Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The official s10 whine thread

The official s10 whine thread

Hello,

After stepping in s10 after the patch and spending an hour and a half checking the changes, it has been brought to my attention that :

- As a result to the bounty/CRU nerf (good in my opinion), the only worthwhile loot for a farmer would be signal relay for bosses

- The signal relay droprates haven't been increased, and is very low

- When people would go in s10 to farm bounties in the past, and grab signal relay as a bonus income, to sell to boss farmers, now signal relay aren't a good reason alone to go in there and farm.

- As a result, signal relay supplies should go down grantly.

- No more cheap med range AI armor.

PS : Your "instanced" boss areas are actually not instanced at the moment. If several person enters it without being in a team, they ll end up in the same pf.

Yeah, I was also curious about the s10 update and after spending an hour in there and not seeing much difference
    other than the snares being gone and still no relays dropping, I went to turn in those larva and discovered a new
    elevator.
    Yay, cool, neat, a new place!

So, took that lift and got smashed to pieces by a general waiting by the entrance.

Oh, well..bad luck..trying again..thinking "is it really supposed to hit me like that?" 1600 dammage on a 5k hitpoint
    toon sure hurts.
    Made some brand new pets and went in to explore some more..its just a big cave with a spawner in it..and..duh..
    and nothing to hide behind:S(except at the entrance, but then the Cha just heals up), well kinda a downer that.

So ofc got smashed to pieces again..and..again..

Guess this was ment as a zone where fixers can have room to kite the boss without any adds.
    Not really sure how this new zone qualifies as solo instance, not with the "new" mob inits and all.

tc, hf and have a good night

Imo the ices should be put back and dr on the relays should be increased. The point with the nerf was (I believe) to reduce the amt of credits that were being poured into the game. Not to actually nerf the ammount of bots that were looted. No ice in s10 affects city raids as well so even though we see a sharp drop in prices atm we don't know what will happen when ppl run out of ice/cru.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Dec 15th, 2011 at 10:20:30.

You received 9349994 xp.
    New Level: 151!
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Also note: Since everyone no longer need 150s and they're leveling. Funcom also killed 150 BS. I haven't seen it run since everyone started leveling. It's just as dead as all the others. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fugya View Post
    Also note: Since everyone no longer need 150s and they're leveling.
    Not everyone. U never know...
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Yea not everyone is lvling - keepers deleted already and MP,MA are soon to follow

Silly people jumping on the "OMFG!!!! WTF BBQ!!!!1111" bandwagon.

More relays for me and my friends then; thank you!
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    Silly people jumping on the "OMFG!!!! WTF BBQ!!!!1111" bandwagon.
    Im just jumping on OMFG!!!! WTF BBQ ANOTHER USELESS PLAYFIELDZOR!111 bandwagon.

More relays for me and my friends then; thank you!
    You are welcome altho with those relays i wouldnt be so sure, i spend there 4 or 5 hours on my last 150 and havent seen even one.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvark View Post
    Yeah, I was also curious about the s10 update and after spending an hour in there and not seeing much difference
    other than the snares being gone and still no relays dropping, I went to turn in those larva and discovered a new
    elevator.
    Yay, cool, neat, a new place!

So, took that lift and got smashed to pieces by a general waiting by the entrance.

Oh, well..bad luck..trying again..thinking "is it really supposed to hit me like that?" 1600 dammage on a 5k hitpoint
    toon sure hurts.
    Made some brand new pets and went in to explore some more..its just a big cave with a spawner in it..and..duh..
    and nothing to hide behind:S(except at the entrance, but then the Cha just heals up), well kinda a downer that.

So ofc got smashed to pieces again..and..again..

Guess this was ment as a zone where fixers can have room to kite the boss without any adds.
    Not really sure how this new zone qualifies as solo instance, not with the "new" mob inits and all.

tc, hf and have a good night
    Same here, with the added extra surprise that after "Changing area. Please wait.
    Entering 'Sector 10 - Solo Instance', the first I came accross was a fixer that was already there
    and didn't know what the place was.
    So, I said to myself "cool, let's do some ssssploiting and team up to kill faster a gimpy boss that 's meant to be soloable".
    It all worked great until we attacked the boss..
    General ran faster (or as fast at least) than the fixer and kept pounding him till he died after a few hits, then started to turn his attention to me, frail little Atrox Keeper with 10.5 K HP and 13% reflects : hits varied between 1200 and 1600 and seemed to ignore evades and cocoon.
    7 or 8 hits and I was down too...
    I tried again with an MA org mate and we went down even faster
    Is this Funcom's definition of a soloable instance when it takes at least a team of 3 with a doc to even consider having a chance of killing the so-called soloable boss ?
    There's something I don't understand here....
    Either this PF is bugged and was meant to be the team instance, or it is indeed a useless playfield???

What general did you guys popped in s10?
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

What general did you guys popped in s10?
    I popped a Rho Signal, so if I remember well, it was Rho- Ilari Khazon Ra, which is supposed to
    be the easiest of all. Didn't live long enough to ask him his name though :-)

The high availability of signal relays did not result in lower AI bot prices...it helped with the large increase in bot prices among mid ranges.

