Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Player Voting: The AO QQ Qontest!

Player Voting: The AO QQ Qontest!

I know that the devs will select the winner, and I'm feeling increasingly stifled by the inability to comment on entries, so I'd like to point out a few high-water posts and invite others to do the same. Hopefully this thread will stay on-or-near-topic.

Best Rage Posts
    Lyrajayne
    Panda-Marius
    Quieter456
    Kopecz
    Redesine

Best References to RL
    Phylicity
    Hezak
    Quieter456
    Tanisthonus

Best Meta-Posts
    Docaholic
    ArienSky
    Gwop
    DecemberSky

Best "Remember When"s
    Lheann
    Goblinspit
    Wrangeline

General Props
    Haxi for poetical correctness
    Mountaingoat for making me cringe
    Midgarclan for a big-*** wall

What entries did you find particularly entertaining or compelling?

Thanks for the poetry appreciation (with secret hidden message!). Have to say that Redesine summed it all up very nicely though with his epic post:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=117

Don't I get mention for the most cookies

Have to add this to my QQ then
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Redesine's post pretty much covers the feelings & opinions of everyone I know that was tired of waiting & has left game for good, left game & waiting indefinitely for Funcom to step up, or is still here & waiting indefinitely for Funcom to step up.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

If Redesine fails to win, barring some amazing late entry, then there is no justice in FC land. I expected Quitter to take the crown and while he delivered, Redesine was just too on point to be denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    If Redesine fails to win, barring some amazing late entry, then there is no justice in FC land. I expected Quitter to take the crown and while he delivered, Redesine was just too on point to be denied.
    It being on-point and people agreeing with what is said isn't the same as it being a good QQ though. It's a QQ-competition, not a feedback-competition

/QQ off
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Funcom employee

Yeah, but he did write up a Fresh Prince parody and that scores bonus points for creativity. XD

Edit: And for the record, just before anyone actually *does*, no QQ about the QQ contest. We're all (or, well, the vast majority of us) are having fun with it thus far - Truth and comedy go hand-in-hand, and both are often just as painful. XD Most entrants are posting in the right spirit, doing it for the entertainment value of getting to truly vent for a change, and I don't wanna see any drama get kicked up to detract from that. So please - Let's keep it civil and jovial *outside* of the contest thread.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    It being on-point and people agreeing with what is said isn't the same as it being a good QQ though. It's a QQ-competition, not a feedback-competition

/QQ off
    He is just too right and too bright to be denied. His words shine like hot flashes of silver from a wing in flight, knifing and gutting me to the core.

I seriously read his words (words...if they were written in stone from a blazing fiery fingertip would they still be mere "words"?) and found the essence of my heart and mind coalescing into one fluid thought: Abandon all Hope, the sun has set on Rubi Ka.
    Last edited by Haxi; May 17th, 2011 at 22:57:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Yeah, but he did write up a Fresh Prince parody and that scores bonus points for creativity. XD
    Hehe
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Haxi's poem is short and to the point. I say we have a winner.
    Pinkeltje

Your friendly little garden gnome, with red pointy hat, a pot belly and an assault rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    He is just too right and too bright to be denied. His words shine like hot flashes of silver from a wing in flight, knifing and gutting me to the core.
    And therein lies the rub, as Wrange pointed out. QQ is generally (as I understand it) identified as something that can be easily dismissed by others, laughed off. Because his words rang true for so many folks one can only hope that his isn't selected by the devs as the best QQ post: to select it would diminish it.
    Last edited by Gora; May 18th, 2011 at 06:28:29. Reason: credit given where due

Thanks all.

Let the word go out across this land:
    AO is DEATH, dust and sand.

The highlight of the thread for me was:

Quote Originally Posted by Cox View Post
    Bioshield (When you do hit me I’ll absorb it along with your tears!)
    Advies... Rubi-Ka's Kleenex.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Add "Best NT QQ" and "Best MP QQ" too :3

pPs: Wrangeline I luv u QQ.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    Advies... Rubi-Ka's Kleenex.
    Snot fair, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Add "Best NT QQ" and "Best MP QQ" too :3
    Funny that posts were about NTs and by MPs....

Quote Originally Posted by Gora View Post
    OFC!!! Compare NT doc with MP doc xD They got the bumps we deserved and we got the nerf they deserved <3
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gora View Post
    i aint no stinkin' mp, fu!

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    i aint no stinkin' mp, fu!
    Aha! There it is, MP's smell bad. No wonder we can't get teams!

The best posts are the ones that don't try to ham it up. I quit writing mine when I figured no one would bother to type more than me they showed me

redesine's post is most excellent, but doesn't my work experience count for anything!?

Highlights of Qualifications
    • Strong research and writing skills, used primarily for evil.
    • Attention to detail(s about when FC predicts features will launch).
    • Experience not helping customers.

Employment / Relevant Experience

August 2010-Present – Professional Quitter – Vha.Chat Inc.
    • Ensuring all optimistic posters are disheartened and oppressed.
    • Comparing AO to Duke Nukem, the sound of a tree falling in an empty forest.
    • Taking crudely drawn pictures, then crudely drawing on top.
    • Agent of chaos.

August 2009-August 2010 – Skeptic –
    • Remaining cautiously optimistic despite little evidence.
    • Making outlandish suggestions involving server merges, BS maps and perk/nano changes.
    • Refusing to change character's setups because "impending" changes would make such an action a wasted effort.

Jan 2005-July 2009 – Faithful subject - Anarchy.exe
    • Making suggestions, helpful replies, and information available to all who desired it.
    • Paid money, not counterfeit, for access to online services.
    • Was not dead inside.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

On a related note I might add to my entry later, I would like to draw attention to the signature on my original forum account, which can be viewed here. I have not been able to log into this account since it was banned in the great Quitter Revolution approximately 7 months ago. Not one of the items in the signature has happened since then
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

I'd like to point out that I nominated you in 2 different categories, and have always respected your moxy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast