. We currently have a message filter on and this will close any dialog window you manually try to open.
    (09:23) Offline message from xxx (Sat 17 Dec 2011 07:02 GMT)
    (09:23) [ADiffGM]: Greetings, Thank you for contacting Funcom customer support! It appears that you are currently offline. However I was able to restore this lost SK to your character. I hope that you have a great day!
    He/she did, and it was. WTB a consistent solution. Paying well. (And thank you to the GMs for dealing with this btw)
    Last edited by Gorathon; Dec 17th, 2011 at 17:26:56.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

when did funcom start giving xp/sk to players for things fouling up o.O??

I remember doing the entire Neretva Canyon quest and not getting a single sk reward only for them to patch in the fix for it later.. and was told by GMs that funcom never gives SK to players. New policy or this is some special situation?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    when did funcom start giving xp/sk to players for things fouling up o.O??
    They fixed his because he didn't get the intended reward at the time he completed it.

There's a difference between fixing a bug for an intended reward and "fixing" by adding a reward that wasn't ever there before.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Dec 18th, 2011 at 01:34:46.
    Because Race Yalm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12