Farmers were purchasing relays, which forced those farmers to increase their bot prices in order to make a profit. Bots that were 70-90 million credits while fixers farmed the admirals solo increased to 120-150 million credits while farmers were using PB's they purchased at 20 million a piece on RK2.

Include the large number of players trying to make 150 and 200 twinks, demand greatly increased on bots used for players who were also trying to farm more bots. The credits players were gaining from bounties and selling their relays meant they could also afford the higher prices.

Reduce the demand and the available credit supply, as well as the cost of acquisition, and then you should see prices drop. If players can farm the relays at a high rate and then sell those off to groups who are farming the PBs together, then I doubt you would help bot prices. If you want to help bot prices then increase the drop rate at city raids or on city raid ship bosses.

i deleted my 150 Soldier and my 150 MA
    Atlantean (Rubi-Ka 1)
    Deathkillz 220/24 Soldier
    Fixstar 220/18 Fixer
    Deathealz 220/18 Doctor
    Deathchillz 187/12 Bureaucrat
    Deathskillz 147/3 Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Farmers were purchasing relays, which forced those farmers to increase their bot prices in order to make a profit.

Reduce the demand and the available credit supply, as well as the cost of acquisition, and then you should see prices drop.
    I did couple PB spawning session, for like a billion worth of relays in total, and i easely doubled that bill. The cash generated is so high compared to the time invested that i don't think boss farmers were "obliged" to increase their bot prices. They are just checking GMS before putting their bots for sale like anyone else, there is not a single reason to believe that if bots went up, it was because boss farmers had to factorise relay cost. Buying 500M worth of relay and then spending 3 hours popping nerfed bosses that didn't warp you anymore and didn't require as many OSBs is a lot easier then old boss farming, gettin their !timers, fighting other fixers in DD wars, + the occasionnal wipes on mid or northen boss who were hard.

Next i don't see why you would like to reduce the demand on AI bots. As far as i see it high demand would mean 150 and 200 twinks are being made, and being played, making a specific level range "active".

Increasing signal relay droprates mechanicly translates into more bots being looted. There woul be more bots available. Now price might still go up if other **** happens in parallel (cash sploit increasing credit supply, huge demand increase etc).

I have to agree. At this time there is no reason to go into S10, farming or otherwise. Because of the rarlty of S10 Relays (Used to be 20-25 million a pop prior to the Halloween Patch on RK1) It's not going to be long before the price outstrips the worth, and no one will even bother to try to scrounge them up.

End result:

- S10 will become deserted because NO ONE wants to spend 12 hours farming S10 for the hopes of getting ONE Relay to spawn ONE boss
    - S10 loot (Armor, AAD, Util items, etc) are all going to become rare as hell and Ludicrously overpriced.
    - This will dishearten more paid newbies who before could scrounge up the 5 million for PATA and the 20 million for an AAD and now can't keep up with those of us that already have them. As a result: more loss of player retention.

Solutions:
    - Add QUESTS to S10 - preferably one that give out a relay as a reward...lock it out to Daily levels (every 18 hours or so.)
    - Put SOMETHING on the standard S10 drops to make it worth our time. VPs, new goodies, new symb like devices... SOMETHING to make it worth the effort of fighting in there as opposed to sitting there deleting crap from corpses becuase you have 20 bags full of it already.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    Solutions:
    - Add QUESTS to S10 - preferably one that give out a relay as a reward...lock it out to Daily levels (every 18 hours or so.)
    - Put SOMETHING on the standard S10 drops to make it worth our time. VPs, new goodies, new symb like devices... SOMETHING to make it worth the effort of fighting in there as opposed to sitting there deleting crap from corpses becuase you have 20 bags full of it already.
    qft
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Leveling my doctor, retired the other 150s in hope of better times.
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

End of TL5...

Quote Originally Posted by fugya View Post
    Also note: Since everyone no longer need 150s and they're leveling. Funcom also killed 150 BS. I haven't seen it run since everyone started leveling. It's just as dead as all the others. Thanks.
    I've always loved TL5, but if this current setup continues, this is the end of TL5 twinking, bs, and farming...

It would be nice to hear from the Dev's on what exactly they are trying to accomplish so that there can still be a playfield that attracts and retains a playerbase... but as things stand now... I don't know why anyone would spend large amounts of time in s10.

Quote Originally Posted by wooooot View Post
    I've always loved TL5, but if this current setup continues, this is the end of TL5 twinking, bs, and farming...

It would be nice to hear from the Dev's on what exactly they are trying to accomplish so that there can still be a playfield that attracts and retains a playerbase... but as things stand now... I don't know why anyone would spend large amounts of time in s10.
    The reason is very simple. Too much "new" credits came out of s10 from the bounties.

Imo they should've left the ices and perhaps increased the relay dr a bit. But otherwise it was a good move.

There are many other ways to make money and now ppl actually have to learn how do do other things than playing a 150 ma in s10. I think thats a great thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast